Improved DIY CO2 setup (Using Baking Soda and Citric Acid)

Your plants need them
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Improved DIY CO2 setup (Using Baking Soda and Citric Aci

Postby zhi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Update.
I had purchased the D301 model and a 3 in 1 diffuser (ceramic..back flow checker and bubble counter) back in oct, 2015. I had set it up the same way as in the videos in this thread.
After a initial setup problem, the system had been running efficiently since last october. One cycle went on for approx 25+ days running at 1 bubble per 8-9 secs at about 25 to 35psi.
Its 3:38 in the morning..woke up to a rigorous fizzing sound... apparently the connecting pipe of the citric acid bottle to the soda bottle had thread like tears(due to 4 months of corrosion i guess) and it was leaking. So, will replace it and the system should work fine. The other pipe parts seem to be perfectly fine. No other leakage...valve control .. pressure drop problems etc.

Though it had cost me a steep initial investment of about 1400/- for the D301 model from banggood and the diffuser for about 600/- from ebay. I think it was worth it since i did not face any hassles after the initial setup problem and it will be giving me even more service ahead.

Initial setup problem - was that the pipe which was bringing in the citric acid sol. into the soda bottle should not be dipping into the soda sol. at any point of time( everyone seems to be aware of it and its evident in the diagrams found in this thread). Otherwise it causes pressure imbalance and the whole citric sol. flows into the soda bottle and the psi goes crazy.
~ life is what you make it...
zhi
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby SanamMarik » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:08 pm

neither have I faced any issues yet. and the setup costed me with diffuser for <1000rupees here at Kol and its running from Aug 15, 2015. I would suggest to rather go diy than buying from Banggood... :)
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby sarvagya80 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:50 am

can someone guide me to where i can buy citric acid? I tried Spencers and Big Bazar but no luck.
sarvagya80
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Rohan » Wed May 04, 2016 5:15 pm

Try Bakery Shops in New market.
Rohan

Postby nilotpal » Fri May 06, 2016 11:23 am

Spencers have that in loose spices area.
Thanks,
Nilotpal
nilotpal
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby zhi » Tue May 10, 2016 5:40 pm

You can get citric acid form your local "kerani" or " bhandar " which sell all types of stuff.. they wont have high quantity at the shop but you can tell them to get it for you. I get 1kg for 200 rupees.
~ life is what you make it...
zhi
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby ajinkyajin » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:57 pm

I have been using the yeast-sugar mix for my first planted nano but the pressure keeps fluctuating day by day.Should I go with this method?Should I buy the readymade kit or diy my own?
ajinkyajin
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Rohan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:27 pm

ajinkyajin wrote:I have been using the yeast-sugar mix for my first planted nano but the pressure keeps fluctuating day by day.Should I go with this method?Should I buy the readymade kit or diy my own?

We had all made the DIY version so you can do it too. Get the stuffs locally and make a system!!
Rohan

Postby cookiedoon » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:34 am

I dont want to buy the DIY kit online and want to make my own. Can you guys please help with the specification of pressure gauge, check value / needle valve and from where it can be bought?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
cookiedoon

Postby mr_feynman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:58 pm

cookiedoon wrote:I dont want to buy the DIY kit online and want to make my own. Can you guys please help with the specification of pressure gauge, check value / needle valve and from where it can be bought?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Go to NS Road.
Board on any bus which goes to Fairlie Place, strand road. NS Road is the parallel road to that near Fairlie Place. Please check on google maps.
mr_feynman
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

PreviousNext

Return to CO2 and Fertilizers