Help... Hair algae bloom

Discuss anything related to aquatic plants and aquascaping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Help... Hair algae bloom

Postby thatssam2001 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:21 am

Hi guys

I have started a 1' cube. A planted tank with red cherry shrimp. Now i am facing hair algae bloom in my tank. Its all over the glass and on leaves of some plants.

Using aqua soil with diy co2 citric acid and backing soda.
Light 11w pll & 8 Samsung goq led.

What should i do?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
thatssam2001
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:00 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Help... Hair algae bloom

Postby Vyas » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:18 am

You could try doing small water changes daily.....as well as reduce the light hours!
Vyas
New KAC Member
New KAC Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:35 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Help... Hair algae bloom

Postby thatssam2001 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:40 am

Vyas wrote:You could try doing small water changes daily.....as well as reduce the light hours!

I am changing 30% water daily and removed the samsung goq led modules. And reduced the time of light to 6 hrs from 8hrs and increased co2. But no help. :mad:

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
thatssam2001
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:00 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Help... Hair algae bloom

Postby Vyas » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:11 pm

Could you post a pic of your tank...and the number of shrimp.
Vyas
New KAC Member
New KAC Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:35 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Help... Hair algae bloom

Postby kmandal » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:22 am

I have also faced similar issue before. Try to remove it manually with a tweezers and change water partially everyday, with the increase of CO2 to 3-4bps for a week. If still issue persists, drop 1-2 black mollies into the tank and repeat the step one along with it. Eventually it will reduce.
kmandal
New KAC Member
New KAC Member
 
Posts: 67
Images: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Kolkata (current)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Help... Hair algae bloom

Postby thatssam2001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:24 am

kmandal wrote:I have also faced similar issue before. Try to remove it manually with a tweezers and change water partially everyday, with the increase of CO2 to 3-4bps for a week. If still issue persists, drop 1-2 black mollies into the tank and repeat the step one along with it. Eventually it will reduce.

I cant add mollies as my shrimps are berried. :|

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
thatssam2001
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:00 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Help... Hair algae bloom

Postby thatssam2001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:25 am

Vyas wrote:Could you post a pic of your tank...and the number of shrimp.

Sure in the evening i will post a pic as i am out now. I have added 15 shrimps but now i dont know how much i have i cant find them in my tank. :mad:

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
thatssam2001
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:00 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Help... Hair algae bloom

Postby thatssam2001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:47 pm

Vyas wrote:Could you post a pic of your tank...and the number of shrimp.

IMG_20170111_202805767.jpg


Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thatssam2001
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:00 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Help... Hair algae bloom

Postby kmandal » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:32 am

One more hard way to remove the hair algae, but since you already have introduced Shrimps, do it with caution. Take the affected plants out of your tank and give them a bath for 2-3 mins / few quick dips in hydrogen peroxide (It is used as an oxidizer, bleaching agent and disinfectant) solution (available in medical stores) prepared in a separate container, then wash them thoroughly in fresh water and re-introduce them in the tank. It will solve the problem
kmandal
New KAC Member
New KAC Member
 
Posts: 67
Images: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Kolkata (current)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Help... Hair algae bloom

Postby thatssam2001 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:17 am

kmandal wrote:One more hard way to remove the hair algae, but since you already have introduced Shrimps, do it with caution. Take the affected plants out of your tank and give them a bath for 2-3 mins / few quick dips in hydrogen peroxide (It is used as an oxidizer, bleaching agent and disinfectant) solution (available in medical stores) prepared in a separate container, then wash them thoroughly in fresh water and re-introduce them in the tank. It will solve the problem

Thanks will try that out. :)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
thatssam2001
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:00 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Next

Return to Planted Tank Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest