My new cherry shrimp tank

Discuss anything related to aquatic plants and aquascaping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

My new cherry shrimp tank

Postby Atanu » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:09 am

I have started this non CO2 nano tank (18X12X12) on 09th September and added 27 cherry shrimp on 01st October. Few shrimps were with egg when bought, all of them laid egg in last 5-10 days and can see 25-30 tiny baby shrimp... :D
I have few questions:
1. Can anyone please suggest about pruning of Rotala and HM? Rotala has already overgrown. I did a cut on rotala 2 weeks back from 2 inch below the top and those are grown again with 2-3 branches, this time it looks like, I have to cut all those branches!
2. Pest snail, i am tired by removing them from plant leaves and glass everyday. they are leaving a tiny hole on the leaf when removed. Please suggest how to get rid off them totally without affecting shrimp.
3. tiny round shaped white insect...slowly roaming around the aquarium, possible to catch by hand with 5-6 try. any idea what r those and how to remove them?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Atanu
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Re: My new cherry shrimp tank

Postby nirmalyawb1 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:16 pm

Very nice

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk
nirmalyawb1
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby ambor2013@live.com » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:04 pm

Atanu wrote:I have started this non CO2 nano tank (18X12X12) on 09th September and added 27 cherry shrimp on 01st October. Few shrimps were with egg when bought, all of them laid egg in last 5-10 days and can see 25-30 tiny baby shrimp... :D
I have few questions:
1. Can anyone please suggest about pruning of Rotala and HM? Rotala has already overgrown. I did a cut on rotala 2 weeks back from 2 inch below the top and those are grown again with 2-3 branches, this time it looks like, I have to cut all those branches!
2. Pest snail, i am tired by removing them from plant leaves and glass everyday. they are leaving a tiny hole on the leaf when removed. Please suggest how to get rid off them totally without affecting shrimp.
3. tiny round shaped white insect...slowly roaming around the aquarium, possible to catch by hand with 5-6 try. any idea what r those and how to remove them?

For unwanted snail.. u hv to add assassin snail.& U will get best result cz manually snail removing just a waste . I hv some .. u can contact me

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk
ambor2013@live.com
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Atanu » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:48 am

Thanks Ambor. Sent you a pm.

@ All,
Fertilizer for K and N,
Is K2SO4 really needed? I am using KNO3 only using the link "http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/calculator.htm".
My 7 Gallon tank, 20.56g KNO3 mix in 250ml water, 10ml of each dosage gives 10 ppm K and 15.84 ppm NO3. Is this ratio of K and N enough or I am missing something?
Atanu
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby ambor2013@live.com » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:09 am

Atanu wrote:Thanks Ambor. Sent you a pm.

@ All,
Fertilizer for K and N,
Is K2SO4 really needed? I am using KNO3 only using the link "http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/calculator.htm".
My 7 Gallon tank, 20.56g KNO3 mix in 250ml water, 10ml of each dosage gives 10 ppm K and 15.84 ppm NO3. Is this ratio of K and N enough or I am missing something?

Call / WhatsApp me @7687803338

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk
ambor2013@live.com
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby SanamMarik » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:15 pm

you can go ahead with KNO3 only but adding xtra K seems to help me grow my plants faster. its my personal experience. Also, some plants sometimes show K deficiency, so you can keep it handy in case you need it... :)
Sanam Marik
Knowledge has no end and so is my love for it. :)
SanamMarik
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby Atanu » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Thanks Sanam for the clarification..
Atanu
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby Atanu » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Update:
After pruning on Feb, 2017:

Aqua1.JPG

Then it had broken and everything shifted to a 2 feet aquarium. Added garden soil layer.
I had become very lazy, water change monthly and no fertilizer last 6 months.

It is now:

Aqua2a.JPG

But my Shrimp population is now - 300 + (bough 27 one year back)
Assassin snail - 40+ (bought 5 from Ambor) .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Atanu
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Postby kumar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:02 pm

that is looking awesome for the amount of time you invest in it. What all do you have as part of your substrate? doesnt your water level come down after one month without water change?
i luv fish + u luv fis=we luv wish

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby Atanu » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:31 am

1 inch garden soil at bottom + old amazonia. top up water lever occasionally. Going to re-escape it. Hair grass has algae due to poor maintenance, so have to remove most of the area,thinking to replace with glosso and this time going for proper maintenance. Introduced ludwigia sp. cuba as well which has started converting from emerged to submerged.
Atanu
New KAC Member
New KAC Member

Return to Planted Tank Discussion