Starting my first aquarium, reef tank.

Be a responsible reefer
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Starting my first aquarium, reef tank.

Postby kumar » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:02 am

way to go!!

How many watts is it going to be over that heatsink? and do you plan to add a fan over it too? Is that white material acrylic or teflon?
i luv fish + u luv fis=we luv wish

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby stefanm » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:08 pm

The housings are laser cut acrylic, each pendant can do theoretically 101.5 watts, though the max as i'm under driving them would be around 90 watts, the LDD drivers were bought from the indian distributor, they were quite cheap, the mean well PSU I had bought from industry buying, though it's now in stock with the distributor at the cheapest price anywhere.

Right now I'm doing my aquascape with my diy rocks, hopefully finish tonight....
I've decided to go bare bottom, though I might make a faux sand bed with epoxy and sand, more to follow...
stefanm
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby stefanm » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm

I have a fan also which will switch on or off as per the temperature that I set, hopefully it'll no be used much, these heat sinks are quite beefy, quite cheap also from I think perfect metal in Bangalore, very easy to deal with.
stefanm
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby kumar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:47 am

stefanm wrote:The housings are laser cut acrylic, each pendant can do theoretically 101.5 watts, though the max as i'm under driving them would be around 90 watts, the LDD drivers were bought from the indian distributor, they were quite cheap, the mean well PSU I had bought from industry buying, though it's now in stock with the distributor at the cheapest price anywhere.

Right now I'm doing my aquascape with my diy rocks, hopefully finish tonight....
I've decided to go bare bottom, though I might make a faux sand bed with epoxy and sand, more to follow...

that must be a great deal! is it fine for you to share the details of the distributor, and does he entertain retail purchase?
I think you should add more pictures now ;) because cant zoom much onto your table to see the SMPS etc
i luv fish + u luv fis=we luv wish

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby stefanm » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:36 pm

Aquascape done, right now in freshwater, my well water is rather turbid, I don't like the look without sand, I think 10 kg sand would suffice.

I've asked my glass supplier to find me a piece of low iron glass, the green tint really bugs me!

As for the mean well kit the distributor is nippon India (Google them), you'll need a GST no. I don't have so I used a supplies 1no. With his permission.

IMG_20171206_192035-1040x780-676x507.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stefanm
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Previous

Return to Saltwater Discussion