negro clown lying sideways.

Be a responsible reefer
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

negro clown lying sideways.

Postby bambi » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:25 am

I am new to the marine hobby. I have got a negro clown that has been lying on its side and breathing heavily for a day or two. He isn't feeding... What could be the problem and remedy to treat him??? 10 gallon with live rocks. Other fishes are doing fine though...
3 planted setups, 2 cichlid tanks, 2 betta setups, 1 turtle tank, 1 nano marine cube.
bambi
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: negro clown lying sideways.

Postby stefanm » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:25 am

The laying down and not eating is due to stress, it could be from water parameters, parasites or something internal. If you have access to an microscope, it could be worth taking a scrape and viewing a slide. Otherwise you would need to isolate and medicate, I would imagine some parasite is over powering him.
stefanm
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby arindam77 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:49 am

I don't want to be rude, but put the question in your "nano reef tank" thread, and the timeline will answer your question, perhaps. Setup on 16th March, First Fish on 31st March, Mono Angel on 9th Apr and now problem on 12th Apr. I am no expert in saltwater, but nanos are much more delicate. You should still be cycling your tank, WITHOUT FISH, and you promised it.

And another thing, get that Mono Angel out of the nano.
arindam77
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby stefanm » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:21 am

^^As above, just read your thread, you shouldn't even have any fish in your tank, most likely ammonia or nitrite levels are high and the fish are being poisoned. Your best bet is to take him back to the shop and see if the shop can save him, chances are slim.
stefanm
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby bambi » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:19 pm

arindam77 wrote:I don't want to be rude, but put the question in your "nano reef tank" thread, and the timeline will answer your question, perhaps. Setup on 16th March, First Fish on 31st March, Mono Angel on 9th Apr and now problem on 12th Apr. I am no expert in saltwater, but nanos are much more delicate. You should still be cycling your tank, WITHOUT FISH, and you promised it.

And another thing, get that Mono Angel out of the nano.

Got the mono out right away... I think the mono infected the clown... Sorry the clown died.... It was due to my negligence... Now doing a fish less cycle with a turbo to curb the algae... Wouldn't think of putting in a fish for aa fortnight atleast... So just laying low pondering on the mistakes...
3 planted setups, 2 cichlid tanks, 2 betta setups, 1 turtle tank, 1 nano marine cube.
bambi
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby indracalcutta93 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:53 am

Sorry for your loss. Its really very sad to lose even one creature, be it a pet fish or other dear one.
indracalcutta93
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Aayaan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:01 am

:-@ The truth will always prevail no matter what & that is, we hardly take heed to advice and end up learning through our personal experience. That is just human nature, no one's fault actually :-B :D .
Aayaan
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Return to Saltwater Discussion