Dreaming Big! Not That Big Actually!

Discuss anything related to aquatic plants and aquascaping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Dreaming Big! Not That Big Actually!

Postby adarshnarsaria » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Hey there!

I am planning for my Third and largest yet tank. A 42" X 18" X 18" Glass Tank.

I again am going full planted Low Tech Setup.

For the Stand I am getting the Slotted angle table made with thick gauge iron.

I am planning an Island Style Aquascape.

Balling on a budget I am thinking on these things but need advice on them:

1. Substrate: I am planning to add a bottom layer of Hummus then top it with Soilrite and then again top it with coarse grain sand. (Need recommendation on the sand type which looks good too). I do not know if this is the correct way to do it. I am open to suggestions on this method. Also I am planning to add an iron source to the substrate. Any suggestions on that needed too.

2. To raise the height I will use bags of Rocks at the bottom.

3. Filtration: This is going to be a 200 Liter tank approximately. So I am looking at a Filtration Rate of around 800 Litres per hour. Here I want to ask that those Top Filters with a rating of 800 litres per hour or say 1200 litres per hour does not seem that efficient as they advertise them to be. I want to know if there is something like a guideline which tells their actual capacity something like 60% of the written capacity or something like that so I can Decide how much filtration do I actually need.

4. Hardscape: Cheap Options? What types of wood are available out there. Which ones should I use. If I am on a tight budget should I go to using rocks?. Please help

5. Lighting: As once an aquascaper suggested me to use 0.5 watt of LED lighting per liter of water in the tank so I am going to use 20 watt Led Tubes. 5 of them will do As I can think of like this. Also I have no clue about what full spectrum lights are? Please some source where I can Know about this in detail. Other DIY Alternatives anything is welcome. Yes I am good at DIY Stuff so can suggest me something of that side as well.

6. CO2: Pressurized DIY Citric Acid & Baking Soda CO2 Setup.

7. Fertilizers: EL Dosing via EL Kit. https://aquaticjungle.ecwid.com/EI-Pack-Makes-2-litre-Macro-and-2-litre-Micro-p101892878

8. Flora: Finally the Thing Everyone builds planted tanks for. Suggest some really good looking plants which can grow themselves good in this Setup and also looks good. Not only green but red and browns too. Suggest some good carpeting options too. Moss?

if I am missing something here please mention those too.

Thanks for helping me in my Biggest ever Project. :)
Aquariums for life
adarshnarsaria
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: Dreaming Big! Not That Big Actually!

Postby adarshnarsaria » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:05 am

Anyone Here to Help me?
Aquariums for life
adarshnarsaria
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Re: Dreaming Big! Not That Big Actually!

Postby adarshnarsaria » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:25 am

adarshnarsaria wrote:Anyone Here to Help me?
Anyone?

Sent from my LS-5017 using Tapatalk
Aquariums for life
adarshnarsaria
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Return to Planted Tank Discussion