Desi Ferts-What are the Pros, Cons & Chemical Compositions?

Your plants need them
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Desi Ferts-What are the Pros, Cons & Chemical Compositio

Postby SanamMarik » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:01 pm

No idea, i stay at ichapur
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby Nikhil Sonar » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:54 am

Hey guy i have done lot of research for cheap dry fert and i found green leaf aquarium website is selling dry fert but not in india so i have xhecked what dry ferts they are selling for macro and micro so following is my observation
There fertilizer for estimated index E.I package contains
Macro
1. Potassium nitrate (kno3)
2. Mono potassium phosphate (KH2PO4)
3. Potassium sulphate (K2SO4)

Micro
1. Plantex Csm +B
2. Magnesium sulfate (MG2SO4)

now we are knowing our dry ferts and question will arise from where we get lab grade ferts so for this just go to Amazon and search for dry hydroponics ferts you get all three macro salt and one micro magnesium sulfate(Empsom salt, sandha namak) from there but plantex Cms+b is not available in india so we can use its substitute from Amazon it is Sitrus micro nutrient fertilizer with iron ,zn,cu,boron, maganese & molybdenum.
And buy one weighing machine for just rs300 it will help you later
Now 2nd question arises how to use and how much in different tanks and what is the measurements for dilution
Answer- now after getting your chemical and weighing machine visit this site rotalabuterfly.com
Step by step guide how to use rotalabuterfly.com
1. Click on nutrient dosing calculator
2. Click on my aquarium then select your aquarium volume in gallon or ltr
3. Click on my fertilizer are choose DIY
4. Select your compound
5. Select on solution
6. Select container size ( in which bottle you make your solution like 1 ltr bottle or 500ml bottle)
7. Dose size ( how much ml you want to dose in ur aquarium like 1ml or 2ml which is convenient to you)
8. I am calculating for estimated index
9. Auto
10 calculate

Now you will get how much chemical is to dislove in how much quantity of water and how much you have to dose your aquarium as per the estimated index.
I hope this will clear the concept of dry fert against costly liquid fertilizer with presicion and exempt the guess work
Sorry for the long post
Nikhil Sonar
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Dipankar » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Dear Nikhil
We all know what you said but I think you actually don't got the main point of the first post of Sanam. He is looking for the all raw materials used to make desi ferts like suphala. And its a very old post, may sanam find his answer within this period of time.
Dipankar
Die Hard KAC Fan
Die Hard KAC Fan

Postby SanamMarik » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:31 am

Nikhil Sonar wrote:Hey guy i have done lot of research for cheap dry fert and i found green leaf aquarium website is selling dry fert but not in india so i have xhecked what dry ferts they are selling for macro and micro so following is my observation
Macro

Micro
1. Plantex Csm +B

now we are knowing our dry ferts and question will arise from where we get lab grade ferts so for this just go to Amazon and search for dry hydroponics ferts you get all three macro salt and one micro magnesium sulfate(Empsom salt, sandha namak) from there but plantex Cms+b is not available in india so we can use its substitute from Amazon it is Sitrus micro nutrient fertilizer with iron ,zn,cu,boron, maganese & molybdenum.
Now 2nd question arises how to use and how much in different tanks and what is the measurements for dilution
Answer- now after getting your chemical and weighing machine visit this site rotalabuterfly.com
4. Select your compound
5. Select on solution
6. Select container size ( in which bottle you make your solution like 1 ltr bottle or 500ml bottle)
7. Dose size ( how much ml you want to dose in ur aquarium like 1ml or 2ml which is convenient to you)
9. Auto
10 calculate

Now you will get how much chemical is to dislove in how much quantity of water and how much you have to dose your aquarium as per the estimated index.
I hope this will clear the concept of dry fert against costly liquid fertilizer with presicion and exempt the guess work
Sorry for the long post

bro m using the macros fr a long time now and buy from shops here at Kol and I also have my own dosing calculator,,,dont worry ;)
other than the ones u mentioned, i use Ca(NO3)2 too at occasions for booting d Ca levels in softwater tanks while adding NO3 too...
Last edited by SanamMarik on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby SanamMarik » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:35 am

Dipankar wrote:Dear Nikhil
We all know what you said but I think you actually don't got the main point of the first post of Sanam. He is looking for the all raw materials used to make desi ferts like suphala. And its a very old post, may sanam find his answer within this period of time.

yes...they use mostly wat we use bt in wholesale nd fert grade, prices r v low nd dats how they sell at such low prices...cost of these chems vary a lot depending on the purity...dats how their are low and ours r so high... :(
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby kchakra » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:45 am

Hi All,
I am newer than novice in the field of aquarium science. Please excuse my excitement in replying ( if it is vague).
The conversion of urea in soil is like -
CO(NH₂)₂ +H₂O (in soil with urease enzyme)  (NH₄)₂CO₃
(NH₄)₂CO₃ +2H+ → 2 NH₄ + +CO₂ +H₂O
NH₄ + OH‐ → NH₃ +H₂O
Plant can generally take nitrogen in the form of ammonium (NH₄ +) and nitrate.
In planted tank, lack of urease enzyme will hinder the breakdown of urea in plant available forms. Besides, if broken down at all, ammonium ions produced will increase ammonia load which will further be converted to NO₂- and ultimately to NO₃- (the most desirous form of nitrogen in tank).
Hence, to my opinion N fertiliser to be applied should be in NO₃- form rather than NH₄ + form.
Incidentally this is my first post. Comments are welcome.
kchakra
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby SanamMarik » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:18 pm

its nt vague bt its away frm d topic. howevr, we cant use ammonium as it will cause algae to grow rapidly...reason being algae spore cant bloom with no3 and need ammonia initially...so for a planted tank, lesser d ammo bttr it is
Sanam Marik
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby Jyotirmoy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:11 am

Siddhartha saive wrote:Why are you looking for NPK mixes. The ratios are different than what we use for planted tanks and you can't control individual nutrient dosing as required.

Just buy the main macro fertilisers what you need from the agricultural stores. Much cheaper than lab grade ferts.
KNO3
KH2PO4
K2SO4
Mg2SO4
etc etc are all available at agricultural stores. Use them and dose as required.
Will be easier to calculate dosing and also cheap

Hi Sir,

with the above mentioned salts what ratio should be maintained for dosing? what will be the combination for a 200 L tank?

Thanks

Jyotirmoy
Jyotirmoy
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Nikhil Sonar » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:38 am

Nikhil Sonar wrote:Hey guy i have done lot of research for cheap dry fert and i found green leaf aquarium website is selling dry fert but not in india so i have xhecked what dry ferts they are selling for macro and micro so following is my observation
Macro

Micro
1. Plantex Csm +B

4. Select your compound
5. Select on solution
9. Auto
10 calculate

Sorry for the long post

Plz check dis joytirmoy

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Nikhil Sonar
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Jyotirmoy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:26 am

Thanks...but that website is down now
Jyotirmoy
New KAC Member
New KAC Member