Win & Review MarinePure cubes & block for your tank.

Announcements section
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Win & Review MarinePure cubes & block for your tank.

Postby bullzi » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:15 pm

More number of cubes stacked together will have more anaerobic zones? Then who will buy block for 6k? Is it that simple?
Have anyone tested it?

Also large water changes means how much? We don't have to change water everyday normally. Weekly 30-40% is enough. That's what you guys taught me when I came in this hobby. It takes less than couple of hours. So not getting time or corporation water supply issue should not be the problem. Even if not possible in one week, once in 15 days has been enough for me.

You know persons who don't want to change water as corporation water supply is low?? Why do they keep fish then? Have you asked them?
bullzi
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby bullzi » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:22 pm

In the technical sheet of marine pure I don't see nitrate removal anywhere except the 8 8 4 cubic inches block.
bullzi
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby xarg0n » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:16 am

Yes its that simple...it all.depends how well you know and understand biological filtration and design logics to enhance it. The big block is used in sump high flow zones. Small blocks can be clubbed together to achieve similar effect. Also a lower flow will enable even the smaller cubes to have denitrification.
If you dont have issues changing water its very well, others may have issues and that does not compell them in any form to answer why do they keep fish..

Your setup may demand wc once in two weeks, there are lots of hightech planted and others who need frequent wc. And moreover me or anyone in the forum can be very sure..that no one teaches one to do wcs. Any one looking at an aquarium first time for his life even asks this basic question..how frequent wc s are to be done =))

In your situation you dont even need a single cube. Why are you again generalizing fact ? Lets others decide if they have a need for it.

From Most of your queries it is easy to infer that your first hand experience and knowledge about bio filtration needs studying a lot based on different parameters rather than what a certain manufacturer claims to be true.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby bullzi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:25 am

I have studied bio filtration enough. I also want to verify the claims of the manufacturer. But why only matured system for No3? Why not new systems? You are claiming that nh3 no2 reduction should be same as other media without any data. First do test then comment please.

Regarding water changes in planted plants need No3 for growth. So planted guys should not be more tensed about built in nitrates. Also this is a hobby and persons serious enough will get time for maintenance water change. You always get time for your hobby.

This product is not a cheap one, it's high end so people less serious about this hobby won't get it anyway.

Lastly, stacked together cubes will create same effect as blocks to reduce No3, I will believe it after getting data proof not only after what someone says from his own perception.

This marine pure media has got numerous reviews of being very very efficient media. Blocks have reduced No3 from 100 to 20 ppm in matured tanks. So it is already an established fact.
bullzi
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby xarg0n » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:15 am

bullzi wrote:I have studied bio filtration enough. I also want to verify the claims of the manufacturer. But why only matured system for No3? Why not new systems? You are claiming that nh3 no2 reduction should be same as other media without any data. First do test then comment please.

simple..matured systems have higher NO3 bulidup, so the claims can be better verified. I am not claiming anything..the manufacturer is.
all I said was in the long run its efficiency will increase over normal bio media and then it will reduce nh3/no2 much faster than normal media.
bullzi wrote:Regarding water changes in planted plants need No3 for growth. So planted guys should not be more tensed about built in nitrates. Also this is a hobby and persons serious enough will get time for maintenance water change. You always get time for your hobby.

then you dont need one. I told this before as well.
bullzi wrote:This product is not a cheap one, it's high end so people less serious about this hobby won't get it anyway.

atl east something sensible =))

bullzi wrote:Lastly, stacked together cubes will create same effect as blocks to reduce No3, I will believe it after getting data proof not only after what someone says from his own perception.

its not perception, its basic geometry from 10th standard. It all depends on how the hobbyist interpret the word "stacked" ;)
bullzi wrote:This marine pure media has got numerous reviews of being very very efficient media. Blocks have reduced No3 from 100 to 20 ppm in matured tanks. So it is already an established fact.

sometimes I like to re-invent the wheel because conditions of tests vary :-j
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby bullzi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:22 am

It has been an issue as always, you seem to jump to conclusions pretty fast.

With due respect to your experience, you have not tested/stacked any cubes to create anaerobic zones before, also it seems your 10th standard geometry is pretty far ahead of others. So it still remains as perception. Also, you have not used this media before. So concluding anything seems harsh.

You should post something sensible as well, I preferred a test bed for both new and established tank, so that we can get both scenarios. Your claim, it will reduce NH3 NO2 much faster, what is the logic, data behind it? How would anyone know it is true? You seem to know much more than others without using it? Also, people not getting water changes as corporation water supply low, that's the most ridiculous cause ever. Also, I made that statement because you gave reason that people who don't get time/have corporation water supply low (LOL), can use the block. I want to say that those people anyway are not serious about the hobby and they anyhow won't pay that much for the product anyway.

Conditions of test vary, so you know the conditions where others have tested/reviewed the block and you want to test in some other condition? Can you please let us know in what condition you want to test?

You may know lot about this hobby/bio filter etc but your knowledge about this product is pure theory, like the others.

Summer has arrived, rolling on the floor is good I guess.
bullzi
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby xarg0n » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:13 am

bullzi wrote:It has been an issue as always, you seem to jump to conclusions pretty fast.

anticipation<>conclusion, you are interpreting wrong.
bullzi wrote:With due respect to your experience, you have not tested/stacked any cubes to create anaerobic zones before, also it seems your 10th standard geometry is pretty far ahead of others. So it still remains as perception. Also, you have not used this media before. So concluding anything seems harsh.

yes you are right..experience :D , 10th standard geometry is all it takes to create thick enough media with small cubes to create anaerobic zones. I dont know your number :D . anticipation<>conclusion( I am writing it once more,
seems you tend to forget what you have already read.)
bullzi wrote:You should post something sensible as well, I preferred a test bed for both new and established tank, so that we can get both scenarios. Your claim, it will reduce NH3 NO2 much faster, what is the logic, data behind it? How would anyone know it is true? You seem to know much more than others without using it? Also, people not getting water changes as corporation water supply low, that's the most ridiculous cause ever. Also, I made that statement because you gave reason that people who don't get time/have corporation water supply low (LOL), can use the block. I want to say that those people anyway are not serious about the hobby and they anyhow won't pay that much for the product anyway.

Go ahead test it..who is stopping you. you are setting up a brand new tank..this shall help clear your confusions.
anticipation<>claim, experience :D.
They all need to test to find the truth like myself ;)
People staying outskirts or their own houses will not face water issue much but others staying within city/in a apartment colony cannot do water changes whenever they want to. People having plenty of water will not understand this...
its nothing about how serious is the hobbyist.
bullzi wrote:Conditions of test vary, so you know the conditions where others have tested/reviewed the block and you want to test in some other condition? Can you please let us know in what condition you want to test?
You may know lot about this hobby/bio filter etc but your knowledge about this product is pure theory, like the others.

If I knew the conditions would have I vouched for testing ? would have directly bought it, I dont know which conditions it was tested to but I will test as per my conditions and will document it so that
others can be benefited with similar conditions...simple. have you ever heard of practical tests falling outside theory ?
bullzi wrote:Summer has arrived, rolling on the floor is good I guess.

thanks for the suggestion..I would like to give you one. seems you have plenty of water to spare. sprinkle some on the floor before you roll.
the cooling effect will be eternal =))
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby bullzi » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:59 am

I did not suggest you to roll. You yourself do it quite often in the forum. Thanks for your suggestion but I hate rolling on the floor.

Your anticipation is confined to yourself, don't anticipate in a conclusive manner. Others will be misguided. I don't know what problem you have testing it in both fresh and salt water both new and old set up. You tried to convince in multiple posts that only matured tank is worth testing. It is your anticipation and may not be the truth. So please don't try to anticipate in a conclusive manner.

Regarding stacking and creating anaerobic zones, it's again your anticipation not tested truth. It is not mentioned anywhere in the technical specs which you suggested me to read.

I am indeed setting up a new tank but I never call myself a so called expert with good anticipation. Hence, I never vouched for testing. You did it. I have very bad luck fregarding freebie anyway. I have nothing against your mature tank testing. But still it's a mystery why you don't want someone to test for new set up. Also, how you said this media will reduce nh3 no2 faster is still not answered. All your anticipation which might be correct, might not be as well.
bullzi
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby xarg0n » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:45 pm

bullzi wrote:Your anticipation is confined to yourself, don't anticipate in a conclusive manner. Others will be misguided. I don't know what problem you have testing it in both fresh and salt water both new and old set up. You tried to convince in multiple posts that only matured tank is worth testing. It is your anticipation and may not be the truth. So please don't try to anticipate in a conclusive manner.

if it was confined to myself, why do you think I have been posting here ? :ymsmug:
people are responsible for misguiding themselves, if some one misinterprets something, thats absolutely that persons ownership.
I said matured tanks specifically for NO3.(thanks to your forgetfulness yet again !), and anticipation interpreted as conclusion is not my fault either.
bullzi wrote:Regarding stacking and creating anaerobic zones, it's again your anticipation not tested truth. It is not mentioned anywhere in the technical specs which you suggested me to read.

tech sheets talk about the product architecture, and how a certain product can be used optimally comes from experience and common sense. If someone does not understand the theory behind using more
units of media to create anaerobic zones, then I must suggest you to start from beginners corner please. and I can bet you have not heard of DSB either. a DSB or deep sand bed is thick sand bed ideally over 4" depth
to create anaerobic zones..and the media is one and single sand ;) more of any media stacked together creates anaerobic zones bro..I know you never needed one. thats fine , just get over it ;)
bullzi wrote:I am indeed setting up a new tank but I never call myself a so called expert with good anticipation. Hence, I never vouched for testing. You did it. I have very bad luck fregarding freebie anyway. I have nothing against your mature tank testing. But still it's a mystery why you don't want someone to test for new set up. Also, how you said this media will reduce nh3 no2 faster is still not answered. All your anticipation which might be correct, might not be as well.

No one has ever said here about expertise..I vouched because I am serious about my hobby, its always interesting to study something new.
I wish if I could help you with your luck..but thats something an astrologist can do 8-}
I dont know when did I ever said new tank owners cannot use it. Rather cermedia has specifically built the 1.5" balls for that purpose, to be able to put in canister filters #:-s
I said previously, saying again, nh3/no2 will be reduced faster every day as more time passes by :ympray:

honest intention of educating someone never visited beginners corner diverting the actual purpose of this thread !! :-s
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Re: Win & Review MainrePure cubes & block for your tank.

Postby xarg0n » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:10 pm

peeyooshk wrote:
xarg0n wrote:Hello Peeyoosh..I want to test it for my reef on NO3 anerobic filtration..do you want the details of my tanks/other prerequisites posted in this thread or mailed separately to you ?

Hello Saurov:

Please post the below in the thread itself:

1. Specify which category you are applying for. In your case this is category 3.

2. Full tank shot with which you would be using the product. (Please do provide Age of the setup)

3. Snapshot of the test kit with tank parameters of the tank while applying.

4. Tank details in terms of size(LXBXH).

5. Tank mates with count and approx. size(Required for all 3 categories).

6. Filter & Media being used.

1> Category 3

2>Already given

3> Snapshot updated, NO3 currently 20ppm
[IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160313/33409eb28299007bdc7cb621a31614de.jpg[/IMG]

4>L(180cm)xB(45cm)xH(45cm)

5> a>Ecsenius bicolor(4") x 1
b>Zebrasoma Flavens(3.5") x 1
c>Premnas biaculeatus(3.5") x 1
d>Paracanthurus hepatus(2.5") x1
e>Chromis viridis (2") x 1
f> Amphiprion ocellaris (2") x 1
g>Alpheidae sp. (2") x1

6> ATS, bioball, sponge, Seachem Seagel
Last edited by xarg0n on Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements