DIY bonsai "driftwood".

Time to build something new
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: DIY bonsai driftwood.

Postby aquarajan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:50 am

Sourav Bhowmick wrote:
sahajaydip wrote:Personally I don't like the idea of making diy of natural stuff like rock and driftwood.It reminds me those plastic plants.However i like your efforts and work here

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Yeah you are right! but I dont think it will have cheap look after gluing moss to it. After all driftwood is also 'not alive'

I guess what Jaydip meant is in a nature aquarium we use elements which are from or close to nature. And that's why I said I love your creativity but I fear that someone else may start up promoting these to be a cheaper alternative to drifts and then the whole core idea of a nature aquarium (specially in a country like ours where we are atleast 50 years behind the World) may come down crashing!!! Just a dilemma, I may be wrong as well!
Cheers,
Rajan Bhaumik

"We've come too far to give up who we are..."
aquarajan
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby vikramdutta » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:31 am

aquarajan wrote:
Sourav Bhowmick wrote:
sahajaydip wrote:Personally I don't like the idea of making diy of natural stuff like rock and driftwood.It reminds me those plastic plants.However i like your efforts and work here

Yeah you are right! but I dont think it will have cheap look after gluing moss to it. After all driftwood is also 'not alive'

I guess what Jaydip meant is in a nature aquarium we use elements which are from or close to nature. And that's why I said I love your creativity but I fear that someone else may start up promoting these to be a cheaper alternative to drifts and then the whole core idea of a nature aquarium (specially in a country like ours where we are atleast 50 years behind the World) may come down crashing!!! Just a dilemma, I may be wrong as well!

No u r not wrong Rajan, there is really a chance of the worry u have. Actually everything in this hobby is so expensive here that people like me are forced to get some alternative. Most of the guys are looting us as they like. But to be honest it is really a very good creative work.
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby sahajaydip » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:43 am

aquarajan wrote:
Sourav Bhowmick wrote:

Yes Rajan, There are chances of promoting artificial stuff of nature aquarium. Even if you look in ebay you can see some artificial rock and drifts. Sourav Yes driftwood not alive and that’s why its driftwood and its natural. So what your are making here is artificial driftwood and probably it will not be honest to say it DIY driftwood as we can’t make driftwood. As rajan already mentioned it’s not about the look here it’s about the purity of nature stuff you use in planted aquarium
Thanks
Jaydip

'If you're going through hell, keep going'.

Mytank- http://www.kolkata-aquarium.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5342
sahajaydip
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby bedouinjoy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:17 pm

@Saurav - its a good creativity ....am sure this technique will look absolutely real when moss grows on top ....I feel this is a good alternative for aquascaping tanks with creativity where we cannot get an exact shape of driftwood ...we can use this one ...plz keep updating ...about the leeching of waste ...after introducing it to tank.
Btw How is your other tank ?
I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don’t have as many people who believe it.
bedouinjoy
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Sourav Bhowmick » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:31 pm

Those bonsai woods are too costly for me(I think for most of the hobbyists). In sealdah Kole market(Gourda's shop) I saw a little one of 10 inch height. It costs 3500 rs. I was just trying to find a cheaper option to create that beauty within budget. :)
Sourav Bhowmick
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Sourav Bhowmick » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:37 pm

bedouinjoy wrote:@Saurav - its a good creativity ....am sure this technique will look absolutely real when moss grows on top ....I feel this is a good alternative for aquascaping tanks with creativity where we cannot get an exact shape of driftwood ...we can use this one ...plz keep updating ...about the leeching of waste ...after introducing it to tank.
Btw How is your other tank ?

Thnx! :D I kept it in a 1ftX8inch tank for one week with some guppies in it. No casualty was there. For last two days I'm keeping it in my 1ft cube full of RCS. No death till now! :)
I'm having diatom bloom in my tank. everything else is fine! :)
Sourav Bhowmick
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby sahajaydip » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:02 pm

Sourav Bhowmick wrote:Those bonsai woods are too costly for me(I think for most of the hobbyists). In sealdah Kole market(Gourda's shop) I saw a little one of 10 inch height. It costs 3500 rs. I was just trying to find a cheaper option to create that beauty within budget. :)

I agree in Kolkata most seller create a hype of drift and charge it like anything.Even in gallif also its very costly.But belief me there are few places outside bengal where you will get it very cheap rate.Only issue you need to import it and it takes time.Many Hobbyists here do frequent group buy of rock, wood and other stuffs here in much much cheaper rate.However I am not discouraging you to make your own stuff.As I said I like your work here.Get in touch.

Thanks
Jaydip

'If you're going through hell, keep going'.

Mytank- http://www.kolkata-aquarium.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5342
sahajaydip
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Sourav Bhowmick » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:21 am

:D thnx!
Sourav Bhowmick
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Re: DIY bonsai "driftwood".

Postby satyajit82 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:15 am

good work bro ... BTW aquarium concept itself is not natural...in a small or big glass box you try to imitate a small piece of eco system....unless you setup a pond...
satyajit82
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Re: DIY bonsai "driftwood".

Postby Sourav Bhowmick » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:41 pm

thnx Satyajitda!
Sourav Bhowmick
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Projects