Kindly help me

Talk about marine fish diseases and tank disasters
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Kindly help me

Postby ashim1610 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Amitayus my friend.....as El Batty said......your tank is already over stocked with aggresive fishes. And regal tang or hawaii yellow tang is not suitable for such a small tank.
You can add few turbo snail as cleaner crue now but never even think to add a shrimp untill your tank parameters become settle.....which 'll take minimum 8-10months.
Same 'bout starfish or anything. Sudden ups and down of pH or NH3-NO2 level is very common in this time span. So hold your patience......its the only key of success......specially in case of marine.

Bet of luck.
THERE IS NOTHING AS TRANSPARENT AS WATER. BE TRANSPARENT, AND WORLD COMES TO YOU THE SAME. ALWAYS KEEP SMILING.....

REGARDS..........
ASHIM.
ashim1610
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby deep123 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:36 pm

@asim da..is Ca dosing needed for a FO tank? If the WC done regularly it will prevent Nh3, No2 spike and also replenish required elements?

@ amitayus..what are you using as substrate? Is it aragonite sand or coral dust? Please be carefull about feeding and never overfeed your fishes. What you are feeding them now?

Your damsel ( specialy 3 spot) can kill your crab. It happened with me. This much aggressive they are.
deep123
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby ashim1610 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:31 am

deep123 wrote:..is Ca dosing needed for a FO tank? If the WC done regularly it will prevent Nh3, No2 spike and also replenish required elements?

Nah......if you do weekly/ bi-weekly or monthly WC with fresh saltwater, you don't need any extra dosing of any elements.....unless you are using a very cheap salt. As for a FO system......basically what needs only a pefect salinity......and you can do it with any kind of aqua salt. But when you wants good coraline growth.....then you need good Ca-Mg conc., high pH, high dkH e.t.c. And as you using a cheap salt or don't doing WC in proper time.......you should start two part dosing with proper Ca-alkalinity mesurement.
THERE IS NOTHING AS TRANSPARENT AS WATER. BE TRANSPARENT, AND WORLD COMES TO YOU THE SAME. ALWAYS KEEP SMILING.....

REGARDS..........
ASHIM.
ashim1610
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Amitayus » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:00 pm

Ok, today I bought a pH kit and checked, pH is 8. This must be due to Ca dosing. I wanted the pH to be on a higher side as ultimately I plan to have a tentacle anemone. (If needed at that time will return the damsels, but it's way too far to discuss now). Also did a 15% WC.

@ Deep, I bought a used tank approx 8 months old, so it can be presumed that it was live sand. I feed 1 spoon of Marine Nutrition flakes once daily. Earlier I fed them one chopped shrimp per week but now stopped as some fishes died, could be a coincidence though.

BTW, I really appreciate the way seniors are doing hand holding exercise for green horns like me. :ymapplause:
Amitayus
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby ashim1610 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:45 am

@Amitayus : bro......all anemones consist of tentacles. :)
I think you are talking 'bout LTA.
But before adding a lta or a buble tip, you must 've to waite untill your tank become mature and the parameters become stable......and you 've to check the stable condition must remain the same for minimum 6months.
Nextly, you have to buy a PO4 kit to check PO4 conc. in your tank b'fore you add an anemone. As these inverts never toller excess PO4 level. So PO4 must be 0 - 0.10 ppm and NO3 must be zero.
Then you need a good light source as vho or metal halides or leds to serve their proper photosynthetic perpous. Except that they'll shrink and die within a month or two.
Also you have to keep your tank temp within 25-27 degree C. always.
Anemones are the most critical and complexsive creature of deep blue.

Even in western countries, you'll get a very nominal percentage of hobbyists, those who are capable to keep an anemone in their tank for more than 6-8 months with their extreem modified system and optimum water conditions. So, before you dump an lta or buble tip in your tank.....think 'bout it.

Lastly, bro.........India Govt. has declaired a bann on keeping of all types of corals and anemones in domestic tanks.
So, better not to try it and better not to discuss anything in this forum, which is illegal from the frame of referance of Indian law and order.

Best of luck. :)

REGARDS..........
ASHIM.
ashim1610
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Amitayus » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:32 pm

Gawd... I heard that too, thought it was only domestic ones. But it is for cultured imported variety as well, then reef aquarium hobby has been effectively killed.

But I agree with you, if the It is illegal, then no point pursuing it. Plus I don't have enuff money to invest in a chiller.

One last question, can we do some seas shore collection? As I saw in the forum that some members went to Bakkhali. Will be going to Vizag next week, can I try to collect some hermit crab or snails or barnacles? They'll do some biological filtration.
Amitayus
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby krishnendu » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:51 am

Do not add any sea shore collection to your tank. The avg sp gravity of sea around us is approx 1.010 - 1.015...where as in our tank we generally maintain 1.020 approx.

Your tan is not at all matured. You should not have introduced anything in the first month of cycling...donot introduce any new member in your tank specially any invertebrates. Do proper water change for the next two month... preferbly 15% biweekly for the next two month. You wiil see the difference.

You will understand by youself when your tank will get matured...there will be red coraline algae spreading all around..

Do not feed you fish once ina day with plenty of food... feed thrice with small amount..

Happy fish keeping. ..
krishnendu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Previous

Return to Saltwater Diseases and Disasters