Back to Kolkata

Be a responsible reefer
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Back to Kolkata

Postby MRB » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:43 am

Hey Salty Folks,

Finally after 9 years I am coming back to Kolkata with a transfer that I have been fighting for since the past 3 years ;)

While I was on an official trip last month to kolkata, I checked out a few shops that sell marine like fancy aquarium in cit road, needless to say the stock sucks and the price off the roof.

Need your help in establishing contacts with people who do not rip off. I used to think Bangalore was expensive but here is what I pay for common ones here in Bangalore,

YTB damsels - (P similaris) Rs 120 - you can find my reply to Deep123's post here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4175
Jewel wrrasse - Rs 250
Thalasoma lunare - rs 350
Juvi Koran - Pomacanthus semicirculatus - Rs1600 and adult Rs1100.
Emperror angel (P Imperator) adult and juvi Rs3800
Ampherion Sebae - Rs120
Amphirion Clarki - Rs 600
Acanthurus Mata - Rs 250

but when I enquired about them in Kolkata the prices were 3 times than that of Bangalore.

Red Sea per Kg in Kolkata is 450 but I buy it for Rs750 for a 4 kg bag in Bangalore and it's not the repacked kolathur stuff.

Much to my dismay I am now feeling that moving back to Kolkata may be a wrong decision as far as my hobbby is concerned, being in it for the last 17 years (salt Water Aquariums), I will not let go of it, hell no.
Request forum members like Mithun Da, Krishnendu Da and others to help me with contacts of non cheating marine aquarium dealers in calcutta.

While I prepare for my final packing for the household goods by the transporter, below are a list of items that I have bought owing to the fact that I will have to restart and reseed again...

Red Sea 25 kg bucket
new membranes for Ro/DI
Spare lamps 6 nos for UV sterilizer
NLS marine formula - 4 nos
additional Master test kit for marine
additional ac dc pump
carib sea ARM coarse for my calci reactor - might not need it in cal - will do a fish only this time
Artificial reef inserts - with my schedule will find it difficult for corals - so none this time
Seachem Cupramine - I have had the best results with it in my existing quarantine system
Seachem Clarity
Prodibio - Bioptim and Biodigest
Biopellets -new pack
activated carbon - from shivajinagar @ rs 100 a kg - bought 5 kgs
API stresscoat Marine
API Melafix Marine

I am paying additional 6k from my pocket for the transporter in this case transworld to specially pack the aquarium and the sump in wooden container. They did a fab job when I was transferred to Bangalore from Pune, 5 yrs back. but this time just want to be sure.

Help needed from the forum in terms of good marine dealers and contact numbers. Since I will have to reseed again I would like to change the substrate completely, kinda bored with the existing mix of fiji pink and reeffbase. Need only fine grained crushed C (20 kgs) ( U know what I mean)

I will be there by Nov end and would like to meet up with members of this forum - finally a dream come true, please reserve some T shirts for me :ymhug:

Ciao and thanks in advance

MRB

FEAR = Face Every Thing And Rise
Last edited by MRB on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
MRB
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Back to Kolkata

Postby avik » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:50 am

I know that feeling..coming back to Kolkata and restarting the hobby, and meeting all the fellow KACians every weekend. Enjoy!! We are trying to arrange a meet in November, hopefully can meet you there.
avik
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby MRB » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:29 am

Yep, looking forward to it.
MRB
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby MRB » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:30 am

well this aquarium has moved with me on every transfer - you see cant part with it :-)
MRB
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby MRB » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:34 am

Whoaaaa. Isn't there anyone willing to help :-o :((
MRB
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby avik » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:39 am

Everyone is busy with the workshop. Why don't you attend the workshop and meet us all there!! :)
avik
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby MRB » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi Avik, thanks for the reply. As much as I would like to attend the workshop, I am in !angalore right now, getting ready to move to Kolkata, BTW when and where is it
MRB
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby avik » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:35 pm

Follow the banner.
avik
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Return to Saltwater Discussion