Next KAC Trip - Purbasthali 21st Feb'16

Talks about the hobby itself, the hobbyists, and acceptable topics not related to fish keeping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Next KAC Trip - Purbasthali 21st Feb'16

Postby rahul » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:13 pm

into the unknown............

IMG_3939.jpg

curving all the way...........

IMG_3963.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rahul

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby evenraghu » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:26 am

awesome guyz :)
evenraghu
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby vikramdutta » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:49 am

Looking the spot through ur eyes guys, please post some more photo.
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby avik » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:57 am

Nice photos, keep them coming.
avik
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby bullzi » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:24 am

Great pics, we need more.

:)
bullzi
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Calcuttan » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:27 am

Nice to see a relatively hyacinth free Purbasthali after quite a few years. Waiting for a trip report.
Please PM me for regular FREE clippings of HM, tripartita mini, AR mini and RR hi-red
Calcuttan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby arnab » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:22 am

Thanks to Kesto Da, Krish Da, Rajan Da, Dipankar Da, Rahul, Rohan, Sanam, Subhadeep Da, Xarg0n for making it another successful KAC trip :) Felt really bad for Amitava Da who arrived at Howrah in time but missed the train unfortunately. Special thanks to Kesto da and Sauvik for guiding and mentoring us with their vast knowledge of the place and making some of the pre-arrangements. This was by far the best collection trip in terms of exploring the wide habitat, amount of vegetation and certainly different types of fishes collected. So congrats all :)

A collection trip is never over until the final documentation and reports are made. Kesto Da would be preparing the final report this time. I would request everyone to mail him with the details of species collected and relevant pictures. His email ID: mondal.krishnendu@gmail.com Please try to send him the details by Thursday so that final report can be prepared by this week. Request you to show your enthusiasm in this bit also like you all have shown during the trip and prior to that.

@Rohan needs to send the datasheet to Kesto Da.
arnab

Postby avik » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:45 am

I told Rohan to send the datasheet to me and Soumya first.. We ll check and send to Kestoda.
avik
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby rahul » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:59 am

i somehow managed to get one unexpected species ,one of which turned out to be bumblebee goby.And this is the brackish usually found in southernmost bengal.this turned out to be real freshwater bumblebee goby.It usually occupied the areas populated by eicchornia crassipes.The large net which scooped out eicchornia took out some bumblebees .but only 8 i could manage myself.as the find occured mostly when the trip was at its end.

Out of the 8 ,only 7 could make it as one simply died before arriving Bandel.In Bandel i was lucky enough to get a late running sealdah bound express train which further stopped due to red signal at belgharia enough to steer me home by 6 pm.Some how checked if the others were okay.luckily they were and i just accimated them to appropriately matched tds and with some plants into this.and no mortalities yet.will try some feeding today.i hope they wont accept anything live.they are picking at the plants.Thanks goes to the ticketing officer of some 9 hrs late running teesta torsa exp who allowed me to enter and even sit in sleeper class. :p

hope you can spot some.

IMG_3975.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rahul

Postby xarg0n » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:47 pm

I see 3
I got 2 of these..let me know what are you feeding them..seems like they are micro fauna vores..fresh water pods etc..its wise to culture some algae in the tank...as algae is breeding ground for all pods and micro faunas.

Here is one I have
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fishy Lounge