Hailea chiller query

Talk about Reef lighting, Filtration, Chillers etc
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Hailea chiller query

Postby pbasuray » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi Friends,

I have a few queries about Hailea HC-300A. Would be really helpful if anyone who has used this would share their thoughts -
1. What is the approximate electric consumption (wattage/cost) for running this chiller. My tank temperature goes up to 32C and I want to reduce it to 27-28C.
2. Is the warm air exhaust from the chiller strong enough make a big difference to ambient the room temperature?
3. Finally, I have a FOWLR with clown/tang/angel/wrasse. As per last summer, I have seen the tank temperature reach 32C even after using fans. Is it really necessary for me to use a chiller? (I have a protein skimmer which should compensate for oxygen loss to some extent).

Thanks,
Partha
pbasuray
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Hailea chiller query

Postby krishnendu » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:01 pm

1. The electric consumption of the chiller depends on many factors

a. water volume
b. the temp diff it has to control. ( as you said the avg temp of your tank is 32 deg and you want it to reduce to 27 deg)
c. the ambiance of the room (humid/ dry/ presence of air circulation through windows/...etc)

From my experience I would say the average electricity consumption will be around Rs 500 to Rs 600 in March- April and it may go upto Rs. 2000 to 2500 in peak summer, considering Kolkata's hot and humid weather.

2. The hot air from chiller will make the room hot, it is very imp to keep the setup near an exhaust window or there should be good provision of air circulation in the room.

3. For a FOWLR setup, chiller is not required.
krishnendu
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Amitayus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Today I had a talk with Ashokda and he said it'll be Rs 500-600 in summer. :-\
Amitayus
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby rahul » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Amitayus wrote:Today I had a talk with Ashokda and he said it'll be Rs 500-600 in summer. :-\

=)) =))
if it was really 500 rs electricity bill i would have bought it by now .but its not so easy to say.i have seen people yelling about bills costing not just 2000-3000 but in 10s. ;)
and cant trust shopkeepers like these.
and agree with kestoda ,it depends on a lot of factors.
rahul

Postby xarg0n » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:38 am

it also depends on capacity of the compressor. just like a thermostat heater how frequent the chiller is switching itself on and off to maintain the temperature. instead of 300A if you go for 500A/C your electricity bill will be less in the long run (provided tank volume is constant)
I would any day vote one time large investment over reccurring hefty bills every month ;)
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself !" --Nepoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
Dedicated KAC Member
Dedicated KAC Member

Return to Reef Lighting & Equipments