Ideal light & filter for my tank

Dedicated to Planted aquarium specific Lights, Substrate and other equipements
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Ideal light & filter for my tank

Postby vikramdutta » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:31 pm

Drarnab wrote:http://www.kolkata-aquarium.com/viewtopic.php?t=7613
In this thread already I asked about a DIY co2 kit. Still confused.

Anyway, thanks vikramdutta for your reply. Very much helpful. Few more questions again, if you have time please.
1= already I bought Amazonia soil two 9 lit pkt, one ADA sand (corse one) one additive (super 4 or something like that couldn't recall).
Planning about new light. Sunsun ADS-500 C is considering now.
About filter could you please guide about model & company?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

You have bought and planning to buy all the equipment for a Hi Tech tank, in this nature of tank you need a very good filtration and obvious pressurized CO2, or else Algae will finish your tank. What more you need to buy is as follows:
1. Pressurised Co2 setup (Cylinder, Regulator preferably with solenoid, bubble counter, diffuser and the pipe)
2. Canister Filter, I told you i have both Sunsun lying aside and Fluval Marina working for last one year nonstop.
3. Timer, if you want to schedule the on and off time of CO2 and Lights
4. Drop Checker

and u are on for a Hi tech Planted tank.

All the best.
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby Drarnab » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:19 pm

vikramdutta wrote:

Anyway, thanks vikramdutta for your reply. Very much helpful. Few more questions again, if you have time please.
1= already I bought Amazonia soil two 9 lit pkt, one ADA sand (corse one) one additive (super 4 or something like that couldn't recall).

You have bought and planning to buy all the equipment for a Hi Tech tank, in this nature of tank you need a very good filtration and obvious pressurized CO2, or else Algae will finish your tank. What more you need to buy is as follows:
1. Pressurised Co2 setup (Cylinder, Regulator preferably with solenoid, bubble counter, diffuser and the pipe)
2. Canister Filter, I told you i have both Sunsun lying aside and Fluval Marina working for last one year nonstop.
4. Drop Checker

All the best.

Thank you Mr Dutta for your reply. Yes, you are right about my intention of upgrading into a high tech one in future.. But wasn't have that courage currently. Another problem is I'm the only person to look after it & I need to stay away from home a lot for a week or so.

1= pressurized Co2 set up, I'm thinking about a DIY one. Don't know that'll be good or not coz I'm from basirhat where co2 cylinder will not be available but can arrange citric acid & baking soda for sure.
2= canister filter. Here I'll go with your suggestion. Either eihem or fluval. Thanks for your input about non-availability of sunsun accessories.

3= timer. I am totally novice about timer. Please put some more light on it. As I'll not present always, timer seems to be a important thing for my tank.

4= drop checker. Need to know more about this too. Googling it now..

Is my selection of light is OK?

Thanks again bikram dutta sir..

Drarnab
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Nikhil Sonar » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:43 pm

In market der r automatic timer switches available in market .
They can be use to put lights and co2 solenoid on automatic on and off mode for specific time intervals in order to get regularly photo period for plants

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Nikhil Sonar
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Nikhil Sonar » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:45 pm

And drop checker are co2 gas availability in tanks indicators which will change colour in order to get correct amount of co2 in your tank

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Nikhil Sonar
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby vikramdutta » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:14 pm

Drarnab wrote:
vikramdutta wrote:

4. Drop Checker

All the best.

Thank you Mr Dutta for your reply. Yes, you are right about my intention of upgrading into a high tech one in future.. But wasn't have that courage currently. Another problem is I'm the only person to look after it & I need to stay away from home a lot for a week or so.

1= pressurized Co2 set up, I'm thinking about a DIY one. Don't know that'll be good or not coz I'm from basirhat where co2 cylinder will not be available but can arrange citric acid & baking soda for sure.
2= canister filter. Here I'll go with your suggestion. Either eihem or fluval. Thanks for your input about non-availability of sunsun accessories.

3= timer. I am totally novice about timer. Please put some more light on it. As I'll not present always, timer seems to be a important thing for my tank.

CO2, Light and Fert are the three factors which should be perfect if any one of them fails then your tank is going to have 100% algae to ruin it. DIY CO2 is not suggested in a Hitech Tank as the quantity may vary and if u will not be present weekly then who will switch off the CO2 in the dark period? For Lights i will again suggest PLL lamp than SUNSUN, or you may go for a little Costly Hanging non chinese Lights.
But it seems to me that you have not read sufficient journals, before starting the tank, pls read as much Journals you can. Don't prepare to end at the beginning.
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Drarnab » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:47 pm

Yes.. It's true that I need to go through more journal before I jump into the game.. Now I'm thinking to go slow & read more..

Drarnab
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby vikramdutta » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:14 pm

Drarnab wrote:Yes.. It's true that I need to go through more journal before I jump into the game.. Now I'm thinking to go slow & read more..

That's a better decision
vikramdutta
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Dipankar » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:44 am

4. Drop Checker

All the best.[/quote]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk[/quote]

CO2, Light and Fert are the three factors which should be perfect if any one of them fails then your tank is going to have 100% algae to ruin it. DIY CO2 is not suggested in a Hitech Tank as the quantity may vary and if u will not be present weekly then who will switch off the CO2 in the dark period? For Lights i will again suggest PLL lamp than SUNSUN, or you may go for a little Costly Hanging non chinese Lights.
But it seems to me that you have not read sufficient journals, before starting the tank, pls read as much Journals you can. Don't prepare to end at the beginning.[/quote]

+1
Dipankar
Die Hard KAC Fan
Die Hard KAC Fan

Postby Sushant » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:40 am

Drarnab wrote:
Drarnab wrote:"DIY Led full spectrum grow lights from Mr. Safi (Aqua plant studio) chennai"_ is this available online? I'm also confused a lot about lighting...

Bump with asking again about Mr Safi. Does he sell online?

So sorry, I was busy for few days. Missed a lot of it here.

Regarding Lights - Mr. Safi does not have any online shopping portal. I contacted him through Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/aquaplantstudio

Regards
Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.
Sushant
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Previous

Return to Lights & Other Equipments