Feedback for seller umino.in

Talks about the hobby itself, the hobbyists, and acceptable topics not related to fish keeping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Feedback for seller umino.in

Postby bullzi » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:03 am

Hi all,

As most of you already know, umino.in is a online aquarium shop based in Injambakkam, Chennai.

I bought one Jebao DC 5000 pump from them in February 2016 from them for 8500/-. Actually I ordered AC10000 pump first, later, got suggested by others that this pump is too much for my overflow, hence, changed my order later.

The DC pump got non working in just 3 months. At fisrt, 3 times it happened that the pump stopped working suddenly. After 1 to 1 and half hours of gap, it started running again automatically. But it stopped running completely in the 4th time. Power supply was ok, I could see the leds lit on the controller but the pump just won't start at all.

Now, at the time of purchase, umino.in told that warranty is of 1 year for the product. But now, they are completely denying it. It is over 3 weeks now, I have sent them back the pump at my own cost, but still I did not get my product repaired, no replacement. I am in doubt even they have informed Jebao regarding the same. They are just killing the time saying they are looking for spare parts. What a after sales service!!!! Even they are not ready to give a timeline for the repair/replacement, anything.

They even tried to claim that the pump is burnt but they did not provide me with any proof. They said they got burnt smell, lol, I sent them the pump almost over a week after it had stopped working, and still they were able to smell it.

I even offered them the shipping cost to ship it back to Jebao, they are not ready to accept that as well. I have no idea what to do now. This is the scenario of Indian aquarium market. 8500/- is not a matter of joke. I am really disappointed. This is totally unexpected.

Please take care before buying anything from online shops like this. They will say anything to get their products sold but if anything goes wrong, may God help you.

Thanks,

Niladri.
bullzi
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Feedback for seller umino.in

Postby satyajit82 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:58 am

With your proofs (recite, warranty card, and the purchase bill) file a case in consumer forum. Also post all the details in all the available fish related (especially buy & sell) forums in facebook and twitter, also try all the Chennai based pages. But make sure you have your documents in place. As a seller they would not like negative reviews.
Make so much noise so that they are forced to listen.
satyajit82
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby bullzi » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:31 pm

Well they are listening to me now to some extent. I am waiting for their further step.
bullzi
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby bullzi » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:32 pm

Also I have sent them the pump back in original package. The warranty card was inside.
bullzi
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Koushik905 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:26 pm

Dear Bulzi, There is another online shop- which is lesser price for the pump u got. The site is http://www.indianaquarium.com.. and they are quite effective in customer service. I bought jebao RW 8, RW-15 and DCT4000 from them its quite cheap from umino. I have a problem with RW-8 and they replaced the controller with in 7 days.

Thanks & Regards,
Koushik
Koushik905
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby bladenism » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:50 am

Indian Aquarium is a Trusted Website!

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk
bladenism
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby indracalcutta93 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:28 am

very good thread Mr. Niladri
indracalcutta93
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby xarg0n » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:17 pm

The issue is faulty powersupply..though the lights will glow, the voltage / current drops below minimum operational requirement due to certain component failure mostly caused by over heating. The solution is to have the power supply replaced and keeping it in a cooler place. If umino cannot get the power supply replaced, replace it with any after market power supply with similar specifications. It will come way cheaper as well.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Return to Fishy Lounge