Introduce Yourself

Give a small introduction of yourself and your hobby so we can know you better
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby indracalcutta93 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi Friends,
I am indra from Kolkata South. I love Nature. It could be an ant, or Bird or a cat or plants or even a little stone, which make me spellbound. I love all of them. But I am a bit of cat people I may confide. That's why now days another new rescued kitten brushes herself on my legs and do purr. Though I love cat very much but I am also in the hobby of kipping freshwater aquarium fish since my childhood. Last seven years onwards its getting on me stronger then ever. My dream is building up a saltwater aquarium with fish along with live rocks , My wildest dream ? having a huge reef aquarium. Furthermore I love to do DIY.

That's a little bit from me. Because my English sucks
Thank you administer to let me joining in into your forum. Thank you all
indracalcutta93
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby aqualover » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:39 pm

Hello friends,
I am Prashant Digpati from Burdwan West Bengal.Professionally a homoeopathic physician.
Everyone knows the addictiveness of this hobby but also aware of the kich kich jhik jhik matter of a married man,this only has restricted me on having multiple tanks.Even though I have 2 two feeter with one having 2 orandas and other one 3 angel fish.Now a 3 feeter is coming soon for peacock cichlids.
It is really nice to be a part of this wonderful forum which started its journey with orkut and gradually increasing with lot of learned people.
thanks. :)
aqualover
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby soumik » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi guys, this is Soumik Rana from Kolkata working as a software engineer :-bd .
I am feeling very exited to come here and introducing myself with all of you guys :ymhug: .
Dont know how, from when I am loving with aquarium fishes. In my childhood I love to see the aquarium and standing there hour and hour. Also I have aquarium since 5-6 Years. Now I am thinking about planted tank.
Thanks,
Soumik Rana :-c
soumik
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby jaikishanpatel » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:54 pm

Hello Guys,

I am an Electronics & Telecommunication Engineer from Mumbai. Recently, shifted to Vadodara, Gujarat. I am into this addictive hobby since I was in 4th STD I guess. One of my Family Friends gifted me, a softshell turtle with a Tank. Slowly, I started buying fishes. The fishes I bought first were albino sharks and Goldfish. I think these will be the beginners fish for most of us. Then this hobby grew on Day by Day. Purchasing and setting up new tanks. If Mom does not allow new tank....then using Jars to accomodate them. I am crazy after tropical fishes. In other words, I cannot leave an aquarium shop without buying atleast a pair of fish.

I am more into planted aquariums and community tanks. I enjoy studying fish behaviours, breeding them and rearing up fry.

My dream is to setup ponds for turtles and community fishes.

That's it. Hoping to know you all in forum!!

Have a Good Day!!
jaikishanpatel
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Anjan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:34 am

Hi Guys!

First of all a big thank you for accepting me in this wonderful forum.

I have been following the posts for the past few weeks and have been dying to join in with my queries.

A little introduction about myself, I am Anjan, 38 years old, an Odia from Bhubaneswar, Odisha. I am an MBA and presently working as the General Manager of an Export firm.

I have always been very interested in aquarium fishes but somehow I am a late starter to this very enriching hobby. Having started just about 6 months back. I always felt that it would be an expensive hobby and I would not be able to afford it. Now that I can, I realize that it’s not as expensive as I had anticipated.

As on date I have a 26 gallon tank that houses Lily Gourami, Black Skirt Tetra, Penguin Tetra, Mickey Mouse Platy, Pink Zebra Danio and a Pleco. I intend to upgrade this to a 40 gallon tank.

Further, I am interested to start a 4 feet (80 gallon) tank for Lake Malawi Cichlids. This will take me about 2 - 3 months to complete and I am going to need lots of suggestions and inputs from all.

I look forward to interacting and getting to know you guys.

Cheers
Anjan
Anjan
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby karjy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:06 am

Hi Firends,

I am Jyoti Kar. I am from Bhubaneswar ODISHA. I work as a software consultant with a IT company. I have been keeping fishes since 4-5 yrs. But now recently I have set up a new planted tank. I don't have much technical knowledge, still with my best friends(Google) help I setup the new tank without much difficulty. I was looking for some forum for knowledge sharing or discussion on fish keeping hobby and found KAC to be one of the oldest one, so thought I might get some help from so many experienced hobbyist here and I joined :) . Looking forward to create some new friends and start a new journey with KAC :)

Thanks
- Jyoti
karjy

Postby somasroy.chakraborty » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:15 am

Hello everyone,

Thanks for making me a part of this exciting group.

My name is Somasroy. I was born in Kolkata, stayed in Bangalore, shifted to Mumbai and now live in Kolkata. I was a journalist, I'm not anymore, but they are still cool with me. I am now a corporate communicator, helping C-level executives communicate their messages clearly, concisely and accurately. I love travel and photography. That's basically me at 33.

My fish keeping skills are at a beginner level. Bought my first tank from #SplashingMeadows a couple of days ago. I'm hoping to learn the art of fish keeping (Google is not always helpful) from fellow members. I'm looking forward to have a great association.

Cheers
Somasroy Chakraborty
somasroy.chakraborty
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby sam » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi,

This is Sreeman,By proffession i am a advertising photographer.
I was searching about planted setups in google while i got this forum.
I don't know from when I am in this hobby may be i was 8 to 10 yrs old at that time.
In childhood,I use to catch guppys from drains then tried to keep couple of guppys in bottles or horlicks jars.
Suddenly my mom find my room became a laboratory.Every corner was filled with a acid bottle poured with water & a fighter(Betta).
Then she asked me "Baritak Vagar na banalei noy".Then i managed a 2 feet aquarium by disturbing dad everyday.
Then went through all community fish tanks like every one else with gold fish, mollys,angel,goramis,Tiger bar etc & the
Journey Continues...

sam
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby suku_patel_22 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:42 am

This is Sukumar from Mumbai, beginner in fish keeping.

I am working as a software professional here.
suku_patel_22
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Subha92 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:46 pm

Hi guys, This is Subhadeep Ghosh. I'm from Midnapore;West Bengal. I'm Lecturer of Botany as well as a Researcher and doing some research in the field of Antimicrobial and Anti-oxidant activities of some Microbes. As because I'm a person from biological science(Botany & Microbiology), I get interested in the field of Fishkeeping from my college days.
I've a small Betta tank, A small Gold fish tank and a big enough tank for my Parrot fishes. I'm just fond of this hobby and used to spend all of my vacant time for my fishes. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my Che1-L04 using Tapatalk
Subha92
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Introduction