Introduce Yourself

Give a small introduction of yourself and your hobby so we can know you better
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby rk521437 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:58 am

Hello guys,this is rajesh choudhary,i m from jamshedpur(tatanagar),jharkhand,i m 18 yrs old and i m a student...i started aquascaping since 2014...i m a begginer in planted aquarium...i started with a 50ltr tank...with some barbs and tetra...then two years with chichlids and now started aquascaping planted aquarium....today i started a new project soon i will send pics of it...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
rk521437
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby arup.b » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:24 pm

My First Hello to all the Members of Kolkata Aquarium Club and wish all a Happy New Year.
I am Arup and am new in this Hobby from 2014. But my love for fish was from my childhood, when I use to saw tank with Fish in one of my Elder brother home and from. I was born and brought at Andal a small Town near Durgapur but now shifted to Kolkata. I didn't get a chance in those days to get my own, because of too many restriction. Now I have successfully have mine and loving it. By profession I am doing a job at an IT company. KAC have help me a lot to get into this and given a lot's of information.
arup.b
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby sam_de » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:14 am

admin wrote:Before you go ahead and start posting in the forum, help us to know you better. Give a small introduction of yourself. Your name, Location, What you do, How long you are in the hobby, Your main area of interests in this hobby, a small details about Your current tanks etc etc.

Halo Sir I am Somnath Dey Basically from Kolkata NewBarrakpur,
But Now I am working In Assam and working over there for Tea Estate System Support Engineer.
I have been in this hobby for last 1 and half year, and my area of interest is mainly planted aquariums (Aquas capping).
I was previously running a nano plated tank of 12*10*10, now started on more with 36*18*18 with 36 watt of led giving 6500k.
filter m using HOB DIY, this one i built with white sand (Chinidana) rather going for planted soil which is just DIY experimental stage.

Your huge support and quality ideas are highly appreciated. ^:)^

Thanks And Regards
Somnath Dey ( SD =:) )
Regards
somde

You won't be happy with what you want, if you aren't happy with what you have.
sam_de
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Nikhil Sonar » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:53 am

Hello everyone,@
This is Nikhil sonar from DHANBAD, professionally I am working with IRCTC and i really obsessed with pet keeping from my childhood recently i am having one golden retriever, a red ear slider turtle having 7 inch shell with sunsun 304b canister filter and last but not the least planted aquarium of around 2ft in length having co2 cylinder with solenoid regulator and
I am trying to experiment with dry ferts very soon.
Thanks admin for allowing me in this forum.
Nikhil Sonar
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby kumar » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:20 am

awesome! can we get confirmed tickets with your help :D

Anyway, warm welcome to the forum, have a great learning experience here!!
i luv fish + u luv fis=we luv wish

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby SBM » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:58 am

Hi everyone
My name is Sabarna Bhattacharyya I am now pursuing law as my career. I also love pets and wet pets basically and mostly monster fish have planned to build a indoor pond and monster 1800 gallon plywood tank. Hope all of you guys bear with me and queries cause i ask a lot of questions :D

Thank you
Sabarna
SBM
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Sushant » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:11 am

Hello KAC members,

My Name is Sushant Datta and I am from Bangalore. I settled in the Garden City for almost a decade and six years now. I am basically from Guwahati, Assam. I was bit by AquaBug very recently and have started reading articles on the internet. This has helped me immensely to gain knowledge in this field. Its vast, its huge and its never ending.

I am a IT Professional in Bangalore and working in an MNC from past 10 years.

I must thank all the members of KAC and esp. Admin who has approved my request. I though have many questions but I would try my best to search for them in the WWW space. If at all I stumble upon any, which I do not have enough understanding off, I would love to post and get valuable answers and feedback from this community.

As my tank goes - Its a 2 Ft, 17 Gal tank (65Lts. approx). I do not have fishes as I am working on an Aquascape with Contro Soil + JBL Aquabasis Plus + ADA Super 4 Combination. I have added Full Spectrum LED (42Watts) & a Canister Filter with ADA Rocks and a small Driftwood. Once I finish my AquaScaping, I am planning to plant some Foreground/Background Crypts, Anubias and Carpeting Plants.

I know its a long introduction... Ok, I am stopping here...:-D

Thank you again.
Sushant Datta
Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.
Sushant
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Drarnab » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Hello everyone. First of all thanks admin for accepting me as a member of KAC. I'm a doctor, a psychiatrist to be precise. Currently attached with Midnapore Medical College.

Was following this website for a long time as a guest visitor to your forum through browser. But wasn't able to be a member. Then installed tapatalk & send pm to one of the active member of this group, sanam, (as I thought he might be admin of this group) & become a member thereafter. Don't know yet whether that msg did the task or not! Still thanks goes to sanam marik [THUMBS UP SIGN].

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Drarnab
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby amukho » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:25 am

First of all, I would to thank team KAC for letting me in.
I am Anjan Mukherjee, an engineer by profession, presently working in Kolkata.
My interest is in cichlid. I am in this hobby for last 3 years (except for the duration of childhood)
I have a (5' x 10" x 18") tank with gravels as substrates and lots of rocks and caves with artificial plants.
Snapshot of my tank is enclosed

email:- anjanmukho@gmail.com

Happy fish keeping

amukho
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby mithun » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 am

welcome to KAC Anjan...

Interesting choice of decors in your tank.. But for cichlid the size of the tank is rather too small.. probably you should go for a bigger tank and use sand/quartz gravel if you really want to see your cichlids show more natural behavior! Open a thread, we can guide you on this!
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Introduction