Another Planted Attempt Planning

Discuss anything related to aquatic plants and aquascaping
Forum rules
Before you start posting in this forum, will suggest you to go through the forum rules
HERE

Re: Another Planted Attempt Planning

Postby soumyadipta9 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Tirtha wrote:Guys, sorry for not posting in this thread. If it is not too late,

1. Don't add any Coco Peat, they are good for nothing
2. If you failed to source Soilrite, use only humus or Vermicompost along with Laterite

I am surprised to see the price and availability of Laterite. West of West Bengal floating on Laterite Bed and it's used in almost all the road construction in my area. if you just go near to Bombay Road through Kona Expressway, 99% chance, you will get Laterite heap at road side.

Rohan, if you can give pressurized CO2 then go for single 56watt PLL with a good reflector. Or else use two 2 feet T5 (Not HO) for your tank if you are going with DIY.

One thing off my list then.
Bought Laterite from Galiff today at Rs 50/kg & hopefully we'll get Soilrite too.
Also considering Humus Plus (Rohan da's suggestion) along with Laterite+Soilrite. Will it help or, again, useless ?
Deep

--I solemnly swear I'm up to no good--
soumyadipta9
KAC Freak
KAC Freak

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Orkut Orkut

Postby Tirtha » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:44 pm

soumyadipta9 wrote:
Tirtha wrote:Guys, sorry for not posting in this thread. If it is not too late,

1. Don't add any Coco Peat, they are good for nothing
2. If you failed to source Soilrite, use only humus or Vermicompost along with Laterite

I am surprised to see the price and availability of Laterite. West of West Bengal floating on Laterite Bed and it's used in almost all the road construction in my area. if you just go near to Bombay Road through Kona Expressway, 99% chance, you will get Laterite heap at road side.

Rohan, if you can give pressurized CO2 then go for single 56watt PLL with a good reflector. Or else use two 2 feet T5 (Not HO) for your tank if you are going with DIY.

One thing off my list then.
Bought Laterite from Galiff today at Rs 50/kg & hopefully we'll get Soilrite too.
Also considering Humus Plus (Rohan da's suggestion) along with Laterite+Soilrite. Will it help or, again, useless ?

Don't bang your head too much on Substrate. If you get humus then use it or else leave. if you are not planning to setup a tank what you will keep for years with all the root feeder, anything and everything is fine. :)
Regards,
Tirtha

A Bad Attitude is like a Flat Tyre. You cannot go anywhere until you change it.
Tirtha
Admin
Admin

Postby soumyadipta9 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Tirtha wrote:Don't bang your head too much on Substrate. If you get humus then use it or else leave. if you are not planning to setup a tank what you will keep for years with all the root feeder, anything and everything is fine. :)

Actually Tirtha'da, my primary aim is to try to get quick growth since I only have, like, 2.5 months with this tank & not sure when I'll get to keep an aquarium again after that. That's why all this headache over the substrate, thinking about adding everything if that'll help :lol:. Also considered ADA for a while but was warned that a noob like me might not be able to handle it.
Will Pressurized Co2 help in my case (considering my 'demands') ? Lighting decided so far is a 36 Watt PLL (10 Gal tank) by Philips or Osram (whichever's better) ?

P.S. I'm posting my queries in this thread too, hope that's okay :?
Deep

soumyadipta9
KAC Freak
KAC Freak

Postby Tirtha » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:02 pm

soumyadipta9 wrote:
Tirtha wrote:Don't bang your head too much on Substrate. If you get humus then use it or else leave. if you are not planning to setup a tank what you will keep for years with all the root feeder, anything and everything is fine. :)

Actually Tirtha'da, my primary aim is to try to get quick growth since I only have, like, 2.5 months with this tank & not sure when I'll get to keep an aquarium again after that. That's why all this headache over the substrate, thinking about adding everything if that'll help :lol:. Also considered ADA for a while but was warned that a noob like me might not be able to handle it.
Will Pressurized Co2 help in my case (considering my 'demands') ? Lighting decided so far is a 36 Watt PLL (10 Gal tank) by Philips or Osram (whichever's better) ?

What you are planning to grow in that tank?? All depends on the plants.

In a stem only fast grower tank, when you give all the Hitech stuff, then also it neeeds minimum 3 months to mature. So not sure how far you will go in 2.5 months.

BTW... where you are going??
Regards,
Tirtha

Tirtha
Admin
Admin

Postby soumyadipta9 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Tirtha wrote:
soumyadipta9 wrote:

What you are planning to grow in that tank?? All depends on the plants.

In a stem only fast grower tank, when you give all the Hitech stuff, then also it neeeds minimum 3 months to mature. So not sure how far you will go in 2.5 months.

BTW... where you are going??

Trivandrum, new job. 2-3 months training there then posting, dunno where.

And I'm not expecting a mature tank in 2.5 months, ofcourse not :-P. If I atleast get to see some greenery I'll be happy :-). It'll earn me some experience for later.
I'll only stick to easy, fast-growing plants for now. Not sure which ones exactly, will have to create a thread for that.
Deep

soumyadipta9
KAC Freak
KAC Freak

Postby Rohan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Tirtha da would be going for DIY CO2 only i think so like you said about adding two T5's does they should sum up 56W?

So what should be the final substrate mix( a bit confused) laterite + soilrite + humus fine ?
Rohan

Postby Rohan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Also should i mix one 8000K and one 4500K or 8000k and 6500K ?
Rohan

Postby Tirtha » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Rohan wrote:Tirtha da would be going for DIY CO2 only i think so like you said about adding two T5's does they should sum up 56W?

So what should be the final substrate mix( a bit confused) laterite + soilrite + humus fine ?

you will get 56watt if you use 2 T5HO. But Notmal 2 feet T5 is 18watt if I can remember correctly. Use 6500K tubes. Will be good to start with.
Regards,
Tirtha

Tirtha
Admin
Admin

Postby kumar » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:38 am

Tirtha wrote:you will get 56watt if you use 2 T5HO. But Notmal 2 feet T5 is 18watt if I can remember correctly. Use 6500K tubes. Will be good to start with.

no you dint, in2ft=>
HO its its 2 X 24W and 2 X 14W for T5
T8 = 18W

Also a link for COCO peat and way to use it
http://coirpith.co.in/
i luv fish + u luv fis=we luv wish

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

Postby kumar » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:50 am

soumyadipta9 wrote:Trivandrum, new job. 2-3 months training there then posting, dunno where.

All the best!! TCS?

Well my suggestion would be to not at aaaaal worry about your 2.5 months tank, just add sand/gravel and start planting with dosing. Once you get to Triv you ll go mad of the hobbiests collection there and you invest then full heartedly.

If I were you, I would go for 2CFL a decent tank with stems and runners foreground. T5HOs. peat, laterite, soilrite--- collecting all these will eat up rest of your 0.5 months not forgetting time to resale them OR transport them to Triv.
Better start early simply ...& stay cozy!

Good luck
i luv fish + u luv fis=we luv wish

rahul wrote:It should not be like today planted ,tomorrow cichlid,day after tomorrow blackwater, next community, then marine ,then business and end up dying useless. Whatever you do do it well
kumar
Regular in KAC
Regular in KAC

PreviousNext

Return to Planted Tank Discussion