KingshukPC wrote:I hope I can get it to work.. my relatively small aquarium..
its a cylindrical barrel type, 1 feet diameter, 1.5 feet in height
holds about 28liters of water..just shy of 10g.
its currently cycling.
I plan to eventually keep these:
4 penguin tetra
6 cardinal tetra
6 tiger barbs
I know I wont be able to keep many, its a small tank..so the above options are individual options, not together at a time.
its got 2 plastic plants.. leafy.. with hiding spots
has a UGF filter..air pump driven
I also installed a sobo 100f power filter (may be an overkill)
it has a heater and thermometer ( kept at about 27 degrees now)
a cfl light above.
I add water after a zeolite iron remover process, the water is moderately hard with a pH 7. I use rid-all anti chlorine also.
a few of my queries is:
1) have a selected the correct fish and in correct numbers?
2) I plan to do 25% water changes per week, will that be enough
3) if i push it a little, can i keep, 1 betta and 6 zebra ( i read from tims tropical, that they are compatible)
4) do I need to run the UGF all the time. ( what about the power filter)
5) is it a good practice to give a m.blue dip to fishes from LFS before adding to main tank..( after acclimatizing) and what is the process and concentration of meth blue to be achieved and for how long)
6) Is it a good idea to add plain salt as a general tonic ( i heard it probably helps to combat nitrite toxicity better)
7) i have rid-all general add, do i add it to main tank.. unlike the meth blue..which although the lfs said to add, but I know it should never be done..but as for general aid, I think the contents will not re-cycle the tank.
8)is the temperature set correct? do I really need a cooler for summer months. (also, with no filter, the circulation is not there, so the water is more warm near the heater than the rest..is it ok?)
rock salt to basically 'bit noon?'
Live plants need more care and experience.. I'm starting out.. So will try those later in a bigger aquarium
I don't have a separate hospital/quarantine tank.. Is there any alternative?
Are UGF s really non functional? People seem to have very mixed opinions.. From what i read around..
SanamMarik wrote:go fr amazon swords and val...polysperma
yes, but they wont survive
Galiff is d only place I know to find them as of now
Link- i have to check
UGF-no, lots of debris get underneath where siphoning wont probably work...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest