ISTA co2 disposable set

Your plants need them
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

ISTA co2 disposable set

Postby ajinkyajin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi all! I setup a 1 footer nano planted tank approx 1 week ago.Have been using diy co2 of sugar and yeast but co2 pressure isnt constant at all,so I am thinking of getting ISTA disposable setup like this:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/ISTA-CO2-Diffuse ... SwaA5WhNG6
Just want to know if it is reliable or not.Just want to keep my nano away from algae as longer as possible :D

Flora:
Marsilea Hirsuta
Java Moss
Hair grass
Cabomba caroliniana

Fauna:
4 neon tetra
ajinkyajin
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: ISTA co2 disposable set

Postby hrishi007 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:28 am

For the plants which you currently have, diy Co2 will be sufficient. However, if you want a carpet like appearance of Hair grass, i would suggest go for a pressurised setup. As for the ISTA Co2 kit, you have to buy a new Co2 can once the old one is empty.
hrishi007
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby ajinkyajin » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:25 pm

hrishi007 wrote:For the plants which you currently have, diy Co2 will be sufficient. However, if you want a carpet like appearance of Hair grass, i would suggest go for a pressurised setup. As for the ISTA Co2 kit, you have to buy a new Co2 can once the old one is empty.

Ok.. Thanks for d reply bro.Is there any problem of algae with the above mentioned kit?
ajinkyajin
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby mr_feynman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:38 pm

what filter do you have?
Make sure you place the diffuser near max flow of water so that it can diffuse in right manner -- max gas-to-water contact w.r.t time!
mr_feynman
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby hrishi007 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:07 am

ajinkyajin wrote:
hrishi007 wrote:For the plants which you currently have, diy Co2 will be sufficient. However, if you want a carpet like appearance of Hair grass, i would suggest go for a pressurised setup. As for the ISTA Co2 kit, you have to buy a new Co2 can once the old one is empty.

Ok.. Thanks for d reply bro.Is there any problem of algae with the above mentioned kit?

The above kit is fine as long as there is consistent flow of co2. Algae happens because of imbalance of a lot of things in the aquarium. So i would suggest you provide medium lighting and co2.
hrishi007
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Return to CO2 and Fertilizers