nano chiller

Talk about Reef lighting, Filtration, Chillers etc
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

nano chiller

Postby bunty123 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:19 pm

so its getting too hot here and saltwater aquarists are more concerned as the fishes ant other inverts are very sensitive to high temperature.in the net i read that a fowlr tank should have a max of 28'C .though my fishes are behaving normal,but i think i should find ways to lower the temperature in the tank.......someone suggested me dolphin 788 chiller but most of the places i ask they say no such small skimmers exist.....what is the remedy cause unlike freshwater tanks i cant put in chunks of ice or float chilled bottles cause that would change the salinity.....if i get some ways to lower the temp i might also keep some other stuff :D ....by the way i was using a chasis fan but it recently stopped working.the tank is placed in my bedroom so ac runs at night and afternoon but rest of the time the tank remains at 30'C..today it had reached 32'C...what do kac people suggest here...
Regards from Abhirup Bandopadhyay
3.3 gallon planted>ada amazonia>eheim 2211>pressurised co2
50 litre marine tank
bunty123
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: nano chiller

Postby Sunny » Thu May 01, 2014 5:31 am

bunty123 wrote:so its getting too hot here and saltwater aquarists are more concerned as the fishes ant other inverts are very sensitive to high temperature.in the net i read that a fowlr tank should have a max of 28'C .

FOWLR tank can withstand temps of 30-32'C but for a coral tank 28'C is the strict cut off

bunty123 wrote:though my fishes are behaving normal,but i think i should find ways to lower the temperature in the tank.......someone suggested me dolphin 788 chiller but most of the places i ask they say no such small skimmers exist....

did you mean small chillers ??

bunty123 wrote:the tank is placed in my bedroom so ac runs at night and afternoon but rest of the time the tank remains at 30'C..today it had reached 32'C...what do kac people suggest here...
a word of precaution my friend, frequent changes in the temperature is much more devastating than a long term gradual increase in temperature.
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.
<Eminem>

The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.
<Morgan Freeman>
Sunny
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Roon » Fri May 02, 2014 7:17 pm

I agree with what Sunny had to say. Anyways, a friend of mine is thinking of selling his chiller a Hailea HS-90A (HC-500A). If you need it, I can talk to him.
Roon
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby LordEon » Sat May 03, 2014 7:30 am

bunty123 wrote:what is the remedy cause unlike freshwater tanks i cant put in chunks of ice or float chilled bottles cause that would change the salinity.....

I agree putting chunks of ice will change the salinity but how does the salinity of water can change by floating chilled water bottles with their caps on? Can you help ne understand.
Sudipta
LordEon
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Return to Reef Lighting & Equipments