The Goldfish thread.

Discuss anything and everything related to freshwater fish keeping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

The Goldfish thread.

Postby KarthikC » Mon May 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Starting a thread dedicated to the most abused, inbred, illtreated, forgotten and one of the easiest species of fish to keep.

Recently I started keeping goldfish after a gap of about 20 years (since I began my hobby that is). I have a 2' x 1' x 10" quarantine tank with 3 black ranchu goldfish. I'll make them a 3' x 1' x 1' bare bottom tank soon. Planning to add : 3 red ranchus and one calico ranchu.

Feeding: sera goldfish feed, hikari cichlid bio gold (veggie food), hikari seaweed extreme. Twice a day. Will upload a pic soon!!

It feels like I've not known these goldfish at all. Ever munching and always active. These are lovely fish to keep. Please share pics of ur goldfish and their tanks as well!

Sorry for bad quality pic.

Cheers,

Karthik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go green!
KarthikC
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: The Goldfish thread.

Postby KarthikC » Fri May 27, 2016 5:32 pm

New entrant. :)

Cheers,

Karthik

Go green!
KarthikC
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

The Goldfish thread.

Postby KarthikC » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:18 am

Update.

Go green!
KarthikC
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby KarthikC » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:48 am

New entrants!!

Cheers,

Karthik
Go green!
KarthikC
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby bappa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:34 am

:-bd
Thanks
BAPPA....

Math. The only place where people buy 60 watermelons and no one wonders why....:)
bappa
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Dipankar » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:02 pm

As you know Goldies are one of my favorite and love to see your thriving goldies :-bd
Dipankar
Die Hard KAC Fan
Die Hard KAC Fan

Postby KarthikC » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:43 pm

Dipankar wrote:As you know Goldies are one of my favorite and love to see your thriving goldies :-bd

Thanks dada. How r ur goldfish doing? Never seen updates.

Go green!
KarthikC
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby NetPratap » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:28 pm

I am describing this experience in the hope that this might help someone in a similar situation.

Recently one of my white goldfish developed a bacterial infection. The external symptom was that one side of the body became red. I tried water change and adding salt in the main tank; it did not help. The fish was also getting sluggish.

At that point, I transferred the sick goldfish into a small (unfiltered but with an air-stone) tank and added one teaspoon of salt and methelyne blue in the water. But above that I dropped 1/6 of a tablet of the antibiotic Norflox-TZ. This medicine was from a strip bought at some point which was past few months of its expiry date. After a day I did a 100% water change and added the same combination of medicines again. I kept the fish in the medicated water for 3 days. After the second day all visible sign of the disease was gone. At the end of the third day, I transferred it back to the main tank.

The fish is now doing fine.
NetPratap
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby bappa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:25 am

NetPratap wrote:I am describing this experience in the hope that this might help someone in a similar situation.

Recently one of my white goldfish developed a bacterial infection. The external symptom was that one side of the body became red. I tried water change and adding salt in the main tank; it did not help. The fish was also getting sluggish.

At that point, I transferred the sick goldfish into a small (unfiltered but with an air-stone) tank and added one teaspoon of salt and methelyne blue in the water. But above that I dropped 1/6 of a tablet of the antibiotic Norflox-TZ. This medicine was from a strip bought at some point which was past few months of its expiry date. After a day I did a 100% water change and added the same combination of medicines again. I kept the fish in the medicated water for 3 days. After the second day all visible sign of the disease was gone. At the end of the third day, I transferred it back to the main tank.

thanks for sharing
Thanks
BAPPA....

Math. The only place where people buy 60 watermelons and no one wonders why....:)
bappa
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby thatssam2001 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:02 am

NetPratap wrote:I am describing this experience in the hope that this might help someone in a similar situation.

Nice post.
Just want to add if you keep proper care of your gildfish they will breed like rabbits. :mrgreen:

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
thatssam2001
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Return to General Fishkeeping