Collection trip at Jaguli forest on 29th March 2015

Explore the aquatic life on planet earth
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Collection trip at Jaguli forest on 29th March 2015

Postby SanamMarik » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:00 pm

Dipankar wrote:
rahul wrote:it was my first collection trip and honestly i must say that its totally worth it.finally its a sunday well spent.
yes i did get a couple of small plants which are most probably aquatic and did plant them immediately i reached home.
but the most interesting character was sanam who might have taken revital or something like that before coming to this trip.All were amazed to see the energy.He looked to be on steroids as he crossed the river so easily where others were struggling to get a foothold in the mud.i was infact stuck at one point so badly that i couldn't take my foot out. amitavada came to the rescue at that point.but whatever it is i enjoyed fully.
let the pics flow in.waiting eagerly.

Its very true that Sanam on steroids even when we all ready to return still then Sanam catching fishes :-bd

moreover I could manage to get 4hrs sleep on friday and saturday night due to my weekly fishy works... its neither revital nor steriods... :p may b i was super excited... :D coz since I came bak to kol in 2010 after joining my job, I stopped myslf from going on any trips while pursuing my Master to push my limits...and now my Masters is over and I it was the very first trip after more than 4long years...+ it was the 1st trip I ever made for fishy things + the company was great...wen people are so awesome...nrgy flows thru the veins automatically... + I finally found sophore.... :ymhug: :ymhug: :x :x

Planning to go on another collection on this sat at Central Park Saltlake... ;)
Anyone can join in...CP at 6am Saturday is the plan as of now... :D

btw...pics are awesome....true photography....looking out for more...the casual moments and the pics of the fishes....waiting... :D
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby Dipankar » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:59 am

Excellent photography and waiting for more to come
Dipankar
Die Hard KAC Fan
Die Hard KAC Fan

Postby Dipankar » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:02 am

SanamMarik wrote:Planning to go on another collection on this sat at Central Park Saltlake... ;)
Anyone can join in...CP at 6am Saturday is the plan as of now... :D

I will confirm you sanam within friday
Dipankar
Die Hard KAC Fan
Die Hard KAC Fan

Postby SanamMarik » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:34 pm

no more pics??? :( :(
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby amitava1969 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:59 pm

Sorry but as usual, I overprocessed the images. My obsession. Reducing file size leads to artifacts.

I will be extremely flattered if you folks check out the images at https://www.flickr.com/photos/69226106@ ... 687866086/
amitava1969
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby SanamMarik » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:16 am

thanks a lot fr ur hard work for sorting the pics and publishing them.... \m/
pics r awesome...all moments captured...and the story can be now told by the pics only that you and Krishnendu da and Dipankar da... thanks a lot for all the pics... ^:)^ ^:)^
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby Sunny » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:05 pm

xarg0n wrote:this trip is only for hobbysts :P

souvikray wrote:Sunny, this trip is for hobbyists collection trip... not ment for commercial guys.

I do understand your concerns but I hope you know that I had been and am still a hardcore hobyist for quite a long time. A part time proffesion is a totally different aspect, I would respect if you dont mix them up.
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.
<Eminem>

The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.
<Morgan Freeman>
Sunny
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby subhadeepdas » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:35 pm

Here is a couple of snaps of my collections.

IMG_1679ed.jpg

IMG_1666ed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Subhadeep
subhadeepdas
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby xarg0n » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:33 pm

Sunny wrote:
xarg0n wrote:this trip is only for hobbysts :P

souvikray wrote:Sunny, this trip is for hobbyists collection trip... not ment for commercial guys.

I do understand your concerns but I hope you know that I had been and am still a hardcore hobyist for quite a long time. A part time proffesion is a totally different aspect, I would respect if you dont mix them up.

We would if that part time profession of yours had nothing to do with native sp supply..sorry for being direct..but I hope you can understand certain few things which may have longterm consequences related to the hobby. Hobbyist collections happen once in a blue moon, and there comes a fullstop afterwards. But lately the rise in indian native fish entry to the hobby has already reduced many of the native species in significant numbers in the nature. And in a country like India it will take ages to have such regulations to be implemented for all local water bodies.

Business and ethics never go parallel, any new exposed spot will be raided on a regular basis by sellers until nothing is left and the entire ecosystem is destroyed. There are so many regulations for marine species but there is almost nothing for many of our native freshwater almost extinct species. And I also know there are few native sellers who sell wild caught species and claim that they bred those in their farms bla bla..

So I dont mind telling the bitter truth straight way up. This is the truth and I know all sensible hobbyists will want to keep it this way. You can interpret this whichever way you want..but that will not change the truth.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Postby Sunny » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:01 am

I get your point, I can say that I have my own resources or collection areas and that in the native fish selling everyone is not allowed to collect from anywhere due to territorial business rules. And that KAC trips were just fun games and making fishy friends for me. But anyway as u wish
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.
<Eminem>

The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.
<Morgan Freeman>
Sunny
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

PreviousNext

Return to Habitat Study and Collection Trips