mix the marine salt properly

Whats going on in your reef tank water
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

mix the marine salt properly

Postby khoka1234 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:20 pm

First i thanks all the marine keepers they help me a lot here in KAC
but reason for this post is plz correcting me if i made any mistake.

And i request to you all respected members plz post on the basis of only a FOWRL setup, no future reef, and planing for keep fish like butterfly and othef that unfriendly with corals.

As my setup is a FOWLR so salinity neede is 1.020 i think its enough plz correct me if i do mistake.

How i mix the salt. (procedure)

i pour the 20 ltr RO water in a bucket and add salt and mix until the salinity shows 1.020 but the salt didnot mixwell some remain in the bottom of the bucket.

Again do same but the salt didnot mix properly remain a little quantity of salt in the bottom of the bucket.

Third time i use normal filter water and do same and in this time also, some salt remain in the botom of the bucket.

Thats all i do mix the water
only 60 ltr

after 12 hours some sediment remains
after 24 houra still it remains
after 36 hiurs i siphon the sediment and try to mix it with hand but still it didnt mix
The quantity of sediment is about 1 teaspoon

tank capacity may be 80 to 90 liter didnot calculate.
Only use 60 liter cause latter i add live sand and rocks and the level may be rise

Plz correct me if i do any mistake
with regards

khoka

.......every thing is possible......nothing is impossible.... i do "nothing" everyday........
khoka1234
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: mix the marine salt properly

Postby mithun » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:07 pm

dont worry about sediments.. almost all salts leave some sediments.. its not only salt but also the water that is responsible for the sediment.. just pur out the clear water

salt mixing procedure(simpler one)
------------------------------------------
calculation is 30L water per 1 KG of salt.. (approximate.. may vary from salt to salt, read direction behind the packet)
mix water with salt in tank or in a big container, let powerhead run for 2 hours.. after 24 hours check salinity if its low add some more salt, if salinity is high add some more water and let the powerhead run for another 6-10 hours.. use the air nozzle of the powerhead to aerate the water at the same time(if powerhead supports).. after desired salinity is found add that water in tank very slowly..
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: mix the marine salt properly

Postby khoka1234 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:32 pm

@ mithun da suppose my tank capasity is 200 liter and i had container of 50 litr
then what is the better procedure?
Mix the salt in the tank or in the container?
If in container then i have to pour the salted water in to tank for four times and every 50 ltr i use to check the salinity.
So what is the best procedure plz tel me..
with regards

khoka

.......every thing is possible......nothing is impossible.... i do "nothing" everyday........
khoka1234
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Return to Saltwater Chemistry