Aquarium Controller

Time to build something new
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Aquarium Controller

Postby kumar » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:42 pm

SO, IT WORKED!!!!

:D
used a different lappy.
what I did was
(1)gave 2/3rd voltage divider for Tx pin of ESP
then 1/3rd voltage for Rx pin.
(2) Clicked download once, then it returned error with ble led flash for a moment. Then i quickly hit download again, then it started... magically

You must try. Wish I could cancel my FTDI bus lol... I could get this work with my mega. All the best
this is what I followed for connections
http://www.hobbyist.co.nz/?q=esp8266-firmware-update
i luv fish + u luv fis=we luv wish

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby kumar » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:49 pm

And under my WiFi connections, I see a new name now :D :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Jimut » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:22 pm

ESP8266 needs a very stable power source to work, I used it with a LM317 regulated at 3.3V with a 12V 1A power adapter, it worked fine. USB's are generally limited to 500mA or less which creates a lot of problem during it's boot up and more during transmission.

Also, always make sure you have a large (>10uF) and a small (0.1uF) cap nearby it's power pin, to ensure there are no jitter or ripple, which may also create problem.
Jimut
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Jimut » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:24 pm

What is that Auto Top Off system that you made? What does it do? Are there any sensors you are working with?
Jimut
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby kumar » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:28 am

Jimut wrote:ESP8266 needs a very stable power source to work, I used it with a LM317 regulated at 3.3V with a 12V 1A power adapter, it worked fine. USB's are generally limited to 500mA or less which creates a lot of problem during it's boot up and more during transmission.

Also, always make sure you have a large (>10uF) and a small (0.1uF) cap nearby it's power pin, to ensure there are no jitter or ripple, which may also create problem.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, are you able to run ESP as a wifi shield for Arduino?

and, I think it is more with using a proper level shifter. Thats what my trial suggests, because when I used the Rx pin of ESP on a lower voltage it was able to drive the arduino pin better, and as arduino is fine taking 3.3V inputs, so it helped the cause.

But you are right, on a fine day when its run as stand alone you ll need a good supply. BTW, its not advised to drop voltage from such high levels!! (12V-3.3V, i.e. like 500mA x 6.7V thats quite a lot of heat!!) a 6V should suffice.
Thanks a :-bd gain.

kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby kumar » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:32 am

Jimut wrote:What is that Auto Top Off system that you made? What does it do? Are there any sensors you are working with?

looks like 2 magnetic level sensors
http://www.ebay.in/itm/331682177446?aff_source=Sok-Goog

kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby soumyaghosh » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:10 am

Hi kumar,
Sorry for my late reply....was too busy last week...good to know that it works for u....but with me the problem was not making it a WAP (Wireless Access point)....but instead making it to connect to my Home wifi and to connect to the outer world....all this to monitor my parameters from anywhere using internet......i got my ftdi and now the esp8266 works like a charm.....i will update it to the latest firmware....for that i need some time....this week i am out of station so lets see if possible next week..will keep u posted.
Hi Jimut,
Auto top off system helps to refill the evaporated water from the tank...from a bucket of water.....
Yes as kumar said those are magnetic float switch which helps u determine the water level...if the level goes down....it refills the tank and stops when the level goes up. Let me know if u have any other questions.
Regards,
Soumya Ghosh :)

Marine tank :- 48" x 30" x 20"
soumyaghosh
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby kumar » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:29 am

Thanks for your reply Soumya. Yes, that will be my aim too. But am not sure if I spoiled mine, am able to run it as standalone and use its gpios over internet. Problem is its unable to talk to arduino :|

kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby soumyaghosh » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:57 am

Yes.....thats the problem....u can try using a ftdi....i will check with ftdi n arduino....hope it should work....will update u once i am done with that
Regards,
Soumya Ghosh :)

Marine tank :- 48" x 30" x 20"
soumyaghosh
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby kumar » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:01 pm

You mean level shifters? Because am able to do all things of ftdi, program and serially command it. Except talk to arduino.

kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Projects