Marine Salt

Whats going on in your reef tank water
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Marine Salt

Postby mithun » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:19 pm

it will not work.. by mixing the slt into RO water would need Salinity of the mixture to rise such an extent that after mixing that with normal filtered water the salinity to come down to 1.020 range would be difficult as RO mix salinity will need to in the range of 1.030+, this salt would not go that far in dissolving.. I advise you ignore the little pessipitates as you are making FOWLR. its basically some metal carbonate (possibly mag) that got excess in soln and pessipitated.. Your saltwater mix is still good without it..
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby khoka1234 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:08 pm

mithun wrote:it will not work.. by mixing the slt into RO water would need Salinity of the mixture to rise such an extent that after mixing that with normal filtered water the salinity to come down to 1.020 range would be difficult as RO mix salinity will need to in the range of 1.030+, this salt would not go that far in dissolving.. I advise you ignore the little pessipitates as you are making FOWLR. its basically some metal carbonate (possibly mag) that got excess in soln and pessipitated.. Your saltwater mix is still good without it..

This is called guidence ^:)^
Thankxx a lot mithun da
with regards

khoka

.......every thing is possible......nothing is impossible.... i do "nothing" everyday........
khoka1234
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby khoka1234 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Mithun da the water get little cloudy how i rid of it???
with regards

khoka

.......every thing is possible......nothing is impossible.... i do "nothing" everyday........
khoka1234
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:43 pm

that means the salt has not completely dissolved yet.. let it mix with a powerhead for atleast a day , it will clear out
Mithun
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby khoka1234 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:48 pm

mithun wrote:that means the salt has not completely dissolved yet.. let it mix with a powerhead for atleast a day , it will clear out

@ mithun da i use top filter. ... Is any problem with it??
with regards

khoka

khoka1234
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:10 pm

no but watch out.. top filter gets clogged faster due to salt deposit.. if you dont check regularly one day u will find ur top filter over flowing and ur tank empty :P
Mithun

mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby khoka1234 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:16 pm

mithun wrote:no but watch out.. top filter gets clogged faster due to salt deposit.. if you dont check regularly one day u will find ur top filter over flowing and ur tank empty :P

Dada i rid of it, always put the TF in a appropiate position, if the TF over flows then all water are dropped into the tank
I have erliar experiance in fresh water tank with TF over flow....
with regards

khoka

khoka1234
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Previous

Return to Saltwater Chemistry