150 Gallon of complexities!

Diary of the Salty life

Re: 150 Gallon of complexities!

Postby mithun » Tue May 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Well the laser cut acrylic sheets are ready.. cant wait to start assembling. Gonna be one hell of a party. :DImage
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby Aayaan » Wed May 31, 2017 2:39 am

mithun wrote:I am a design freak. more flexibility the material can add to my design more orgasmic satisfaction i get. The features i have added to this design can never be added to a glass sump. For example, the close-by tiny holes in multiple numbers, the oval and rounded edges, eurobraces, the stylish and useful probe holders, different channels for pipes etc becomes extremely difficult. Each hole poses a threat for breakage of glass. if your design has 15 holes in the same sheet, good luck with glass.
Secondly the kind of finesse i can get with laser cut die cast acrylic after flame polish, glass wont even come close

Very wise. :ymapplause:
Aayaan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Aayaan » Wed May 31, 2017 3:03 am

And...
what are your plans for the inhabitants of the tank? What species have you selected? How about the design... more negative space ? Like, if I divided your​ tank into 5 equal blocks, would you prefer 3:2 (-:+) space distribution, or the reverse. Lack of enough negative space IMO makes a tank look more like a refugee camp for the corals. It is like how we love to have enough open space around our house. Though a luxury but, with aquariums it means a lot of savings both for us as well as the aquarium. Are you going to go heavy or stay light, choosing only a few related species, to create something we all can look up at and think, it is nothing short of a master piece :x wow !
Aayaan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Wed May 31, 2017 3:54 am

Havent decided about scaping or species yet.. once i get the rocks I will see what can be done with those.. Species also depends a lot on availability in marine.. so lets see, I am open to suggestions and options! But to be blunt, it would be a sps jungle ..
Mithun
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Aayaan » Wed May 31, 2017 4:59 am

:-ss JUNGLE !
So, a jungle is an ugly term. Would you rather prefer to call it an SPS Forest ? A forest of sps ... hmm :ymdaydream: ... sounds very lush and appealing.
Here's an inspirational link https://reefbuilders.com/2014/12/03/mar ... uts-shame/
I guess you've seen it.
But, for that mouth watering moment we'll have to wait. For the time being, lets get tagged.
Aayaan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Wed May 31, 2017 6:19 am

Jungle isn't an ugly term.. its the most natural form of nature.. I am not a fan of manicured look. specially SPS corals are such they will grow and take shapes that your scape can never control much. Its not like a planted tank where you can trim it and keep the shape... so the rock structure i am planning should give them ample scope to grow, should have enough different platforms to house low, medium and high light requiring corals and yet not look like just a pile of rocks ..
Mithun

mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Aayaan » Wed May 31, 2017 7:02 am

Ha ha ha.
Fine... call what you like.
Bye the way, you were supposed to have started with​ your sump today. How far with it by now?
Aayaan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Wed May 31, 2017 8:11 am

in office brother.. all those are midnight adventures :D

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk
Mithun

mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Aayaan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:01 am

mithun wrote:in office brother.. all those are midnight adventures :D

:-ss x_x OMG.
Midnight ventures make legs go wobbly. You bro remind me of Frankenstein & his midnight horrors, bringing the dead (acrylic sheets & stuff) to life. But somehow, we are so anxious about your dreadful( :x ) creation, we can't wait too long. :-ss

Jokes apart, keep focused. Take your time cz we don't want​you to​ have to go back for repairs. :-B Bring the genius out. Good day.
Aayaan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:00 am

you dont say! 3 hours of rigourous sanding surfaces for a perfect weld.. 8/26 pieces done.. the grinding continues night after night ;) ImageImage

Mithun

mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Marine Journals