Learning the hardway guys :plz help out with set up design

Diary of the Salty life

Re: Learning the hardway guys :plz help out with set up desi

Postby mithun » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:41 am

Rudra wrote:Thanks Mithun.
Now to have a overflow design , I need a extra chamber with main tank or a side panel hole will do "(As I see yours).
Sorry boss, I have not seen many Marine tanks in reality.So my Qs might be flat foolish !

The sump pump has the power of 2000L/H out put. Can I control it with a valve in piping.
Local shop can get me 12mm hole only. Will that do for piping / Bulkheads?? :)]

Where can I find Bulkheads fits?

Over flow and drain hole in main tank are two methods to be chosen from based on the criteria of how you want your tank to look and sound..
Overflow boxes are safer but they make awefully more noise. Plus they consume minimum 4"x4"xH corner space within the tank or side/back.. To make the overflow box outside the tank, you will again need something to cut/drill the tank.. internal overflow needs the tank to be drilled in the bottom/lower back too.. Only way u will not need to cut/drill your tank is to use U pipe siphon overflow and trust me you dont want the pain of the thing.. I am sure there are shops who sell door/window glass in Uluberia.. just go to the shop and ask about drilling hole.. I dont think there is a single city in India which doesnt have a place who drill holes in glass.. just do a bit searching..

the hole should be 1.5"-2" for a 4 feeter tank.. use ball valve to control the drian.. You can find all these in wellington in kolkata or u might want to ask the plumbing/hardware shops in your locality for the same.. I suggest the brand "Astral"
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby krishnendu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:10 am

@ Rudra

Welcome to KAC
krishnendu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Rudra » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:18 am

Subhadeep, sadly the width is 1' only. Actually the table is such. Boss. Chiller to costcostly enough to run riot. Any galiff option? Becaise for the narrow width I have to be real witty while designing the rockybase. Actually I am in love with polyps and rock anemones dada
Rudra
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby krishnendu » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:53 am

Rudra wrote:Subhadeep, sadly the width is 1' only. Actually the table is such. Boss. Chiller to costcostly enough to run riot. Any galiff option? Becaise for the narrow width I have to be real witty while designing the rockybase. Actually I am in love with polyps and rock anemones dada

You can try carpet anemone without chiller.. but do not go for corals except for mushroom
krishnendu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby el batty » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:10 am

as kesth da said, you can go for a CA again, but make sure that there is enough water flow in the tank. As if there is insufficient flow, it will go to a place where the flow is high. This is how lots of tentacles anemone lose their life.

If you can't get chiller, no probs...most of us can't afford it, but later on you'll definitely opt for it. :D :D
Fans can be of some use but make sure that the hood you are going to have for this tank will have space and the higher the better for evaporation during summer when we use fans instead of chiller.

Go for Live rocks..you'll get many weird and interesting things from it..and before going for shopping, do make a list and plan this thoroughly.
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Postby soumadip » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:28 am

wher do u go shopping for marine??jadavpur??
whats the usual price 4 a chiller??
My dragon breeding project
ImageImage
soumadip
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby Rudra » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:55 am

wud you suggest me a chiller? like that modest weipro skimmer ?

@Mithun

Actually Mithun , there are glass drillers but the drilling bit provides a hole of 1/2 inch only. well, I f I use that powerhead of top filter to pump out water, I think it will do. Dont You? in addition, one extra nosel brings in water movement.. ;;)

yes, with drilled holes & bulkheads, woud look stunning...
I guss, this one wud LooK BULKY' without bulks :D
Rudra
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Rudra » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:18 am

For Sump...

http://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgurl=h ... oBQ&itbs=1

If I add one for chamber (for acclimation) , it is req?

and, where shud I hit for LR?
Rudra
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby el batty » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:07 pm

if you add a chiller, your whole world of options as well as budget would change drastically.

Without chiller you can add zoas/mushrooms for sure and daisy with fan with caution..with chiller pretty much everything you can afford. For acclimation a chamber is not required, but a mug/container which can hold approx 3-5 gallon water at best.
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Previous

Return to Marine Journals