Popeye in gold belly damsel

Talk about marine fish diseases and tank disasters
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Popeye in gold belly damsel

Postby el batty » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:54 pm

I am having the toughest phase in my aqua-life.

When all seemed good in the morning too, suddenly when i came home from office and went to feed, saw my gold belly damsel suffering from pop eye. Why this fish...whyyyyyyyyyy :(( :(( :((

I have read of this disease while surfing other forums and hence linked the disease with the name.

Will upload some pics of the fish in question.

It was perfectly fine in the morning and dad said that in the evening, he noticed the bulge in his right eye..looks just like a telescope eye gold fish (the noor ones) :(( :((

I request all the marine folks to have a look at it atleast once and if anyone ever faced this disaster, please tell what the fate holds...i am having a 1.5' tank which i will set as a quarantine tank tomorrow housing 50% water from main tank and 50% new water.

Is this curable? or, is it fated to die? =((
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Popeye in gold belly damsel

Postby el batty » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Please check it out and share your views (practical only, not net ones...i have read enough on them online)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Postby el batty » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Any idea on the cure?
Cure that is possible in INDIA that is..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Subhadeep

el batty

Postby mithun » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:23 pm

it seems to be due to infection or water problem.. separate the fish and keep it in a freshly prepared salt water.. make sure the tank sp gravity matches with old water.. if new water makes the fish get better gradually you should consider doing large water change in the main tank too..

do u have a sump? if not what is your filtration? it seems to me that the water is not right.. please do check!
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby el batty » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:05 pm

I do have a sump and i tested for NO2 too in my tank moments after noticing this fish. NO2 was 0.

If it is infection, will the rest of the fishes be okay?

I will make a 1.5' as quarantine...but i read online that netting the fish could be troublesome as the eye might burst :|

What's your take on it? You ever faced this problem?
Regards,
Subhadeep

el batty

Postby Siddhartha » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:43 pm

omg..cant bear this painful cnditn of d fsh..its a terrible sight..dnt knw abt saltys bt once my malawi showed a bit of such tendancy in its one eye..bt nt so much buldge..mine was jst in a bgng stage..i moved it to quarantine nd maintaind optimum water quality..it ws bck in form withn 3 days..i read pop eye effcts bth the eyes togthr..plz marine seniors help ths fsh..
I will pray for your fshes rcvry mate..
Siddhartha
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:51 pm

catching a damsel with net will not be easy and u r right that the eye might burst.. but u need to make sure other fishes dont get infected, so u have to separate it. try netting it very slowly.. or maybe with a pot u can trap it rather than net.. highly unlikely though.. damsels are difficult to trap.
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby el batty » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:19 am

seems to me like the swelling has reduced a little...tried to net the fish...seemed almost impossible. I don't want it to run aimlessly and crash against a dead rock and get the eye pop open..so i have for now kept the net in the tank since last night and let them be accustomed to it.

What's the pot theory btw?
Regards,
Subhadeep

el batty

Return to Saltwater Diseases and Disasters