Importance of Aquahobby

Talks about the hobby itself, the hobbyists, and acceptable topics not related to fish keeping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Importance of Aquahobby

Postby xarg0n » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:55 pm

avik wrote:Thanks for the nice points Pulsarabhi, but then what if they ask why do we need a pet. Also it will be great if you can share something from your talk.

If some one is asking why do we need pets...you need to understand even evolution could not take their animal instincts out...forget about yourself. Look for pupils some where else, unless you want to get some animal instincts induced by frustration =))
Last edited by xarg0n on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby xarg0n » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:00 pm

Sumit K Sen wrote: Not a dark, almond leaf only tank - :)

Ha ha ha ha =)) =))
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby ambor2013@live.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Sanam Da ..
Interesting story of dedication for this hobby
-- so..like all of you I also have a story .
At first stage.. When I was only 10/12 yrs.. The struggle begin. & my against team was my dad & some times my mom also..

So ..there is a myth ,fishkeeping is not good fr our family. But I never understand the reason .
frm beginning Tom & Jerry show starred..always after Sunday 's great marketing ( weekly bazar) ,I used to steal some little fish frm bag which are alive . I had a hidden jar under my bed . wc time was the most crucial part of that game, most of time the game end that stage.
Sometimes I used to collect some little Barb or telapia from local pond.but my secret jar always betrayed with me.my mom easily could guess abt the hiden world.
But I never stop.. Game intervals may be change time to time ,but a strong desire always in my mind.

So..now the story of my last successful attempt. It was 2014 Dec. I managed a black goldy with bowl frm my friend just fr trial. Thankfully after few days the environment changed& suddenly oneday my mom said why it is in bowl,a little aquarium will be good fr the fish..
So , that 1.5feet tank now convert into a 200ltr tank , a nano cube & no of buckets..
Now most of the day before dinner my dad ask me abt my fish ,plants .when I am out of my home dad always maintain a proper schedule to switch the tank lights on- off.
My mom also now more interested in tank, the big tank easily steal some time slots from my mom's packed up star jalsa schedule.

So from my scenario, a little piece of nature can generate Healthy habits, natural knowledge & more Concentration in daily work..I believe this the secret myth behind the hobby
ambor2013@live.com
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby xarg0n » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:35 pm

I think before asking this why aqua hobby, we need to ask why do a hobby in the first place. What exactly is a hobby ? why do we do it ? how does doing a hobby enrich us ?

The most important part any hobby has to offer is to spend some quality time with your own self. How many times do we tell ourselves how wonderful persons we are ? This is important.
If we cannot keep our own selves happy and contended, we would never be able to keep anyone happy, be it anyone, from your spouse to your boss, the barber next door who you see regularly or
the cobbler you need to reach out in hurry.In order to be part of this society each of us have a responsibility towards every element this society is built up with. This how good we treat ourselves gets transmitted with our behavior to others, and again they return the favor back to us. It helps to amplify our self respect, esteem, confidence , as many times as we interact with a new person, it multiplies exponentially. Hobby is a language that we speak to ourselves with. Not many people have one, those who dont, have not met the most wonderful person on this planet ! This is the only way we rediscover ourselves over & over again , and every iteration helps us to eliminate the previous flaws of our characters along with the hobby, the way we interpret things gets through an evolution ! We do the hobby even better & another new cycle begins ! Hobby creates better human beings. Hobby teaches one to take responsibilities, it teaches how fragile a world we all are living in. How even a slightest action
made by us can have great consequences !
The benefits of aqua-hobby other than Feng-shui are already discussed here in detail. There are Pros & Cons of aqua hobby like every other hobbies. Not all kind of setups are easy to maintain but as our target audience here are people having no idea about pets, a simple setup with gold fishes is the best starter. I am not adding anything excess to aqua hobby as these are already have been touched before.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby mithun » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:07 am

@Avik,

IMHO you can never really make an aqua hobbyist if its not already in his/genes. The reasons i can think of are,
a) Like some people love football, some love cricket, some love dogs and some love tail wiggling or greenery under water.. you cant make someone like something if he does not have that inner calling.
b) Patience is a big road block in this hobby.. unless you can wait for days, week, month for results, turn your tank back from major disasters, religiously change water, this hobby isnt probably for you.
c) the doer's gene.. this hobby needs serious effort without much outcome. lots of work, lots of headache but not a lot u can brag about in social circle. Most people will readily tag you as mad if you do this hobby more than just drawing room decorations..

these are the well known factors why we have low population in this hobby and also the reason why we have less female head count as these essential things are found less in women as they evolved in society(there are obvious exceptions though).

I guess things will change as technology further progresses and people need to have less of the above to get better tanks.. until then encourage people everyway to grow that hobbyist in them. Don't criticise and let them do wrong things and then guide them like a friend (not as a khadoos teacher). IMHO thats the way to nurture future talents
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Fishy Lounge