Making of an Office Desk Pico Planted tank

Document the life cycle of your planted tank in details step by step
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Making of an Office Desk Pico Planted tank

Postby SanamMarik » Mon May 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Dr.Avishek wrote:Nyc one sanam... Keep it up..

Thank you dada... :)
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby rk521437 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:43 pm

Dada aisi hi koi jadoo ki chhari mere tank par v ghuma dijiye...bohot meherbani hogi...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
rk521437
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby SanamMarik » Mon May 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Thanks bro..
Btw we spk only eng in here so dat people outside India can also read nd understand...plz edit nd update ur comment to eng...
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby Tirtha » Mon May 15, 2017 7:00 pm

Lovely Pico Sanam. Perfect plants health. But are you planning to keep it through the summer? Maintaining temp of such a small tank would be a challenge.
Regards,
Tirtha

A Bad Attitude is like a Flat Tyre. You cannot go anywhere until you change it.
Tirtha
Admin
Admin

Postby SanamMarik » Mon May 15, 2017 7:08 pm

Tirtha wrote:Lovely Pico Sanam. Perfect plants health. But are you planning to keep it through the summer? Maintaining temp of such a small tank would be a challenge.

thanks dada, I keep the pp at night and during the day ceiling fan operates all the time keeping the temp max at 32C which I chked today...
Also, in a month's time i plan to take out this glosso and put the native one I told you about...or I might make a new setup for the glosso sp Native...lets c what happens...will b a good learning experience in either case since its summer... :D :D
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby Tirtha » Mon May 15, 2017 7:16 pm

SanamMarik wrote:
Tirtha wrote:Lovely Pico Sanam. Perfect plants health. But are you planning to keep it through the summer? Maintaining temp of such a small tank would be a challenge.

thanks dada, I keep the pp at night and during the day ceiling fan operates all the time keeping the temp max at 32C which I chked today...
Also, in a month's time i plan to take out this glosso and put the native one I told you about...or I might make a new setup for the glosso sp Native...lets c what happens...will b a good learning experience in either case since its summer... :D :D

Growing Diandrum is a pain in the wrong place. All the best.
Regards,
Tirtha

A Bad Attitude is like a Flat Tyre. You cannot go anywhere until you change it.
Tirtha
Admin
Admin

Postby SanamMarik » Mon May 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Tirtha wrote:
SanamMarik wrote:

Growing Diandrum is a pain in the wrong place. All the best.

hahahaha =)) =)) =)) =)) wrong place.... =)) =)) =))
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby Raj » Fri May 19, 2017 7:41 am

What an inspiration..Such dedication to transport water from river! Using Ganges water is a very ingenious experiment.I would have thought it would contain more dissolved solutes than tap water but apparently its not so..or may be river water carries high amounts of tannins and acidic minerals which neutralize the hardness.

As for temperature,I have had fine results under 30-31 C with almost all plants I have tried to grow except HC Cuba,UG, and mosses and some delicate stem plants like Heternanthera Zoesterifolia.Most plants do particularly well at 26-28 C such as Rotala species and P.Helferi,Hydrocotyle,Echinodorus etc.CO2,and clean tank with low organics are more important since high temperature interferes in gaseous exchange.With glosso,I grew it in a sandy topped low organic soil substrate..it gave me good results for 2 months,at a temp. of 28C avg,but it deteriorated after that.May be it was because I messed with some parameters.I think if you'd add a fan you can lower the temperature it will be fine,but you will have to change water more regularly due to increased hardness of water since fan will evaporate at a high rate.

I hope you continue this wonderful experiment and dispel more myths regarding plants to ease the maintenance of planted tanks.
Raj
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby SanamMarik » Mon May 22, 2017 6:48 pm

actually wen we went on the trip to Purbasthali, we checked the parametrs of the place which used to be a part of the Ganges river..we had kh of & and tds of 150 arnd...we saw lots of plants there along with many shrimps and varieties of fishes...the info smhw came up one fine day again and I headed for Ganges to collect the water. but since the water is murky in general...i use drums to store thm first and thn make use of spare top filters..water becomes clear in 6-8hrs...and thn i use the water...

As an added bonus, i now have lots of wild caught fish fries from the river...while filling up the bottles at the river, fishes r getting captured too...m now thinking to make a Ganges river biotope as it would be quite easy to maintain the water params as I can collect fresh water from the river almost any day... :D
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby Raj » Tue May 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Ganges biotope...its time we too contributed to Make in India! :D
Raj
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Previous

Return to Journals