First Time Scaper

Discuss anything related to aquatic plants and aquascaping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: First Time Scaper

Postby el batty » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:32 am

contact me for laterite..i have a block of laterite to spare..you need to pulverize it dust and go through the same trauma i did of a prisoner in alipore jail breaking stones :mrgreen:

over that you can give 2mm gravel or in you case i'd recommend a mix of both gravel and sand. Gives the natural look. If you want you can use syrofoam below the areas you want to create a dome like me and risk buoyancy revolution of plan and simple buy a little more gravel :D :D I'd say 6-8 kg should be enough. You coming this saturday? then we can drop by at buro da's shop and gather the 2mm @ 6/kg..i'll also buy wet yeast from gariahat for DIY. For the road, try something else...not white atleast.

rocks? either you can spend a fortune and spend on ADA rocks or arrange some ER rocks (eastern railway = rail track rocks as per your requirement) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

plants i would suggest is a full on glosso carpet...nothing else. or you can keep something bushy behind the big rock but major focus on glosso.. if HC carpet could have been arranged, it would have been the best, but i doubt if it can be done in DIY package :mrgreen:

fishes? 6-8 neons or if possible cardinals.

Welcome to the glosso club bro :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
we are not getting glosso in kolkata...got a lead from Rahul..called...phone off...will inform about quantity and cost when i get updated.

filtration : a HOB would serve best.

CO2 : DIY for sure.
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby DeepSankarSen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:38 am

el batty wrote:contact me for laterite..i have a block of laterite to spare..you need to pulverize it dust and go through the same trauma i did of a prisoner in alipore jail breaking stones :mrgreen:

over that you can give 2mm gravel or in you case i'd recommend a mix of both gravel and sand. Gives the natural look. If you want you can use syrofoam below the areas you want to create a dome like me and risk buoyancy revolution of plan and simple buy a little more gravel :D :D I'd say 6-8 kg should be enough. You coming this saturday? then we can drop by at buro da's shop and gather the 2mm @ 6/kg..i'll also buy wet yeast from gariahat for DIY. For the road, try something else...not white atleast.

rocks? either you can spend a fortune and spend on ADA rocks or arrange some ER rocks (eastern railway = rail track rocks as per your requirement) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

plants i would suggest is a full on glosso carpet...nothing else. or you can keep something bushy behind the big rock but major focus on glosso.. if HC carpet could have been arranged, it would have been the best, but i doubt if it can be done in DIY package :mrgreen:

fishes? 6-8 neons or if possible cardinals.

Welcome to the glosso club bro :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
we are not getting glosso in kolkata...got a lead from Rahul..called...phone off...will inform about quantity and cost when i get updated.

filtration : a HOB would serve best.

CO2 : DIY for sure.

what is HOB?
and what is HC? :D
ER rocks can be arranged! :mrgreen:

i love glosso!!! will text you for the laterite. trying to make it on saturday. :) :)
also, spoke with Abhirup(mecho) last night and he suggested the bumblebee goby! :)
what about corydoras?
Last edited by DeepSankarSen on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
AQUAHOLIC
DeepSankarSen
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby el batty » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:46 am

bumblebee goby in a planted setup? yellow of the goby and yellow of the sand will mix up and it won't be contrasting.

HOB = hang on back filter
HC = Hemianthus Callitrichoides (super awesome scaping plant)
cories can be introduced only when the glosso have been fully settled else they will uproot the plants..i'd advice against them.
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Postby parthapratim22 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:33 am

For me make it a moss tank with two CPU fan!!! in such a small tank it will be very difficult to maintain HC or glosso, experts can say better. Or you can try and see how it works!!!

You may see some uprooted trees(almost any tree) on the road side, cut the roots, or in small jungle old died trees has these kind of roots those are easy to process almost ready to use. But you have to source it.
Frogfoot ADnS, enquiry call 9953551924
https://www.facebook.com/frogfootaquariumdesigns
parthapratim22
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby DeepSankarSen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:53 am

el batty wrote:bumblebee goby in a planted setup? yellow of the goby and yellow of the sand will mix up and it won't be contrasting.

HOB = hang on back filter
HC = Hemianthus Callitrichoides (super awesome scaping plant)
cories can be introduced only when the glosso have been fully settled else they will uproot the plants..i'd advice against them.

ok, no cories then. but i'm bored of the neons and cardinals. :(
want to try something different!!

parthapratim22 wrote:For me make it a moss tank with two CPU fan!!! in such a small tank it will be very difficult to maintain HC or glosso, experts can say better. Or you can try and see how it works!!!

You may see some uprooted trees(almost any tree) on the road side, cut the roots, or in small jungle old died trees has these kind of roots those are easy to process almost ready to use. But you have to source it.

ok, will try. i might have a dead hibiscus at home. :)

do all planted tanks need fans?
AQUAHOLIC
DeepSankarSen
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby soumyadipta9 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:40 pm

DeepSankarSen wrote:
ok, no cories then. but i'm bored of the neons and cardinals. :(
want to try something different!!

I have a suggestion for u- Hengeli Rasbora.
Bought 6 of these little guys from Aqueous last Saturday. Beautiful creatures !!! And quite hardy too, if google is to be believed :-)
Not exactly colorful though, unlike the neons & cardinals :-)
Deep

--I solemnly swear I'm up to no good--
soumyadipta9
KAC Freak
KAC Freak

Postby souvikray » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:09 pm

if you are starting planted journey from the very begining then i will suggest you to look for some bushy scape with various steam and other verity of plants and a slight bigger tank. it will help you understand plant growth in various parameters, growth of various algae and how to control them, you can also experiment with plant shapes and scapes.

just my 2 cents :)
souvikray
Admin
Admin

Postby DeepSankarSen » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:56 am

souvikray wrote:if you are starting planted journey from the very begining then i will suggest you to look for some bushy scape with various steam and other verity of plants and a slight bigger tank. it will help you understand plant growth in various parameters, growth of various algae and how to control them, you can also experiment with plant shapes and scapes.

just my 2 cents :)

i wanted a bigger tank but that'll happen in a few months.
the new 5' i'm getting is completely clearing me out!

what kind of plants should i start with?
AQUAHOLIC
DeepSankarSen
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby el batty » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:00 am

if height was more i would have suggested all types of stem plants :P
Regards,
Subhadeep

el batty

Postby DeepSankarSen » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:03 am

height and depth are major issues here...
hence the decision for a carpet.
AQUAHOLIC
DeepSankarSen
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Planted Tank Discussion