Predatory Fishes availability

If you are a beginner, post your questions, concerns here.
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Predatory Fishes availability

Postby kumar » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:24 am

SB Master X wrote:I Changed the topic and now I know the difference between predatory and aggressiveness.

perfect!

SB Master X wrote:Now does anyone have experience with these fishes Pink Tailed Characin, Watermelon fish or Tucan Fish(Chalceus erythrurus), Buck tooth tetra ( Exodon paradoxus) , African pike-characins (the Belonophago genera),red wolf-characin (Erythrinus erythrinus) ,

I really doubt if anyone from India has got these fish, forget experience.

African leaf fish,Nadus, Archers... should be easier to spot, so people can give some inputs there. They might well be needing live food initially I presume.

xarg0n wrote:Try congo tetra...you will have every other fishes with only fin rays =))

thats more of parasitism than predation ;)
i luv fish + u luv fis=we luv wish

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 8:52 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 31 times

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Predatory Fishes availability

Postby xarg0n » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:50 am

kumar wrote:
thats more of parasitism than predation ;)

I meant along with predators to keep them busy shredding some fat :D
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member
 
Posts: 1488
Images: 130
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 am
Location: IN-KOL
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Predatory Fishes availability

Postby el batty » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:37 pm

nandus and archers are seen every once in a while in galiff
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
User avatar
el batty
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 5902
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:19 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Predatory Fishes availability

Postby SB Master X » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:09 am

kumar wrote:
SB Master X wrote:I Changed the topic and now I know the difference between predatory and aggressiveness.

perfect!

SB Master X wrote:Now does anyone have experience with these fishes Pink Tailed Characin, Watermelon fish or Tucan Fish(Chalceus erythrurus), Buck tooth tetra ( Exodon paradoxus) , African pike-characins (the Belonophago genera),red wolf-characin (Erythrinus erythrinus) ,

I really doubt if anyone from India has got these fish, forget experience.

African leaf fish,Nadus, Archers... should be easier to spot, so people can give some inputs there. They might well be needing live food initially I presume.

xarg0n wrote:Try congo tetra...you will have every other fishes with only fin rays =))

thats more of parasitism than predation ;)


xarg0n wrote:Try congo tetra...you will have every other fishes with only fin rays =))


xarg0n wrote:
kumar wrote:
thats more of parasitism than predation ;)

I meant along with predators to keep them busy shredding some fat :D


el batty wrote:nandus and archers are seen every once in a while in galiff



Thanks Kumar da, Shubhadeep da and Sourav da. I've seen archers in gallif but they require a brackish environment and what is a approx price of African leaf fish and Nandus. If also someone can highlight me how to maintain a brackish tank and requirement of these three fishes it will be great help. :) A little off topic :- What is the tank size suitable for a jewel cichlid pair ? Also mention for a single species too (Jewel Cichlid) :).

Thank You
Subu:)
HI I am Sabarna Bhattacharyya ^.^
You can call me Subu :)
SB Master X
New KAC Member
New KAC Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:18 am
Location: ~ Kolkata, Baranagar, Sinthirmore ~
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Predatory Fishes availability

Postby xarg0n » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:20 am

Jewel cichlids can be kept in a 2 feet tank with ease..provided you have plenty of hard scapes as cover. By nature these are fairly unpredictable ...never kept one though, neither has seen someone keeping these for long.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member
 
Posts: 1488
Images: 130
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 am
Location: IN-KOL
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Predatory Fishes availability

Postby SB Master X » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Thank You Sourav Da and wish everyone a very Happy New year :)

Thank You
Subu:)
HI I am Sabarna Bhattacharyya ^.^
You can call me Subu :)
SB Master X
New KAC Member
New KAC Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:18 am
Location: ~ Kolkata, Baranagar, Sinthirmore ~
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Predatory Fishes availability

Postby xarg0n » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:29 pm

Wish you the same !
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member
 
Posts: 1488
Images: 130
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 am
Location: IN-KOL
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Predatory Fishes availability

Postby kumar » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:08 am

They are known to breed faster than guppies, thatsy no one keeps them for long.
So you are coming down from predatory fish to aggressive fish? :)

For me even badis badis and dario Dario are predatory fish, you can try them.
i luv fish + u luv fis=we luv wish

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 8:52 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Predatory Fishes availability

Postby SB Master X » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:43 pm

Sorry for the delay,

I got the pair of jewel cichlids in an 18" aquarium. Is it to small ?? They laid eggs but no fry :(. Any way I will proceed on maintenance of these jewels to gather some experience and then proceed on to some other predatory fish. Thank you to all KACians in this thread for your guidance.

Regards
Subu:)
HI I am Sabarna Bhattacharyya ^.^
You can call me Subu :)
SB Master X
New KAC Member
New KAC Member
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:18 am
Location: ~ Kolkata, Baranagar, Sinthirmore ~
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Previous

Return to Beginners Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron