Clownfish Tank

Diary of the Salty life

Clownfish Tank

Postby Kalyan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi Guys , started my 2nd Salty Tank 3 Months back. Its a Clownfish tank which was housing a pair of False Percula. Unfortunately lost one for unknown reasons, so shifted the single fish to my 70 gallon. Will be adding a pair again. This time maybe a Tomato or True Percula.

.:: Specs ::.

Tank: 24x18x15 ( 5inches width taken for sump )
Sump: Backside 3 chambers with overflow divided by glass and black acrylic sheet. Return Pump 1300 LPH
Media: Eheim Substrate pro and MarinePure Cube
Decor: Dead Rocks/Corals and Aragonite sand
Wavemaker: Fluval CP3
Light: Zetlight ZN1702
Fishes: Currently None

image hosting gif

image hosting gif
ImageImage
Kalyan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Clownfish Tank

Postby Aayaan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:42 pm

Hey Kalyan that nice
Is this going to remain a fowlr setup ?
How many fishes are you going to be keeping in there ?
I think a pair of true percula will be better since their orange is very intense. As far as tomato clowns are concerned they surely will overgrow the tank's carpet area since they can grow larger than 4" (5" in the ocean). And on top of that, a pair is going to hurt our feelings more so because of their inability to weep & yell out about their tight space.
Anything more than two perculas then it should be nothing else but one goby or a cleaner wrasse.

And, you said its your second. So, does your 1st setup still survives ?
If no (no offense pls), then that tank could be turned into a gorgeous sump to this little setup. Both made to age followed by the introduction of critters to feed a pair of red mandarins. Down the line, zoas or atleast mushrooms could be added. But, since they are so secretive in nature, clowns would be more entertaining.

Or, I could if you would, make it into a house for a dwarf lion. It's really a sight to behold given that, you feed your lion daily live meals and then coax it into some nice dry stuff meant fot carnivores only keeping the live stuff as treats.

ETC.

And, if your previous one still survives, please, do let us have a few glimpses of it.

:-bd
Aayaan
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Aayaan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Hi,
And, one more​ thing occurred to me while starring at the pictures of your​ tank which is, placing that wave maker behind the rock pile directing the flow towards the panel on the viewer's right.
The return could then be fitted to point to the front panel. This way the propeller's wrath won't fall on that tiny Boomie so hard. Re placing in the above fashion would create flow to be brushing all over the rocks with with randomness.
Just my opinion :-@
:-j
Aayaan
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Kalyan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Hey Aayaan , thanks for your suggestions. Yes i plan to keep only a pair of clown , was looking for True Percula but couldn't get'em. Yes you are right that the Tomato's will outgrow this tank so will opt out . Planned to keep a yellow prawn goby with'em.

Yes the 70 gal is still there and i have no plans in making them both Reef. They will stay as Fish Only. The 70 gal is equipped with with a 49 gal sump ( which was my previous planted tank actually ) Zetlight 6600/Hailea Chiller 500A/ Reef Octopus 110 Skimmer. No plans in keeping mandarins also. Currently happy with my livestocks.

VIDEO OF 70 GALLON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45STjnt_R1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17OtHVkfvfA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKJVFABiTtY
Last edited by Kalyan on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Kalyan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Kalyan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:44 pm

Aayaan wrote:Hi,
And, one more​ thing occurred to me while starring at the pictures of your​ tank which is, placing that wave maker behind the rock pile directing the flow towards the panel on the viewer's right.
The return could then be fitted to point to the front panel. This way the propeller's wrath won't fall on that tiny Boomie so hard. Re placing in the above fashion would create flow to be brushing all over the rocks with with randomness.
Just my opinion :-@
:-j

Good suggestion . Thanks :)
ImageImage
Kalyan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Aayaan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:19 am

You are so welcome :-bd
Do keep posting your progress with it.
Aayaan
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Aayaan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:31 am

Kalyan wrote:Hey Aayaan , thanks for your suggestions. Yes i plan to keep only a pair of clown , was looking for True Percula but couldn't get'em. Yes you are right that the Tomato's will outgrow this tank so will opt out . Planned to keep a yellow prawn goby with'em.

Yes the 70 gal is still there and i have no plans in making them both Reef. They will stay as Fish Only. The 70 gal is equipped with with a 49 gal sump ( which was my previous planted tank actually ) Zetlight 6600/Hailea Chiller 500A/ Reef Octopus 110 Skimmer. No plans in keeping mandarins also. Currently happy with my livestocks.

VIDEO OF 70 GALLON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45STjnt_R1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17OtHVkfvfA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKJVFABiTtY

:-bd thats very nice. Fish group is good. Did you not find any disease issue with the Pacificblue tang ?

And, your planted ones are very beautiful too. Never kept ferns though. But, my Richia is lying in a couple of concrete tubs in the sun, all neglected. I ought to have done more justice to them. Feel guilty. Anyways, yours look very healthy and happy. Good job.
Good day.
Aayaan
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Kalyan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:41 am

Yes , The Blue Tang was having few white spots . I QT the fish and fed him well. 1 week later all gone.
ImageImage
Kalyan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Aayaan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:39 am

:) pls keep us updated with your newer salt tank.
Aayaan
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby bappa » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:42 am

Nicc tank ..:)
Thanks
BAPPA....

Math. The only place where people buy 60 watermelons and no one wonders why....:)
bappa
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Next

Return to Marine Journals