Led batten light for planted aquarium

Dedicated to Planted aquarium specific Lights, Substrate and other equipements
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Led batten light for planted aquarium

Postby kirandesai_678 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:16 pm

Pls advise..
Can i use led batten for planted aquarium
It has 6500k rating.
And 1800 lumens

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
kirandesai_678
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Led batten light for planted aquarium

Postby kumar » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:44 am

try getting one with 22w. And I would suggest to go for Syska, I got wipro and 1 out of 3 were spoiled, so go for better brand
i luv fish + u luv fis=we luv wish

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby kirandesai_678 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:40 pm

kumar wrote:try getting one with 22w. And I would suggest to go for Syska, I got wipro and 1 out of 3 were spoiled, so go for better brand
I am just cost concerned .. i see these led are very cheap compared to special planted aquarium lights which start from ₹ 2000 or so...
Is there any special reason why people choose that lights over these led battens.

kirandesai_678
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby kumar » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:19 am

Just the craze and also the Aquarium fixtures come pre-built to fix on to aquariums easily so it helps. Also aquarium fixtures sometime come with multicolors, but white is just as sufficient to grow great plants.

Apart from that electronics is all same, and you might even get warranty with household tubes.
You can go with "2cool white : 1 Warm White" ratio, to give it a more soothing look.

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby mithun » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:44 am

none of these LEDs are designed to work in high huminidty conditions... No matter how highly priced brand you buy sooner or later they will give up due to all the vapour damage!
Mithun
M:8583865385
Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:If you want something done in a better way, do it yourself.

My 220Gal reef journal | My 150Gal reef journal
mithun
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kirandesai_678 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:25 am

mithun wrote:none of these LEDs are designed to work in high huminidty conditions... No matter how highly priced brand you buy sooner or later they will give up due to all the vapour damage!
So mithun only issue is with durability of the lights... These household led light will be good enough to grow plants in aquarium... Only pre requisite criteria is 6500K and appropriate lumens as per tanks volume... . am i right...

kirandesai_678
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby kumar » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:53 am

What Mithun means is, have good ventilation over your water surface to avoid moisture reaching the tubes. Having an open tank instead of using closed canopy will improve the lights life greatly.

kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Return to Lights & Other Equipments