Newbie Question

Be a responsible reefer
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Newbie Question

Postby drnayeem » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:41 am

Newbie Questions....
Hello everyone,
Am an absolute Newbie in Marine aquarium keeping,
I had a try 3 years ago, but failed miserably coz of lack of guidance and wrong guidance .
Giving one more try this time hopefully with proper guidance will succeed.
I have a 28 Gallon tank, right not with RO/DI water , salt added to a specific gravity of 1.020 .
Have added coral sand and am running a Canister filter ( As I have no place for Sump) with Sponge, ceramic rings. Aqua Clay , Activated Charcoal ( and plan to add Seachem Purigen once I add live stock)
Going in for a fishless cycle so am adding liquid ammonia to make 5ppm concentration
It's the second day .....

My Question,
1. Am I on the right track?
2. Plan to add live rock soon would it be the right thing ?

Any additives you experts would suggest to keep handy before i get the live stock

Awaiting expert comments and suggestions

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk
drnayeem
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Newbie Question

Postby bappa » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:10 am

if possible add some setup photos..
Thanks
BAPPA....

Math. The only place where people buy 60 watermelons and no one wonders why....:)
bappa
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Re: Newbie Question

Postby indracalcutta93 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:05 pm

My tank is only 8 months old and I think I may be also a newbie.
But in this small time what ever experiences I have gathered, important one is that, in marine, pure water as reef is must.

At first I have tried to get at least 10 TDS packaged drinking water ( 20 Ltrs. bottle ) from local suppliers but failed. They are selling more than 90 TDS water. So I have to made one RO filter for my aquarium ( DIY).( It could be used for home use also, you may not know.)

I have got tremendous help In this forum to built it. At first it seems to be very costly ( nearly Rs. 7000/-).
In long run it have proved itself to be be a God send. In these Eight months It have supplied my Top Up water regularly ( 2.5 Ltrs. of 10 TDS everyday, since my tank is 650 Ltr.)+ 750 Ltrs. tank water + for Water Changes of 30 % X 2 times ( approx. 1800 Ltrs. Total). I have not faced any green hair algae problems till now.
Welcome into this wonderful Forum .And wish you a very exciting marine journey .
indracalcutta93
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Return to Saltwater Discussion