Help getting some live rocks

Be a responsible reefer
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Help getting some live rocks

Postby fabo_g5 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Guys i am starting a new FOWLR, i am finding it extremely difficult to track anyone selling LRs, even my LFS is unable.
Can anyone suggest me some seller who can help me, i stay in bhubaneswar. can anyone provide me with any specific contact details?
fabo_g5
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Help getting some live rocks

Postby Murtazadhanera » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:14 pm

Or simply try MarinePure block its replacement for liverock. Better surface area then any media in the market. One 8*8*4 inch block has usbale surface area of 23000 sq ft. It has biofilm technology. It does not clog. comparision with indian live rock one block equivalent to 50 kg of lr
Google for more info for marinepure.
And BTW whoever ships you the LR away from Bhubaneswar would only stay alive for few hours.
Hence when it might reach you it would be dead.
Murtazadhanera
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Aayaan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi fabo_g5.
Do you have anyone within your reach who already has a marine tank with rocks. This is risky though that in this way you will allow the unwanted stuffs from the lender's tank into yours. But otherwise if cannot locate a genuine liverock dealer, it's the best option possible given the country we live in. No sarcasm.
I , as anyone would suggest , would ask you to buy deadrocks to fill your tank with and then borrow or buy a few liverocks . Even if you don't find any don't worry, look for living stuffs like some coral or anemone coming from the ocean stuck to a piece of rock.
Aayaan
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Aayaan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:43 pm

And...one doesn't need a real liverock to start a marine tank. The devitrifying bacteria that eventually colonise within the rocks is more than enough for marine life to thrive if you can keep your water quality fine.
Buy a few snails with even tiny specs of coralline algae on them and Viola, you have live rocks. What else do we need to be happy.
Cheers.
Aayaan
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby xargar » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:57 am

I can provide you live rocks with coralline algae . Please mail me on care@aquatickart.in or whatsapp 9906688629
xargar
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby fabo_g5 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:15 pm

@ Aayaan thanks for your suggestion. Actually i am planning for that only, but in bhubaneswar its very difficult to find a source of LR. Do you have a marine setup?
fabo_g5
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Return to Saltwater Discussion