Introduce Yourself

Give a small introduction of yourself and your hobby so we can know you better
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby raghunath » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi friends,

I am Raghu from chennai, I am in to advertising photography. My journey in aquariums starts way back from my childhood. Me and my brother used to have lots of fishes at home at one point we were selling the excess fishes, so we use to make our own cement tanks. later on slowly moved away from the aquariums. Now I am slowly getting back in to it. About 5 years back I brought a boyu fish tank and thought of starting a planted tank. That time I dont know anything about a planted tank so the fish store guy said he'll come and set it up. He put some substrate and some plants and went he didn't gave me any instructions on how to maintain and it was a total disaster. Even now I dont know much about planted tank I am reading a lot trying to learn and understand things. While browsing through the web I found this great forum. Hope to learn from you guys. Learning is a never ending process.
Currently I have tiger barbs, Denisonii, Guppy and some molies in my boyu tank. I am planning to start a planted tank for that I need your advice and help in setting up.
raghunath
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby dbanerjeeiob » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:27 am

Hi everyone, :)

I am Debasish @};- , from ballygunge. I am banker by profession.

I have been growing my fish keeping hobby since last 2 years. Recently i have bought 3 bowls and placed some fishes there and they seem to be doing quite good there. :-bd

I did a bit of homework on the internet before purchasing them and i think i will be able to keep them okay, this is my first time L-) so kind of excited and nervous too.

Introducing my setup :

Fish bowl 1 : Size 2.5 gallons
Fish : 1 Betta (Veil Tail royal blue color)
Bowl Accessories : Colorful pebbles and a mid size housing for hiding
Water type : I use normal drinking water from the filter (same which i drink)
Ph level : I keep Almond leaves in water for conditioning and i hearedk its keeps betta healthy
Water change : I do whenever i wish, no routine is established.

Fish bowl 2: : size 2.5 gallons
Fishes : 2 red cap gold fish, 2 black moor, 1 snail, 1 white catfish, 2 red platy
Bowl Accessories : Few white stones and pebbles, 1 plastic plant (small), 1 silent sponge filter
Water type : normal tap water
Ph level : The tap water in my house is 7.5-8 . I think its ok for all fishes mentioned in this bowl.
Water Change : Almost every alternate day, sometimes every day morning

Fish bowl 3 : Size 0.5 gallons
Fish : 1 red betta
Bowl accessories : few pebbles
Water type : Drinking water
Ph level : i keep almond leaf (small portion)
Water change : Once a week

I have no complaints, they all seem to be good there. Any suggestion or alterations pls feel free to comment/ask/suggest. Looking forward for interaction. :ymhug:

I can be reached at : dbanerjeeiob@gmail.com
dbanerjeeiob

Postby bladenism » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:41 pm

Hello Everyone!
My name is Vaibhav Kumar Hirwani from Raipur, Chhattisgarh and I'm a Student of Mechanical Engineering.My experience in Planted Aquariums is just Two Months so you can say that I'm a rookie here.My first setup is on but nothing much to talk about it as I have no carpeting done and no CO2. So, planning to do some upgrades slowly after lot of researches and discussing with experts in here!! :D
bladenism
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby evenraghu » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:57 pm

I am Raghu. I am from Odisha, Balasore.
My Aquarium
---------------
10 Gallon Aquarium with-
2 mama molly and 1 male molly.
3 Tetra
1 Sucker Mouth
2 mama Platy
6 Danio

Tank cycled for 45 days before putting fish. Added fish on new year evening :) All happy and active. Just added 3 plants.

if any one from odisha plz pm me. I have lots of question to ask :)
evenraghu
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby org.brijesh » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:27 am

My name is brijesh from Nagpur, Maharashtra.
--------------------
Currently i have 3 aquarium
1-50gallon (high tech planted tank)
2- 20 gallon (low tech running in its own planted tank)
3 - 10 gallon (breeding tank usually cichlids)
org.brijesh
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby george_betta » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:04 am

Give a small introduction of yourself: I am a fun loving guy.. Crazy about fish and their habitats. Mom says fish don't suit me because every time i keep it, i lose a lot of money (Yes i do, because i want the best for my fish).Does that deter me?? NO.. Been reading this forum since 2008 but on the move as i was mostly mobile. Finally signed up. I love making friends who share my interests. I'd love to learn and hear more about your tank and the experiences that followed. Hit me up..
Your name: George Ingels
What you do: i Work for a USA MNC in the supply chain optimization sphere.
How long you are in the hobby: On and off about 15 years.
Your main area of interests in this hobby: I love the science behind fish keeping. Studying and trying to mimic habitats as closely as possible and bringing it to the glass box is my main area of interest. Over the years, i have switched between live bearers, lyberinth. crustacians, medium malawi to giant southern chiclids.
Small details about Your current tanks etc etc: As i mentioned earlier, my mom hates the idea of me trying to keep fish. So over the years i have kept a maximum of 3 tanks at a time. The largest i had was a 3 feet tank. Since i have been in and out of the hobby, i spent a fortune buying tanks and losing them due to inactivity. I recently started over :). I presently own a 12x8x10 LxBxH with one Galiff street betta and some java moss which i got this Sunday :). I also have an empty 24x12x12 LxBxH tank with nothing in it.. Hopefully the seams have not come off else the chances of getting a bigger tank is slim. i have 3 filters, one power filter, one top filter and one bio filter (the one that comes with an external pump). I am looking to set up a nano planted tank on my 1 foot. Pardon my excitement if i seem to eager to talk to you about my fish :P
Last edited by george_betta on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
george_betta
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Calcuttan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:14 am

raghunath wrote: I am planning to start a planted tank for that I need your advice and help in setting up.

This is a great forum to start and welcome to the forum. For a successful planted tank you need adequate light, CO2 in whatever form, fertiliser and substrate - in that order, not to speak of quality plants and water. I would suggest that you read up on all these six subjects individually and ask here when you are stuck. I forgot to mention - adequate water flow and filtration. They are also very important.

There are two main types of tanks you can keep - low tech or high tech. First decide which path to follow then jump into the water. With a low tech tank results are not spectacular or immediate but they are more stable and margin of error is pretty large. In high-tech tanks results are almost instant but failures can be equally drastic and painful. Margin of error is low. Somewhat like driving a Formula 1. If you can drive it, it will go very fast. If not, disaster is round the corner.
Please PM me for regular FREE clippings of HM, tripartita mini, AR mini and RR hi-red
Calcuttan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Asif Ali » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:02 am

Hi All ,

I am Asif from Kolkata.. I stay near Quest Mall .. I work in Wipro and have been in this hobby for about 4-5 years.. I currently have a 15 Gallon Low Tech Planted Aquarium .. This forum has helped me to gain more knowledge about this hobby ..Starting a 4 Feet Planted Tank soon next week will post all the pics and update ...
Asif Ali
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby evenraghu » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:01 am

welcome bhai log :)
evenraghu
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby itsanufy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:06 pm

I am Anupam. From Kolkata.
Started my first aquarium when i was a kid. Had a long gap for 12 yrs for personal reasons.
Rekindled again from last two yrs with a planted one. Starting a new 5*3*2 marine setup. Cost is big big hindrance, but will try my best.
Need help from the seasoned members for this new journey.
itsanufy
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Introduction