My first Aquascape. 35 Gallons

Discuss anything related to aquatic plants and aquascaping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

My first Aquascape. 35 Gallons

Postby adarshnarsaria » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:17 am

Hello,

Before anything I would like to thank you to all the humble members of KAC who helped me setup this tanks with their priceless advice the this thread

http://www.kolkata-aquarium.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7595 .

Thanks to all of you.

Now I would request you to keep in mind that this is my first ever aquascape so be easy on me a bit. :ympeace:

The Specifications are:

Size: 30"X15"X18"
Material of the Tank: Glass
Substrate: Coarse Sugar Like Sand for the lower layer, Fine Sand for the Mid Layer, and small chiplets like yellowish gravel as top layer. :-ss
CO2: DIY Three Cylinder CO2 System with two Generation Cylinders and one Gas Separating Chamber and liquid CO2 :-??
Plants: Large Amazon Swords and Tape Grass for the Background, Cryptocornye Becketti and Water Wisteria for the mid ground :ymdaydream:
Hard Scape: A Medium sized Driftwood with Java Moss tied on it on one of the thirds and a medium size rock behind which amazon swords are frilling. :-ss
Livestock: Red Cherry Shrimps, Zebra Danios, Red Tail Sharks, Tiger Barbs, Albino Lemon Tetras, a Leopard Pleco and Red molly. x_x
Filter: Internal Power Filter as a mechanical filter soon going to add some Biological filtration as well as some chemical filtration working on those. :ympray:
Heater: 150 Watts. :-h
Lighting: 2 Feet 20 Watts LED Tubelight.

Any advice for improvements and mistakes plz mention. :ympray:

Watch the Video Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0poPO8xrlA
Aquariums for life
adarshnarsaria
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: My first Aquascape. 35 Gallons

Postby Nikhil Sonar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:00 am

Very good execution

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Nikhil Sonar
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Re: My first Aquascape. 35 Gallons

Postby adarshnarsaria » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:20 pm

The Tank is not on any ferts as I currently have no idea of them. ~x(

Plz Guide me through what should I buy, Where to buy and how and when to dose for my plants to thrive and not just to survive. x_x

I live in Howrah, Shibpur area. Please suggest some stores nearby if possible. Also I am pretty Low on budget right now so suggest something cheap and yet effective. :-ss

I saw this man selling squirt handwash kind of bottles at galiff claiming them to be fertilizers. I did not bought those I was not sure what they were. They costed 250 bucks though. Any Idea on them? :-??

Please bear with me I have no idea about macro or micronutrients or anything like that. x_x
Aquariums for life
adarshnarsaria
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Return to Planted Tank Discussion