Visit to Snake Gardens and Aquafishia

Post your visits to pubic aquariums, fish farms and more

Re: Visit to Snake Gardens and Aquafishia

Postby tigermath » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:35 am

The aquafishia had many rbps in multiple tanks, how many are left now? Is there a black pacu in the first tank at left side? The snake garden now becomes lover's paradise, earlier deepak moitro used to visit often, there are some lessons on snakes, some persons used to enter into the snake enclosure, hold the snakes and educate visitors. Everything closed, Govt. should take away the star tortoise. Is there two king cobra or they are gone? I can tell you guys, 10-15years ago, when they first opened this facility it had the potential to be a star attraction of kolkata, they had so many different varieties of reptiles, there was no monkeys during that time. I loved that place, but the last time I went, I just found hundreds of umbrellas everywhere, and literally no real visitors.
Regards,

Avik

**Dried testicles of POACHERS cure cancer**
tigermath
KAC Senior Member
KAC Senior Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby ashim1610 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:39 pm

tigermath wrote:The aquafishia had many rbps in multiple tanks, how many are left now? Is there a black pacu in the first tank at left side? The snake garden now becomes lover's paradise, earlier deepak moitro used to visit often, there are some lessons on snakes, some persons used to enter into the snake enclosure, hold the snakes and educate visitors. Everything closed, Govt. should take away the star tortoise. Is there two king cobra or they are gone? I can tell you guys, 10-15years ago, when they first opened this facility it had the potential to be a star attraction of kolkata, they had so many different varieties of reptiles, there was no monkeys during that time. I loved that place, but the last time I went, I just found hundreds of umbrellas everywhere, and literally no real visitors.

You are absolutely right..............

10 years ago, when I visited that place, it was a huge potentiality.

Actually, on.that time my zoology masters was running & my special paper was herpetology. And for me badu snake park was a heven near my hand. Lots of hour I spent there and learned many things from Dipak daa on that time.

But, recently one month ago, when I went there , I was shocked to see that Badu snake park is just converted into mini Victoria Garden....... :(

The special show, where visitors can touch snakes, lizards.......is now very irregular.
Dipak daa doesn't visit the park regularly. And the staffs are not as dedicated as were on that time.

Python cage is distorted and no sign of maintanance.

Turtles and Tortoises are just surviving as they has to do so.

Due to lack of proper advertise, many ppl still now even don't know bout it.

And too few visiters are visiting every day. Just local love couples are even drunkers!!!!! are going there.

Its shocking......so shocking........ :-s
THERE IS NOTHING AS TRANSPARENT AS WATER. BE TRANSPARENT, AND WORLD COMES TO YOU THE SAME. ALWAYS KEEP SMILING.....

REGARDS..........
ASHIM.
ashim1610
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Sunny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:17 pm

amitava1969 wrote:What are the timings? Do tell.

AFAIK weekdays 10am - 5 pm
see here for more details - http://www.dipakmitra.net/
Last edited by Sunny on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.
<Eminem>

The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.
<Morgan Freeman>
Sunny
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Sunny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:22 pm

tigermath wrote:The aquafishia had many rbps in multiple tanks, how many are left now?

tigermath wrote: Is there a black pacu in the first tank at left side?

yeah, it has grown huge...

tigermath wrote:The snake garden now becomes lover's paradise, earlier deepak moitro used to visit often, there are some lessons on snakes, some persons used to enter into the snake enclosure, hold the snakes and educate visitors.

Dipak Mitra still holds snake handling course with an oppurtunity with handlers license every year around jan-feb

tigermath wrote: Everything closed, Govt. should take away the star tortoise.

there are also Red Eared Sliding turtles kept in bad conditions...

tigermath wrote: Is there two king cobra or they are gone?

no king cobras now left....
3:-O
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.
<Eminem>

<Morgan Freeman>
Sunny
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Sunny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:22 pm

DeepSankarSen wrote:arapaima?? that was a jardini aro

yup, juvenile arapaima
<Eminem>

<Morgan Freeman>
Sunny
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Sunny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Subhayan wrote:liked the post :ymapplause:
But the fishy part didn't look good felt sad for the deplorable condition of the fishes.. may be due to lack of funds the care for fishes is bit not good..

Aquafishia runs on private investment by Tanmoy mondal, I have talked to that person. He is very good and enthusiastic but literally is crying for funds. As per he said, except for the winters, all year round the place has an income(mind it income not profit) of Rs. 40 per 14 days. but still that guy has kept the place open. only becoz he loves the hobby and fishes. I really feel CZA and the govn. should help this place and this man.
<Eminem>

<Morgan Freeman>
Sunny
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby amitava1969 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Sunny wrote:
amitava1969 wrote:What are the timings? Do tell.

AFAIK weekdays 10am - 5 pm
see here for more details - http://www.dipakmitra.net/

Thanks. What about weekends?
amitava1969
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Sunny » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:43 pm

I dnt knw..
:(
Check the site and confirm
<Eminem>

<Morgan Freeman>
Sunny
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Previous

Return to Explorer's Diary