Demo scape - Plan B - Slope added!!!

Discuss anything related to aquatic plants and aquascaping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Demo scape - Plan B - Take 1..2..3

Postby el batty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:00 am

the tree would look really out of proportion in the tank...so i am chucking that out.

i might just use a wood vertically to signify a dead tree on the right. just a barren tree...no moss no nothing. (slightly tilted leaning towards the river)

plants to be used (glosso and dhg) and i wanted a roundish shaped leaved plant that grows on runners and won't grow tall. perhaps the level of the dhg. pennywort looked nice but have no clue if the requirements match.

Creating the slope is becoming a little difficult for me. The pics were taken in a 1.5' with 10" hgt while on the main tank, the original tank is 16" high and also 2' long...so a little here and there in proportion will be seen.

today will fill up the lat+soil and finalize the setup.

i kinda think that the main flaw in all my scapes is because of the lack of width. 12" is becoming too less for me to even implement a simple curve :(

i wanted to use a customized background this time not the regular ones. Any suggestions?
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby parthapratim22 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:40 am

1ft is quite good to create the slope.

But its right as you are targeting a vast open field, its very difficult to prepare. But unless you have other subject exactly proportionate its almost impossible to showcase your exact idea. Not sure how your wood log will play that role.

Recently seen this awesome tank, and amazing proportion, may help you to think on this aspect.(By Vu Ngoc Quy of Vietnam)
Frogfoot ADnS, enquiry call 9953551924
https://www.facebook.com/frogfootaquariumdesigns
parthapratim22
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby el batty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:52 am

i love the background if not anything else..
the rocks i am having is not suitable for these scape.

i'll increase the height of the left corner by adding 2 layers of syrofoam to get a pretty steep hike...then the layers accordingly.

similarly, on the right, not that high too, but lesser than the left slope...lemme get the slopes ready first...then the river and all can be managed.

i was planning to separate the substrate with the white sand by transparent plastic or old xray plate shaped accordingly :P

i am not wanting the river to be just sprinkling of white sand on top of the substrate but the whole volume to be of white sand...that way, easier for me to have the look from taking pic from front!
Regards,
Subhadeep

aninda wrote:I believe in karma. That means I can do bad things to people I don't like and assume they deserved it.
el batty

Postby el batty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:58 am

if i implement the syrofoam thingy, theoritically the slope can be attained like this.

but then i will have no clue how to create the river effect and where to place the stones...which side shall i keep higher, (the river would come from that side i guess)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Subhadeep

el batty

Slope added.

Postby el batty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:38 pm

this is the slopiest i can get them to be :D

haven't added the lat+soil layer...

comments and river guidance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Subhadeep

el batty

Re: Demo scape - Plan B - Slope added!!!

Postby el batty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:16 pm

and a riverish thing finally...now i get it why people were screaming slope slope..adds the 3rd dimension :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Regards,
Subhadeep

el batty

Postby el batty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:24 pm

glosso = light green
parvula/tenellus - deep green
one type of stem plant behind the rock on the right (open to suggestions)

thats the rough scape that i have stumbled upon.

will do the whole setup for real this sat morning....plantation who knows when :(
Regards,
Subhadeep

el batty

Postby el batty » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:33 pm

forgot about the wood...but adding the wood makes it clumsy..still opinions?
Regards,
Subhadeep

el batty

Postby DeepSankarSen » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:55 am

will the wood become a moss tree?
AQUAHOLIC
DeepSankarSen
KAC Fanatic
KAC Fanatic

Postby el batty » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:02 am

i hope not..i can put the wood on the extreme right corner just above the wood there and add some moss there. that can be thought of later..but for now i am just focusing on the river thing.
Regards,
Subhadeep

el batty

PreviousNext

Return to Planted Tank Discussion