Finally have my sulawesi dream - babies.

Re: Finally have my sulawesi dream- babies

Postby Abhisek » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:40 am

xarg0n wrote:This summer for sure :)


Why Summer?
User avatar
Abhisek
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 666
Images: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 25 times

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Finally have my sulawesi dream - babies.

Postby xarg0n » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:49 pm

Its too cold now for them in kol
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member
 
Posts: 1488
Images: 130
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 am
Location: IN-KOL
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Finally have my sulawesi dream - babies.

Postby rahul » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:00 am

this is very good news and the bigger news could be that if one shrimplet is present theres sure shot chances of others too.I think salty shrimp has a lot to do ;)

And theres nothing in the freshwater shrimp hobby that can beat the beauty of sulawesi.And as usual its that tough and it has to be tough .And keeping this guy is a dream for shrimpers.

But one question abhida,i have heard (or most specifically read) that these need temperature of about 30.I can tell that its easy to maintain that in bangalore just with a thermostat alone.but what about kolkata?? here tank temperature may jump upto 35(not using fans where too much evaporation may cause tds swings) and i think using chillers and thermostat in the same tank may be an element of laughter. :))
Tekoda said some weeks ago that these can tolerate temperature at 35ish considering it requires 30 to be specific and narrow range of water parameters.Is it true?? then kolkatans can too dream of keeping these.
any other way?
User avatar
rahul
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3872
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 9:03 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: Finally have my sulawesi dream - babies.

Postby xarg0n » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:25 am

I said greater than 28 with high kH and gH
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member
 
Posts: 1488
Images: 130
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 am
Location: IN-KOL
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Finally have my sulawesi dream - babies.

Postby Abhisek » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:27 am

rahul wrote:this is very good news and the bigger news could be that if one shrimplet is present theres sure shot chances of others too.I think salty shrimp has a lot to do ;)

And theres nothing in the freshwater shrimp hobby that can beat the beauty of sulawesi.And as usual its that tough and it has to be tough .And keeping this guy is a dream for shrimpers.

But one question abhida,i have heard (or most specifically read) that these need temperature of about 30.I can tell that its easy to maintain that in bangalore just with a thermostat alone.but what about kolkata?? here tank temperature may jump upto 35(not using fans where too much evaporation may cause tds swings) and i think using chillers and thermostat in the same tank may be an element of laughter. :))
Tekoda said some weeks ago that these can tolerate temperature at 35ish considering it requires 30 to be specific and narrow range of water parameters.Is it true?? then kolkatans can too dream of keeping these.
any other way?


No Rahul this is not accurate, the ideal temperature range for them will be 25c-28c.
Below 24-23 they will start dying, and above 30 also they will start dying.

This is not accurate at all that they can tolerate temperature till 35ish. Above 30 all goes to god.
About parameters
TDS - 120-180
GH-6
Ph - I dont measure.
Temperature - 25-28c.

One more thing with sulawesi shrimps is that they cant store mineral under their skin so whenever they want to molt or try to molt your water column should have enough trace elements for them to replenish.
User avatar
Abhisek
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 666
Images: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Finally have my sulawesi dream - babies.

Postby Abhisek » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:28 am

xarg0n wrote:I said greater than 28 with high kH and gH


GH- Ideally not above than 6.
Temperature 28-29 is a warning sign. Above 30 start praying to god.
User avatar
Abhisek
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC
 
Posts: 666
Images: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Finally have my sulawesi dream - babies.

Postby xarg0n » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:21 am

Well I saw in few forums claiming that the shrimps did really well between 28 to 30. Now that you have them, we can learn better, but 35 ofcourse is too much.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member
 
Posts: 1488
Images: 130
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 am
Location: IN-KOL
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Finally have my sulawesi dream - babies.

Postby rahul » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:17 pm

Abhisek wrote:
rahul wrote:this is very good news and the bigger news could be that if one shrimplet is present theres sure shot chances of others too.I think salty shrimp has a lot to do ;)

And theres nothing in the freshwater shrimp hobby that can beat the beauty of sulawesi.And as usual its that tough and it has to be tough .And keeping this guy is a dream for shrimpers.

But one question abhida,i have heard (or most specifically read) that these need temperature of about 30.I can tell that its easy to maintain that in bangalore just with a thermostat alone.but what about kolkata?? here tank temperature may jump upto 35(not using fans where too much evaporation may cause tds swings) and i think using chillers and thermostat in the same tank may be an element of laughter. :))
Tekoda said some weeks ago that these can tolerate temperature at 35ish considering it requires 30 to be specific and narrow range of water parameters.Is it true?? then kolkatans can too dream of keeping these.
any other way?


No Rahul this is not accurate, the ideal temperature range for them will be 25c-28c.
Below 24-23 they will start dying, and above 30 also they will start dying.

This is not accurate at all that they can tolerate temperature till 35ish. Above 30 all goes to god.
About parameters
TDS - 120-180
GH-6
Ph - I dont measure.
Temperature - 25-28c.

One more thing with sulawesi shrimps is that they cant store mineral under their skin so whenever they want to molt or try to molt your water column should have enough trace elements for them to replenish.



thank you thats a relief :D . Its very much possible in kolkata then.
User avatar
rahul
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3872
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 9:03 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 86 times

Previous

Return to Shrimps and Inverts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest