finally a nano(pg 2 help please)

Diary of the Salty life

Re: finally a nano(pg 2 help please)

Postby el batty » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:49 pm

buy 'api test kit' and 2.5 watt for 30 leds? there must be some misunderstanding.

nh3, ph and no2, no3 are the basic requirements.
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby bunty123 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Dada i had kept the saltwater in the previous tank for about 3 weeks with a dead molly in it..then when the molly completely got dissolved i had seen algae bloom on the substrate.....then introduced the damsel...would you still say its not cycled?and yes i agree that i should have introduce such a huge bioload at a go.....sorry for that.....
Regards from Abhirup Bandopadhyay
3.3 gallon planted>ada amazonia>eheim 2211>pressurised co2
50 litre marine tank
bunty123
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:22 pm

dude, you understood nothing about cycling...

Cycling does not mean cycling the "water".. u cycle the tank with rocks, substrate, filter etc running.. the point is not to kill the fish and get its body broken into nitrate and phosphates... its just to produce a little ammonia and nitrates so that bio bacterias can kick in.. In a healthy tank molly wont die.. it would have been the first indication that your tank isn't alright!

Run your tank fishless for a month now and dont even think about introducing anything before that.. and buy test kits.. its absolutely essential for saltwater tanks.. If you cant afford it, dont make a saltwater tank.. No point playing with the lives of innocent animals
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bunty123 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Thanks for the advice dada....will try to get the testkit as soon as possible.but now if i have to remove the fishes and start again...!!will be problem keeping them else where....ok will try my best.but my tank parameters are ok??will buy testkit and let you all know no2, no3 and all......
@mithun da i didnt put in a live molly and kill it.please dont think am that cruel.i kept a dead molly only.read it in the net only.
50 litre marine tank
bunty123
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:06 pm

You have to consider things before taking advise from net directly. People who want to quickly and roughly cycle their tank do such stuffs. But their tank size isnt 25l. Yours is. Think how much ammonia it produces by a dead molly in 25l tank. Dont just do it as u read on internet. Think logically first.

Furthermore nano is much advanced aquatics than making big tanks. Just because tank is small things arent easy. I wouldnt advise anybody to make a tank that small and that too saltwater.
Mithun
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ashim1610 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:41 am

Now you need second thought bunti...........
What I and batty daa told you, master mariner Mithundaa's word is the echo of the same.
Nano is easy for a gold fish or a betta. But for marin......never.

You may buy best test kit, best 2part dosing, best flake food.
But then?

How you maintain your tank water parameters with less knowledge and experience? And when you'll gather it, you will see that you have already killed many fishes, anaemon, corals. Don't do that buddy.

If you take my advice, then start again from zero. Try to arrange a minimum 3' or 3.5' tank. Arrange sump, proper filtration, live rock or dead rock, aragonite sand and start with systematic thinking and patience.

If you have to save money for that, then waite for few month and again start it.

And Mithun daa is absolutely right. Always don't depend on net. Use your own knowledge too.

Bro, a 300lit tank needs a small piece of dead shrimp to kick the NH3 cycle. And mind it, the shrimp must be withdrown after three days. Within 3days, ammonia produced by the dead shrimp is enough for cycle.
And you droped a dead molly in your palmfull water, and gave it such time as it could melt down entirely???!!!!

O.K. bro. Forget what you have done. Now, think again what you have to do.
Again start draining out money or do something constructive.

Good luck bro..............
THERE IS NOTHING AS TRANSPARENT AS WATER. BE TRANSPARENT, AND WORLD COMES TO YOU THE SAME. ALWAYS KEEP SMILING.....

REGARDS..........
ASHIM.
ashim1610
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby bunty123 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:13 am

I realise what a blunder i have made..sory for doing this.will try to resolve it as soon as possible.actually got inspired by this and wanted to have mine too http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/show ... p?t=249375 guess i have to forget it.thanks kacians for the help and advice you all have given me.
50 litre marine tank
bunty123
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:23 am

you wont have to forget it, but u need to learn... nano is much harder... get test kits and check where your tank stands.. if its parameters are ok then fine..
Mithun

mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bunty123 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:09 pm

You seem to know my plans mithun da....thats what i exactly wanted to do before breaking it out.will be getting my own kit within 2 days and check the water parameters.will post my results soon.
50 litre marine tank
bunty123
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Previous

Return to Marine Journals