DIY Algae Turf Scrubber (ATS)(Marine)

Time to build something new
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: DIY Algae Turf Scrubber (ATS)(Marine)

Postby xarg0n » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:34 pm

Amit.. wrote:I hear that Similar contraption can be used for FW, but not for Planted FW. a FW ATS will probably end up starving plants.

Yes bro , freshwater tanks also run them at large but not the planted guys. In fact they can be proven an excellent piece of filter for MFK guys and discus folks who want to do wc once in 15 days
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby xarg0n » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:36 pm

samim wrote:Could you please share steps, ingredients, their source and cost to make the thing in your picture.

I will, need to make few cuttings as per design to the acrylics, hopefully details can be shared this weekend
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby xarg0n » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:39 pm

Rohan wrote:
pool1975 wrote:wish something like this existed for a fresh water set up ...

Pool da it exists. In fact Sourav da and i once discussed about it. The running cost may a bit high but if one could manage it its THE BEST you can get.

Running cost might not be too high if led,s are used instead of pl lamps or cfls Rohan. The lights should be on 18 hours a day for optimum result.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby pool1975 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:19 am

This is gr8 to hear ... sourav please keep this thread detailed for us .. experts please chime in with your thoughts suggestions, while we keep assimilating facts ... also I thought ATS will need the lights 24X7 .. that aint the case is it ?
Subhankar
Increasingly fishy ...
pool1975
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:25 am

ATS does not really need a sump.. it stays outside sump.. people generally set it up above sump just to hide it.. Since u dont have sump u can very well set it up above the tank itself..
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby xarg0n » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:22 pm

pool1975 wrote:This is gr8 to hear ... sourav please keep this thread detailed for us .. experts please chime in with your thoughts suggestions, while we keep assimilating facts ... also I thought ATS will need the lights 24X7 .. that aint the case is it ?

No, running the lights on for 24x7 will not have optimum growth of the algae. Ideally lights are run 18-20 hours a day.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby xarg0n » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Yes @Mithun, thats why I am planning for this 3D ATS , I have to keep it over my tank cover only, no other choice.

Tomorrow is a big day for me, going chandni around 1:30PM for collection of LED, algae screen , thick all aluminum U channels (for DIY Heatsink), screws, couple of 80/92 mm fans and few 12V/1A power adaptor for LEDs also , bulkhead for 1 inch C-PVC(I already have enough C-PVC in stock) and couple of C-PVC elbows as necessary.

once I come back I have to cut one of the side acrylics to fit the Bullk head for water return line. Any Idea what size the diameter should be for fitting 1 inch bulk heads ?

And also thanks a ton @Mithun for sharing the address of acrylic den :D
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby el batty » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:24 pm

xarg0n wrote:Any Idea what size the diameter should be for fitting 1 inch bulk heads ?

i recently made a drill for 1" plumbing and the hole's diameter was a little less than 1.5"
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Postby abhigaria » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:36 pm

xarg0n wrote:Yes @Mithun, And also thanks a ton @Mithun for sharing the address of acrylic den :D

Would you pls tell us the address of acrylic den?
abhigaria
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby mithun » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:55 pm

xarg0n wrote:Tomorrow is a big day for me, going chandni around 1:30PM for collection of LED, algae screen , thick all aluminum U channels (for DIY Heatsink), screws, couple of 80/92 mm fans and few 12V/1A power adaptor for LEDs also , bulkhead for 1 inch C-PVC(I already have enough C-PVC in stock) and couple of C-PVC elbows as necessary.

Let us know your finding..

xarg0n wrote:And also thanks a ton @Mithun for sharing the address of acrylic den :D

You are welcome :D
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Projects