marine lfs in kolkata

Be a responsible reefer
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

marine lfs in kolkata

Postby bambi » Wed May 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Can somebody provide me the info as to where can I buy marine live items in Kolkata and in@ reasonable price???
3 planted setups, 2 cichlid tanks, 2 betta setups, 1 turtle tank, 1 nano marine cube.
bambi
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: marine lfs in kolkata

Postby SanamMarik » Mon May 15, 2017 9:53 am

@el batty da/ @mithun da...
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby mithun » Mon May 15, 2017 11:45 am

Marine works well in a non-lfs manner in India.. you will get very minimal stock if you visit a LFS randomly and then they will butcher u with exorbitant price.. you have to build up contacts and then u will get on road/target-visit stuff in marine! u can contact Bubai Nag, Asok khan etc for livestock! I wont recommend splashing meadows if you are looking for stuff at reasonable price!
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby SanamMarik » Mon May 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Dada, now a days we get fishes and occasionally anemones too at Galiff...
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby SanamMarik » Mon May 15, 2017 5:52 pm

for the coral and mushroom and any other frags or some live sand or smthing, i guess a hobbyist can help the best :)
Since Batty da is having a running setup in Kol, he may be able to help out or atleast give some references....
@el batty...
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby el batty » Mon May 15, 2017 6:19 pm

as mithun da said, lfs having marine setups will pick up the extra expenses from you through costs!

depending upon the type of livestock, i can provide you some references. In this section of the hobby, references matter. If you go upto a person and ask for inverts, chances are tipping towards his denial. But if you go to him and say this and this person said i can find this and that from you, its a different matter then. You get the drift i think.

Depending upton your location, you can find some pretty good sellers closeby. I stay in extreme north and one seller is in extreme south...its inconvenient. So, share your venue and requirements, we will try our best to guide you.
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Postby bambi » Tue May 16, 2017 9:25 am

el batty wrote:as mithun da said, lfs having marine setups will pick up the extra expenses from you through costs!

depending upon the type of livestock, i can provide you some references. In this section of the hobby, references matter. If you go upto a person and ask for inverts, chances are tipping towards his denial. But if you go to him and say this and this person said i can find this and that from you, its a different matter then. You get the drift i think.

Depending upton your location, you can find some pretty good sellers closeby. I stay in extreme north and one seller is in extreme south...its inconvenient. So, share your venue and requirements, we will try our best to guide you.

I stay near Jadavpur... I was looking for anemones... The bubble tip variety and some cleaner crews for my algae growth... It is my immediate need as of now... Please share contacts and it would be very helpful... Thanks in advance....
3 planted setups, 2 cichlid tanks, 2 betta setups, 1 turtle tank, 1 nano marine cube.
bambi
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby bambi » Tue May 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Another question... What is the max temperature an anemone can stay in??? My tank is near 26 degrees after I installed a fan...

Sent from my Micromax A102 using Tapatalk
bambi
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby el batty » Wed May 17, 2017 7:16 am

bubbletips can easily withstand around 28.
but 26 in this summer? ac room or chiller?
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Postby bambi » Wed May 17, 2017 7:27 am

el batty wrote:bubbletips can easily withstand around 28.
but 26 in this summer? ac room or chiller?

Its a dark room on the first floor... Before the fan the temperature was about 29 degrees now it varies from 26-27... No ac no chiller... And the contacts for the suppliers for the inverts???
bambi
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Next

Return to Saltwater Discussion