fuzzy algae on HC Cuba carpet

Discuss anything related to aquatic plants and aquascaping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

fuzzy algae on HC Cuba carpet

Postby Arun » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:14 pm

I have fuzzy algae growing on my cuba carpet. Tank size 12 inches cube. Total ADA setup, including substrate, fertilizers, lights etc. LIghts on for 9 hours a day with pressurized CO2, drop checker always in yellowish green. 5 amano shrimps and 5 neon tetras. 12 anubias nana petite and a bunch of mini bolbitis. The fuzzy algae first started growing on the glass and within few days has enveloped the lower area of the cuba carpet. Any suggestions and ideas on
fuzz-algae-on-cuba-3.jpg
fuzz-algae-on-cuba-3.jpg
fuzz-algae-on-cuba-2.jpg
fuzz-algae-on-cuba-1.jpg
how to eradicate this will be gratefully accepted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arun
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: fuzzy algae on HC Cuba carpet

Postby Nikhil Sonar » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:07 pm

Arun wrote:I have fuzzy algae growing on my cuba carpet. Tank size 12 inches cube. Total ADA setup, including substrate, fertilizers, lights etc. LIghts on for 9 hours a day with pressurized CO2, drop checker always in yellowish green. 5 amano shrimps and 5 neon tetras. 12 anubias nana petite and a bunch of mini bolbitis. The fuzzy algae first started growing on the glass and within few days has enveloped the lower area of the cuba carpet. Any suggestions and ideas on
fuzz-algae-on-cuba-3.jpg
fuzz-algae-on-cuba-3.jpg
fuzz-algae-on-cuba-2.jpg
fuzz-algae-on-cuba-1.jpg
how to eradicate this will be gratefully accepted.
First take out your shripms nd add some algaecide for first aid than check your water parameters i think its an issue of less water circulation in tank by the way wats your filter for this cube

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
Nikhil Sonar
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Dipankar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:37 pm

What is your light wattage and lumen ?
Dipankar
Die Hard KAC Fan
Die Hard KAC Fan

Postby Dipankar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:38 pm

One more question
What is the fert dosing amount & schedule ?
Dipankar
Die Hard KAC Fan
Die Hard KAC Fan

Postby Arun » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:13 pm

first, my apologies for the late response, been traveling a lot and just got back. Its a 7 gallon nano tank and the filter is rated 70 gallons/hour, so I dont think there is a flow issue. I also have a small surface skimmer in a corner, so the current throughout the tank is quite strong, can see almost all the leaves slightly waving in the flow. I have a 90 LED panel SAMCON SBE-5790 and I am assuming each led is around 0.33 watts, no way of knowing the lumens. I am dosing ADA Step 1 and ADA Brighty K, as per the recommended dosage (1 push of the pump for 20 liters), and the tank itself is 4 months old, and the cuba carpet is around 2 months old. Tested fir Nitrate using PRODAC kit, and the reading is zero. Started adding ADA Step 2 (NPK) since the last two days..no difference yet.
Arun
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Dipankar » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Your light is 29.7 W and aprox 70 lmn/W that means 2100 lmn in total then 2100รท144=14.58 lmn/sq". I never use ADA but I can say HC are very picky in fert but just check CO2 rate and circulation of CO2 and fert, they should reach the plants. Increase filtration rate to 10 times that doesn't mean circulation is perfect, check this. If circulation is perfect plants will consume all the nutrients and starving algae will finished. By the way what is your filter type and filter media

Sent from my SM-T285YD using Tapatalk
Dipankar
Die Hard KAC Fan
Die Hard KAC Fan

Postby SanamMarik » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:27 pm

what ferts are u dosing? and if possible get hold of some glut/excel and start using it before the fert dosing is corrected in d meantime... :)
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Return to Planted Tank Discussion