Need Help

Discuss anything and everything related to freshwater fish keeping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Need Help

Postby sbm1976 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Guys ,

Need some help about following things..
1> I have 4'x2'x2' tank very old (20yrs) with 8mm normal glass which I want to dismantle.Please guide me how can I achieve that , is there any liquid solvent or something which can desolve the silicone ?There is a dow corning silicone remover out there , but I do not know if it is available in India.Any help would be appreciated.Any person who can open it up for me for a paid service is also welcome.

2> After dispose of that old tank I want to make a custom size tank with size 72"L x 24"W x 18"H with 15mm Extra/Ultra Clear glass (4 Panels) bottom will be normal or smoked float glass.Who is the best person in Kolkata to do this (Buro Da ?).There is a Group in Facebook from Howrah , they are doing this thing , and they have some very good planted aquarium setup to check (I am not telling the group name here , you can easily find them on Facebook).

3 > Can anyone tell me who are the authorized dealer in Kolkata for Eheim filters? I want to buy a Eheim Classic 600 (2217) on urgent basis.

Thanks.
sbm1976
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Need Help

Postby subhendu421 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:17 am

1. It is not available in India. Why dismantle? Sell it off in Quickr or with the LFS do a trade off
2. Where do you stay? In laketown there is a LFS guy who makes lots f nice aquarium and even he has his aquarium in Nabanna and other govt organization. His work is very neat but charges are little too high. His aquariums are of ADA style rimless. I have not seen Buuroda's work.
3. Buy online. It is cheaper
subhendu421
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby sbm1976 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:00 pm

subhendu421 wrote:1. It is not available in India. Why dismantle? Sell it off in Quickr or with the LFS do a trade off
2. Where do you stay? In laketown there is a LFS guy who makes lots f nice aquarium and even he has his aquarium in Nabanna and other govt organization. His work is very neat but charges are little too high. His aquariums are of ADA style rimless. I have not seen Buuroda's work.
3. Buy online. It is cheaper

Thank for reply , but the thing is that the old tank has very bad workmanship and has leakage.Also I have plan to use the glass in other usage in my home.
I am living at Shyambazar
You can check facebook for Aquasphere from Howrah , they make very good tank.
Can you provide any online shop from which I can buy Eheim 600 for less than 10500/- ?

Again tanks for reply.
sbm1976
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby sbm1976 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:10 am

any one ? please reply
sbm1976
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Return to General Fishkeeping