Fake marine salt..

Whats going on in your reef tank water
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Fake marine salt..

Postby krishnendu » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:31 am

Achintya wrote:agree with kesto da. even this sunday i saw a buyer bought this salt at that quoted price!!!i think we merely find original aquatic products at gallif.isn't it??

Well I won't say all products which are available in gallif are fake , I have found Red Sea salt ( only from last year) to be fake and few fish food products not fake but expired.
krishnendu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby Achintya » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:32 am

yes,some priducts are fake and some have expired date!!!
The Best Revenge is Massive Success
Achintya
KAC Senior Member
KAC Senior Member

Postby Rocky » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:59 am

krishnendu wrote:
Achintya wrote:agree with kesto da. even this sunday i saw a buyer bought this salt at that quoted price!!!i think we merely find original aquatic products at gallif.isn't it??

Well I won't say all products which are available in gallif are fake , I have found Red Sea salt ( only from last year) to be fake and few fish food products not fake but expired.

Yes, above is the reason that products available in Gallif Street market is cheap and tons of hobbyist prefer to buy products from there!

BTW, Distributor's wholesale price for RED SEA Coral Pro Salt - 7kg bucket is Rs. 1165/- excluding Tax, Handling and Transportation charges.
When we sold the original salt for Rs 1550/-, people started telling that our prices are too high, same product is available in Gallif for 1000/- or so.
Boss, let me inform you, If you want duplicate Coral Pro salt, I can sell that for 700/- ... any takers??? ......... BTW, we dont sell duplicate products as been in with the contract we have with the distributors!

We still sell original Red Sea Coral Pro Salt, 7kg @ 1550/- and other Red Sea products purchased directly from the India distributor. If one need to see the proper Tax paid bill and distributor's certificate for being original, contact us.

Let me tell you the distributor's wholesale price once again for one another product available at Gallif Street at cheap price and that product is TETRA Bits. Distributor's wholesale price is Rs. 980/- for 1000ml + 20% extra (1250ml) for TETRA Bits which one can easily get for 650-700 in Gallif Street and you know how it is happening, the available product is of expiry date and has been reprinted with a new expiry date or even with no expiry date!

There are many stories with many top selling products and brands like, HIKARI, TETRA, OCEAN FREE, AZOO, SEACHEM, RED SEA, API and many others available at Gallif Street. Beware about it and rethink about it before you make any purchase from there!

And yes, one more thing........ people sitting in the Gallif Street also sell used filters, lights, skimmers, air pumps etc packed in original and new boxes.
Want to know more about it, visit Howrah and hunt down for it, you will see it personally with your own naked eyes!
Rocky

Postby soumyadipta9 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:27 am

Rocky wrote:
krishnendu wrote:

Yes, above is the reason that products available in Gallif Street market is cheap and tons of hobbyist prefer to buy products from there!

BTW, Distributor's wholesale price for RED SEA Coral Pro Salt - 7kg bucket is Rs. 1165/- excluding Tax, Handling and Transportation charges.
When we sold the original salt for Rs 1550/-, people started telling that our prices are too high, same product is available in Gallif for 1000/- or so.
Boss, let me inform you, If you want duplicate Coral Pro salt, I can sell that for 700/- ... any takers??? ......... BTW, we dont sell duplicate products as been in with the contract we have with the distributors!

We still sell original Red Sea Coral Pro Salt, 7kg @ 1550/- and other Red Sea products purchased directly from the India distributor. If one need to see the proper Tax paid bill and distributor's certificate for being original, contact us.

Let me tell you the distributor's wholesale price once again for one another product available at Gallif Street at cheap price and that product is TETRA Bits. Distributor's wholesale price is Rs. 980/- for 1000ml + 20% extra (1250ml) for TETRA Bits which one can easily get for 650-700 in Gallif Street and you know how it is happening, the available product is of expiry date and has been reprinted with a new expiry date or even with no expiry date!

There are many stories with many top selling products and brands like, HIKARI, TETRA, OCEAN FREE, AZOO, SEACHEM, RED SEA, API and many others available at Gallif Street. Beware about it and rethink about it before you make any purchase from there!

And yes, one more thing........ people sitting in the Gallif Street also sell used filters, lights, skimmers, air pumps etc packed in original and new boxes.
Want to know more about it, visit Howrah and hunt down for it, you will see it personally with your own naked eyes!

Hmm. None of the foods I bought from Galiff have any kind of expiry date whatsoever...

And, the Tetra Bits we usually see in the market are sold by weight aren't they ? (like 30 gm pack, 70 gm pack etc.)
I haven't bought it in a while so I might be wrong..
Deep

--I solemnly swear I'm up to no good--
soumyadipta9
KAC Freak
KAC Freak

Postby Achintya » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:29 pm

agree with rocky da,and thanx for this price list here. i also think that tetra bits is one of famous fake food in gallif market.your hand becomes orangish when you soak TB with water. i suffered a lot about this tetra bits. also todays bloodworms original pack is much different than gallif grade packing. i'll show pictures of fake and original todays bloodworms pack.
The Best Revenge is Massive Success
Achintya
KAC Senior Member
KAC Senior Member

Postby Boomer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Initially one would not face any trouble because it will mix very well in water. But on a long term basis it would result in deteriorating condition of tank. So beware of Red Sea Salt...

Sure am not sticking up for any fake salt but:

1. Well mixing is not a good sign or bad sign of a salt mix and is an old myth. Dissolution of any salt mix is controlled by : Initial pH, Alk, Ca++, Mg++, SO4-, Cl-, hydration rate of the "salts" (how much water the dry salt components have in them. Some salt mixes are as high a 17 % water. At ~ 17% that means that if you weighed out 35 grams and dissolved it in 965 ml of RO/DI water the Salinity would only be ~29 ppt.) and grain size.

2. One does not know how bad it is or may not be without a full chem assay.
If you See Me Running You Better Catch-Up

An explosion can be defined as a loud noise, accompanied by the sudden going away of things, from a place where they use to be.
Boomer
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Tirtha » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Boomer wrote:Initially one would not face any trouble because it will mix very well in water. But on a long term basis it would result in deteriorating condition of tank. So beware of Red Sea Salt...

1. Well mixing is not a good sign or bad sign of a salt mix and is an old myth. Dissolution of any salt mix is controlled by : Initial pH, Alk, Ca++, Mg++, SO4-, Cl-, hydration rate of the "salts" (how much water the dry salt components have in them. Some salt mixes are as high a 17 % water. At ~ 17% that means that if you weighed out 35 grams and dissolved it in 965 ml of RO/DI water the Salinity would only be ~29 ppt.) and grain size.

Welcome to KAC Boomer. heard a lot about you from Rohan. thanks a lot for joining. Members surely will be enefited. Please share your experience and knowledge with us so we can learn from you. Will look forward to see you regular in our forum. :)
Regards,
Tirtha

A Bad Attitude is like a Flat Tyre. You cannot go anywhere until you change it.
Tirtha
Admin
Admin

Postby Boomer » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome Tirtha :)
If you See Me Running You Better Catch-Up

An explosion can be defined as a loud noise, accompanied by the sudden going away of things, from a place where they use to be.
Boomer
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby krishnendu » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:55 am

Boomer wrote:Initially one would not face any trouble because it will mix very well in water. But on a long term basis it would result in deteriorating condition of tank. So beware of Red Sea Salt...

Hi Boomer,
Welcome to KAC.

You are absolutely right regarding the salt mix theory. I have just tried to compare the old Red Sea Salt(original) with the new Red Sea Salt (fake)by physical evidence.
krishnendu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Previous

Return to Saltwater Chemistry