Which is the best Marine Salt available in Kolkata?

Whats going on in your reef tank water
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Which is the best Marine Salt available in Kolkata?

Postby Aquaticlife » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:28 pm

In duplicate no3 po4 cant maintain so i i humble request all red sea user cheek no3 po4 leble
ca, mg can be maintain but no3 po4 cant maintain 0 .
and price of the product , now red sea coral pro inter national price is 1050 . No one can sale his or her stock in 1000 or 950 in retail . because they must pay fare. profit also .
Who need originality of coral pro salt come my home with Ur best parameter ( Salifert or Red Sea ) and check it .
Don't need to buy. .
krishnendu da come my home and check this.

I do this for maintain genuinety of coral pro ,not for sale my sock .

Red Sea wholesaler in West Bengal
Aquatic life

http://Www.Aquaticlifeindia.webs.com
Last edited by Aquaticlife on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aquaticlife
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby tigermath » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:29 am

Aquaticlife, please write your name in the signature. I have a question...What is the difference in wholesaler, dealer and distributor? Most of the marine guys write either of them in their signature..How many distributor/dealer/wholesaler are there for a single item in Kolkata?
Regards,

Avik

**Dried testicles of POACHERS cure cancer**
tigermath
KAC Senior Member
KAC Senior Member

Postby Aquaticlife » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm

bro i bring my red sea stock distribute in India .
so i am the wholesaler. and none in west Bengal sale there red sea stock in my competitive price. So i right wholesaler in west Bengal .

Red sea Wholesaler in west Bengal
Aquatic life
Www.Aquaticlifeindia.webs.com
Aquaticlife
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby el batty » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:14 am

your signature is

Red sea Wholesaler in west Bengal
Aquatic life
Www.Aquaticlifeindia.webs.com

Why not add your name on the first line before red sea wholesaler in west bengal...that way it's easier to communicate and if possible, mention your mobile number too.

That is what Avikda is trying to say. Please do so.
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Postby krishnendu » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:44 am

Satrajit its easier for us to communicate if we know people by name. Please add you name in the signature.
krishnendu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby krishnendu » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:17 am

Aquaticlife wrote:In duplicate no3 po4 cant maintain so i i humble request all red sea user cheek no3 po4 leble
ca, mg can be maintain but no3 po4 cant maintain 0 .
and price of the product , now red sea coral pro inter national price is 1050 . No one can sale his or her stock in 1000 or 950 in retail . because they must pay fare. profit also .
Who need originality of coral pro salt come my home with Ur best parameter ( Salifert or Red Sea ) and check it .
Don't need to buy. .
krishnendu da come my home and check this.

I do this for maintain genuinety of coral pro ,not for sale my sock .

Red Sea wholesaler in West Bengal
Aquatic life

http://Www.Aquaticlifeindia.webs.com

Apart from Calcium, Magnesium there are approx 30+ essential element which should be present in a good quality salt. Calcium and Magnesium can be hyped by adding 2 easily available chemicals ( wont disclose openly) to any salt. I wont argue with you about your salt which you are selling. I will share my test results and my observations on Red Sea Salt

OLD RED SEA CORAL PRO SALT -

Physical Appearance:

1. Granular in appearance similar to all the other salt in market.
2. Takes effort and time to dissolve in water ( this is actually not a good feature, good salt generally dissolve fast and dissolves completely with out any residue)
3. While dissolving the water generally used to warm up a bit due to chemical reactions while dissolving in water.

Test results:

I had consistent test results at specific gravity 1.025- 1.026 and when the salt is dissolved in RO water. I have used API and SERA test kits. To be precise
1. pH - 8.2 to 8.4 (API & Sera test kit)
2. Calcium - 420 to 450 (API test kit)
3. PO4 - approx 0 (Sera test kit)
4. Alkalinity - approx 8-10 dKH (API test kit)
5. Magnesium - approx 1300 ppm (Sera test kit)

NEW RED SEA CORAL PRO SALT -

Physical Appearance

1. The salt is powdery in appearance, the granules r very fine, appearance very similar to talcum powder we use.
2. Dissolves in seconds ( It is a good property, but too good in Indian market at too low price is also a concern)
3. The water does not warms up much while dissolving.

