Channa tank

Discuss anything and everything related to freshwater fish keeping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Channa Barca tank

Postby arijitphoenix » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:54 am

Hi Avik,
Please change the thread title.
arijitphoenix
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Channa Barca tank

Postby hamza » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:37 am

4x1.5x1.5 is quite small, barca is monster of a channa. Hope you get a larger tank soon.
If it were me, I would have happily settled with a bunch of dwarfs or just a pair of some small-mid size channa in this tank.

@Arjit, go to your starter post on first page, theres button for 'edit' on top. There you can change the title.
hamza
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Re: Channa tank

Postby arijitphoenix » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:18 am

Hi Hamza, I am getting a space of 8*2.5*2.5 tank and waiting to get the monsters. Right now I have made a tank , 3*2*2 and kept 4 punctata and 1 stewarti with black water set up. Hope they stay till i get the other tank is ready.
arijitphoenix
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby arijitphoenix » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:36 am

GLimpses of my tank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arijitphoenix
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby tigermath » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:06 pm

What do u mean by blackwater setup? Look closely if they r hurting one another.

Man, dont be so quick to announce u r getting a 8feeter or u r getting a barca..it's too early. Hope u understand. Concentrate on the present species and try to understand how they act. In the mean time try reading more on bigger channas.
Regards,

Avik

**Dried testicles of POACHERS cure cancer**
tigermath
KAC Senior Member
KAC Senior Member

Postby arijitphoenix » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:24 pm

Absolutely agree with you tiger. I got a space for 8 footer, so I am making it, Its a different matter if I get a barca or not. Will try. But the 8 feeter is sure as I got the glass and the rack in my home. If i dont get barca, I will be doing some other monster. And as per compatibility, yes the punctatas are squibling among each other, but have recovered from the injuries they had. And the stewartii is not disturbed and eating prawns.Here are his better shots.

And by black water, I mean, I have added around 100 IALs and Guava leaves along with the bogs to create a sort of biotope. WIth some duck weed and other floating plants. Its not exactly amazon black water but more of our north bengals doba. Yes some banana planks are added too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arijitphoenix
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby tigermath » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:07 am

Great..check everyday if any fish missing scales or having wounds. U r feeding them prawn only?

Why u guys like the word biotope so much..too many biotopes out there..ial+low light/floating plants+bogwood=biotope..dont be a fool like that guy. It's a common myth, I know that. And it looks different, like some kind of noncommercial film. But blackwater is a better term. I doubt though, whether visibility is so high in blackwaters.

Congrats on the upcoming 8 feeter. That will be some tank for channa. If u start loving these guys, u might end up breeding them. U can keep gr of 6 or 8 and hopefully will get a pair out. I am already dreaming about the tank. Duckweed is a nice choice as floating plants. Even I was reading the other day that it may be used in future as a primary food source. Some farms already feeds their Tilapia with duckweed. U can do some research.
Regards,

Avik

**Dried testicles of POACHERS cure cancer**
tigermath
KAC Senior Member
KAC Senior Member

Postby kumar » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:02 am

arijitphoenix wrote:Absolutely agree with you tiger. I got a space for 8 footer, so I am making it, Its a different matter if I get a barca or not. Will try. But the 8 feeter is sure as I got the glass and the rack in my home. If i dont get barca, I will be doing some other monster. And as per compatibility, yes the punctatas are squibling among each other, but have recovered from the injuries they had. And the stewartii is not disturbed and eating prawns.Here are his better shots.

And by black water, I mean, I have added around 100 IALs and Guava leaves along with the bogs to create a sort of biotope. WIth some duck weed and other floating plants. Its not exactly amazon black water but more of our north bengals doba. Yes some banana planks are added too.

\m/
i luv fish + u luv fis=we luv wish

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby arijitphoenix » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:21 pm

@tiger.You are correct, in true black water visibility is no tthat high, and it can be attained, but not necessary for these channas, as per as I understood. But whole point here is to try and provide a relaxing and healing environment to theses wild gems. I am no expert but my experience has shown me positive results wit IAL and Guava leaves/ They naturally has the healing and relaxing anti oxidants like green tea. So have put them in. And yes, right now the stewartii just like prawns. Have weaned him from live food. But the puncs are a revealation. They are eating massivore delight, cichlid sticks, dry blood worms.
And strangely I have seen all of them eating something from the duck weed. Dont know what it is all about. have to look in deep.

And yes, the eight feeter is something i am looking forward to.
arijitphoenix
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby saurav » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:56 am

Interested to know who is making the 8 footer tank for you. A step by step update with pics would be welcome.
saurav
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

PreviousNext

Return to General Fishkeeping