Test results

I had variable test results at specific gravity 1.025- 1.026 and when the salt is dissolved in RO water. I have used API and SERA test kits. I had tested this salt approx 8 to 10 times taking product from 3 different vendors. The test results are

1. pH - 7.5 to 8.0 (API & Sera test kit)
2. Calcium - approx 400 (API test kit)
3. PO4 - 2 to 15 (Sera test kit)
4. Alkalinity - approx 7-8 dKH (API test kit)
5. Magnesium - have not tested for magnesium.

The results with the new Red Sea salt varied from bucket to bucket, and the difference was huge.

Price:

The price of the old salt was Rs 1250 to Rs 1300 per 7 Kg bucket. But after the arrival of the new salt the price suddenly dropped to Rs 1000 to Rs 1050 in local market. No logical conclusion can be done from drop in price but our instinct says if there is a sudden drop in price of a product which is in demand and the supply is almost same then there might be foul play in the system.

Observations from my tanks : As I had bought those 3 buckets so I had to use them. The observations from my tank are

1. Decrease in growth rate of Acropora.
2. Irregular opening of open brain coral (both red and green)
3. Decrease in growth rate of branching frog spawn coral.
3. Decrease in growth rate and multiplication of snails
4. Decrease in spreading of Coraline algae.

After this observations I have stopped using Red Sea Coral Pro salt. Frankly speaking, till now I haven't found any reliable salt which can replace OLD RED SEA salt because of its price and quality.

Truth/ Rumor (I have only heard this from various people in salt water field): I had heard that the Red Sea Coral Pro salt in imported separately in bags and the plastic container in separate cartoon. The salt is actually box packed in India. During this packaging local people are mixing self made salts with the original salt and then packing them in the 7 Kg container.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
krishnendu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby JIT2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:36 am

@Krishnendu,
Thank you for sharing your personal test results & experience about 'RED SEA CORAL PRO SALT'.
I also heard that few people mixing local salts with Red sea salt and repacking it before hit the market.
Now requesting you to please check the quality of 'RED SEA CORAL PRO SALT' shouted by 'Aquaticlife' & share with us.
Surajit Ghosh
JIT2010
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby el batty » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:21 am

eye opener indeed.
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Postby Aquaticlife » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:09 am

krishneneda
acant believe po4 level , because i test his tnak po4 level then po4 was .64, he haven't po4 reactor media , or methyl and Assitic acid based product . so i cant beliv u.

( It is a good property, but too good in Indian market at too low price is also a concern)
sorry bos in inter national market u also see Instant Ocean and Red Sea coral pro became the most sealing brand where sea chem and neo marine ( nearly same price )..
in India ocean free salt also available cheapest salt in this industry so why they cant create a good market.
I need some time to cheek my salt because i haven't any .
Aquaticlife
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby krishnendu » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:21 am

Aquaticlife wrote:krishneneda
acant believe po4 level , because i test his tnak po4 level then po4 was .64, he haven't po4 reactor media , or methyl and Assitic acid based product . so i cant beliv u.

( It is a good property, but too good in Indian market at too low price is also a concern)
sorry bos in inter national market u also see Instant Ocean and Red Sea coral pro became the most sealing brand where sea chem and neo marine ( nearly same price )..
in India ocean free salt also available cheapest salt in this industry so why they cant create a good market.
I need some time to cheek my salt because i haven't any .

It dose not matter whether a Red Sea whole seller agrees with my test results or not, my post might be helpful to fellow hobbyist who are trying hard to set up a beautiful and healthy marine tank.

However, i tried to point out that the NEW RED SEA SALT parameters vary hugely bucket to bucket. You may have a PO4 reading of .64 (Please tell us which test kit you have used which shows such precise and accurate value up to 2 decimal points unless you have used digital kit) with your sample, then consider yourself lucky.
krishnendu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

PreviousNext

Return to Saltwater Chemistry